• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone running a Precision Firearms AR

mikethetiger55

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2014
Now that I have my .308 AR out of the way (POF Patriot arrives this week), I am looking to upgrade my .556 inventory with the main criteria of accuracy. I came across Precision Firearms and noticed the accuracy claims of their Soft Target Interdiction Rifle (24" Lija barrel). Is anyone running one of these rifles? Seems like a great rifle, but also a great price tag. Are there other, less expensive AR's worthy of consideration?

For reference, my current .556 is a RRA Tactical Operator 2, which I purchased as my first semi-auto gas gun. My intent is to keep this setup for tactical shooting applications and to get a new AR setup as a DMR rifle.

BTW, thanks to everyone here for helping me to empty my pocket book. My wife hates this site!!! :)

I bought a Colt LE 6920 M4 for 1049$ then added a Geissele SSA-E trigger for 230$. With my good reloads it would group between 1" + 1.5". I am an accuracy nut so I ordered a White Oak Armament 18" varmint Complete upper and had WOA flute it for me to save some weight for 734$. It now groups less than 1/2" at 100 yds. If I sell the Colt upper for close to 600$ I could subtract the 600$ from the completed AR. You can pay a lot more and not get one as accurate as mine. Something to think about. I also put a Bushnell Tactical AR/223 scope with 4.5-18x40mm zoom on it with Warne QD Ultra High aluminum rings which are very strong and very light. There is a B-SQUARE bubble level just behind the rear Warne ring. I also added Custom Turret Labels so I only have to Laze the distance then turn the elevation turret to the distance hold for wind and shoot. No more counting clicks. The scope is not bent the picture is distorted.

Attachments

• custom turrets 1 .jpg
    custom turrets 1 .jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 100 yd. group .JPG
    100 yd. group .JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 11
  • WARNE ULTRA LIGHT QD RINGS .JPG
    WARNE ULTRA LIGHT QD RINGS .JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 13
  • WARNE ULTRA LIGHT 1%22RINGS 1 .JPG
    WARNE ULTRA LIGHT 1%22RINGS 1 .JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 10
i have known of Mark of Precision Firearms for 6 years ...his work is very damn good and detail as well the same ...anybody gets his work will love it -if you have any trouble ,he backs his work 100% ....

^What he said. Everything I've got from Mark has been sub MOA. I can't tell you exactly what they are, because they all out shoot me.

1 6.5 Grendel Rifle, 1 6.5 Grendel Barrel, 1 .223 Wylde Barrel.

I would suggest though that you look at his Grendels, since you're looking for a tactical DMR.

I believe the Arion would fit your bill nicely.
https://secure.wf-api.com/www.preci...-1 6.5 Grendel--arion-6-5-grendel-type-i.html