• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone seen center x?

smokinbobf4

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
Have a buddy that found lapua center x shot the best out of his .22 and we can’t seem to find any anywhere. Anyone know where to get some or is that like getting unicorn dust also?

Man you ain’t kidding about it being out of stock everywhere

Planned on buying some for my incoming voodoo. Looks like Il have to find something else

Yeah, I bought a couple boxes a few months ago and it didn’t seem plentiful but you could find it. Now it has all vanished.

Contact one of the Lapua test centers to see if any of their distributors can still fulfill orders. If so, pay the test fee and order a case that is proven in your gun. Expensive, but beats the alternative of not having good ammo.

Reactions: BurtG
Contact one of the Lapua test centers to see if any of their distributors can still fulfill orders. If so, pay the test fee and order a case that is proven in your gun. Expensive, but beats the alternative of not having good ammo.
Will they allow you to do this without actually sending in your rifle?

From what I hear . lapua will be dry for a long while in the USA I was able to grab a case of Center X the next day and have not seen any lapua 22 ammo other than biathlon in stock anywhere. I honestly hope it's not true but seems to be.

Reactions: smokinbobf4
I just looked there this morning and now and out of stock both times! Haha

Kind of pointless to buy cx without doing the lapua lot testing. It's alot of money for something that may or may not shoot as well as ammo that's half the price.

For NRL22/PRS22 just use whatever sk/eley/wolf you can find that will run in your gun( certain chambers are built for sk/lapua and will not run well with others.)

Cx has been around $16 a box. You can get eley club for $5 to 6, sk standard plus for $7 and sk rifle match for around $9.50.

Kind of pointless to buy cx without doing the lapua lot testing. It's alot of money for something that may or may not shoot as well as ammo that's half the price.

For NRL22/PRS22 just use whatever sk/eley/wolf you can find that will run in your gun( certain chambers are built for sk/lapua and will not run well with others.)

Cx has been around $16 a box. You can get eley club for $5 to 6, sk standard plus for $7 and sk rifle match for around $9.50.

I guess....from experience, over $10's of thousands of dollars in 22lr match ammo over the past 10yrs....CX is going to consistently better than the other types you mentioned. Especially at distance. You're paying for higher probability of that ammo being more consistent.

Have I found lots of SK+ and SK RM that shot great, absolutely....but a lot less often then CX... when you shoot 100, 200, 300, 400....CX, R50, FG UM when it was around, Tenex, all are wayyy more consistent from lot to lot over SK anything.. thats what you're paying for.🤷‍♂️ oh and I've never sent a rifle to the test center. Never felt the need to with how my Krieger and Bartleins shoot

I guess....from experience, over $10's of thousands of dollars in 22lr match ammo over the past 10yrs....CX is going to consistently better than the other types you mentioned. Especially at distance. You're paying for higher probability of that ammo being more consistent.

Have I found lots of SK+ and SK RM that shot great, absolutely....but a lot less often then CX... when you shoot 100, 200, 300, 400....CX, R50, FG UM when it was around, Tenex, all are wayyy more consistent from lot to lot over SK anything.. thats what you're paying for.🤷‍♂️ oh and I've never sent a rifle to the test center. Never felt the need to with how my Krieger and Bartleins shoot
Padom are you saying you didn’t lot test yourself? Or did you find that most CX just shot well at those longer distances? I have shot a few lots of Lapua rimfire ammo. Some Cx and some Midas. The lot of Midas I played with was some of the best 50y stuff I have shot. It was fair at 100 but lacked any consistency any further when compared to many many different lots of Eley. Eley for me is easy to come by being the location I live and the rest center is only a few hours away. I would like to find some Lapua though that shoots well to test in colder weather. The lube on the Eley I feel leaves some to be desired once it’s really old out. I started getting a very fast first round.

Reactions: CBeck
I will be testing R50 soon. I hear that it’s some of the most consistent out there.

Last edited:
Padom are you saying you didn’t lot test yourself? Or did you find that most CX just shot well at those longer distances? I have shot a few lots of Lapua rimfire ammo. Some Cx and some Midas. The lot of Midas I played with was some of the best 50y stuff I have shot. It was fair at 100 but lacked any consistency any further when compared to many many different lots of Eley. Eley for me is easy to come by being the location I live and the rest center is only a few hours away. I would like to find some Lapua though that shoots well to test in colder weather. The lube on the Eley I feel leaves some to be desired once it’s really old out. I started getting a very fast first round.

Of course I did. I've tested 100s and 100s of lots over the years. Hence my comment that it's consistently been much more consistent than SK offerings... see my RimX review thread...that should tell you how consistent the various lots were....

Of course I did. I've tested 100s and 100s of lots over the years. Hence my comment that it's consistently been much more consistent than SK offerings... see my RimX review thread...that should tell you how consistent the various lots were....
I see what you are saying now. Thank You sir!

Just for the record, I did have someone reach out a bit ago with some for sale that I bought. Seems like some people still have a fair amount floating around. Thanks for the help everyone!

From what I hear . lapua will be dry for a long while in the USA I was able to grab a case of Center X the next day and have not seen any lapua 22 ammo other than biathlon in stock anywhere. I honestly hope it's not true but seems to be.
So what’s the backside of the story here, is it part of their cutbacks.

Reactions: BigDaddy0381
I get the very fast first round with Eley once the weather is anything other than summer if my rifle sits about an hour. Other than that it out performs any lapua I’ve tried in the last couple years especially at distance so I just tolerate it and hold .2 low on the first shot 🤣

From the way I took it, the Ukraine skirmish/war was the reason. Not sure why or how.
Think someone is conflating the temporary discontinuation of some rifle brass offerings from Lapua with that rumor. Rimfire was not mentioned in the distributor letter from capstone group.

Think someone is conflating the temporary discontinuation of some rifle brass offerings from Lapua with that rumor. Rimfire was not mentioned in the distributor letter from capstone group.
OK, Good luck in all endeavors.

Right from the USA test center page, demand is out stripping supply:

Due to overwhelming demand, our testing facilities are currently limiting ammunition purchases to one case (5,000 rounds) per customer per four months. Our Ohio facility is currently booked 4 months in advance and our Arizona facility has several weeks backlogged on shipped in rifles. We appreciate your understanding.

Reactions: Explorer
The test centers do not directly sell ammo. They refer you to an authorized reseller who has the lots tested in stock.
You are partly correct. the center will provide a list of dealers who can complete the purchase from the lots you tested. all test center lots come from Capstone's warehouse (Lapua) no dealer has any actual inventory of the center test lots.
also, the available lots are divided between the Ohio and AZ centers. this way if you go to either center you will be able to get what you test at that facility and not be worried that the other center will sell the lot you just tested to someone else.

Lee

A friend sent this to me. Maybe it helps some to find the perfect ammo for their 22.

https://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/
I ran across this ammo test a couple of years ago. Absolutely useless information unless you might possibility own a Bleiker!
A friend sent this to me. Maybe it helps some to find the perfect ammo for their 22.

Man you ain’t kidding about it being out of stock everywhere

Planned on buying some for my incoming voodoo. Looks like Il have to find something else
I own a Vudoo and have found that SK Standard Plus and Center-X shoot about the same out of mine. You might look for it but it can be hard to find also. I'm pretty sure they are made by the same company just graded differently.