• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone shooting a CZ 550?

7mm-08 Freak

Medic
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
San Angelo TX
I am fixing to plop down some cash on a .308. Pretty much want to stay with that cartridge. I have been looking at the CZ 550 Varmit. Anybody shooting one of these? I need to stay around $1k price range. The gun will be used for hunting and target work. Kind of a combo rig if there is such a thing. I want to do some 500 yard shooting and hunting for deer. http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-550-varmint/

Re: Anyone shooting a CZ 550?

I have a CZ550 American in .243. It is a decent rig that is all steel but the hindrance of the action is that it uses short action mags in a long action receiver. I'd love to rebarrel mine to a 6.5x55 but it's not happening with the mag. The single set trigger is nice but I don't like how it feels set....Therefore, I never use it. The gun is a little rough in the barrel channel and wasn't quite a free-floated as advertised. Other than that, a decent rig...I gave $490 for mine years ago but have heard they have gone up since then.

Why not buy a 700 PSS/VSF used or any other name brand in the cal you need? Lots of action choice's out there for what your looking for. Even the HOWA. Not knocking the 550. Looking for one in 9.3x62 myself.

I have a 550 in a 17 rem. It's a nice shooting little rifle! Very accurate! I also gave around 490.00 for mine too.

I have this rifle in a 22-250 with the laminate stock. Once I got some loads worked that it likes, it is definitely is a sub-moa rifle at 300yds!