• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone tested Wolf primers???

Powerlock25

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2008
Abilene/Brownwood, Texas
I am looking for some head to head crony data comparing BR2, Fed 215, Wolf std, wolf mag, Fed 210m's

I know D Tubb likes em, I have yet to pick any up

I currently shoot Fed 210m's but ES/Sd's are too high

I am considering switching primers then bullets in that order...

Re: Anyone tested Wolf primers???

I have used the Wolf primers exclusively for the last year plus. I tested the WOlf LR and LRM against the Fed 210Ms (my previous favorite LR primer) and found the Wolfs were better on the ES/SD and just as accurate. I use the LRM version simply cause of the harder cup and in my Palma loads, they are pretty stout.

I dont think you will regret going with Wolf. Only thing I have noticed is that they do seem more sensitive to seating depth, but if you got good brass, it should not be an issue. But if you ream the crap out of it cleaning up your pockets, it could be.

John

I haven't run any of the Large Rifle Primers but I have loaded and shot almost 15k of the small pistol and small rifle primers. They feed in the Dillon RF100 just fine, run in both my Dillon 650 and 1050 fine and have proven to be a great primer IMO.

These loads were for a 9mm Major Open Pistol and .223. The Chrony data I got from them was the same as the data that I had gotten using Winchester primers.

Running the SRM in 6 Dasher and another 6 mm, sd's are very good, they are hard and a light hit may not go. They are also slightly larger diameter and can cause feeding problems in progressive presses. I worked over my 550 and it does alright now. Have started using the sr in .223 and they perform like Rem. or Win. I've got 5000 lr but haven't tried them yet.

Use Wolf Large Magnum Primers better es/sd tan Fed 210 or Br2. Some of the USA F Class team that that shot in England used Wolf primer, they tested the fool out of them simular results ES/Sd better than the usual supects. I am getting single digits RL15 Lapua 155 in .308

Seen several different loads being tested a few weeks back, 300 yds/10 shot grps.......if I recall correctly, the wolf primed loads were as good or better than the fed match primed loads, followed by all the others(which werent nearly as tight, but still around half moa groups at worst.....rather than tight/sub half lookin).

I have shot nothing but the Wolf large rifle for the last six months and have had great results. Never had one not ignite. If you have access to them shoot em. They feed flawlessly in my Dillon 550 as well. Shot over 5k in small pistol.

I have tried and used all kinds of them. I was skeptical with them for precision rifle but they've turned out to be just as good as anything else.

My suggestion is, however, if you're fighting SD/ES issues, you probably need more powder, not a different primer. Combustion is better and more complete at higher pressures, typically.

Compared the SRs against BRs and Fed match using N135, N140 and TAC. Better numbers with N140 and practically identically identical with N135 and TAC. No noticeable different out to 600. Even the POI was the same.

Can't say I've done the chronny testing others have here, but the Wolf LRPs group the same in my 308 as the Fed Match, and only a hair larger in my 260Rem. Good stuff.