• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone use Quickload????

kylongshot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2006
owensboro,kentucky
i have it and i loaded 47gr of RL25 with a 115 DTAC and my gun has 26" 7.5twist brux barrel. Quickload said i should get 3005 fps and my chrono only said 2770.... is there something wrong or could my chrono be off that much??? forgot to put my gun is 243 win

Re: anyone use Quickload????

Depend on which quick load that you get from like Bullet Company , Powder Company.

I had load .308 win by using Quick Load from Berger and the outcome was accurate as they said.

Lapua Brass
Full Sizing with .336 Ti Bushing
.30 Berger 175 Gr. LRBT
CCI BR-2
43.0 Grains of Varget
COAL = 2.810"

Avg MV = 2,648 FPS.
SD = 6.9

You don't use QL to test your chrono, you use the chrono to correct your QL output.

Did you use your grains of H20 and input all your pertinent case info ?

Temperature at the time you tested it can change your velocities also. QL is set at 70 degrees by default but its easily changed.

That and double check your actual bullet dimensions, I know for my 6.5 130 VLD's the number QL was using was different than what I had.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kylongshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have it and i loaded 47gr of RL25 with a 115 DTAC and my gun has 26" 7.5twist brux barrel. Quickload said i should get 3005 fps and my chrono only said 2770.... is there something wrong or could my chrono be off that much??? forgot to put my gun is 243 win</div></div>

Make/model of chrono? My Competition Electronics Pro Chrono Digital reads slow so it could just be the measurement not the load.

Well, in .223/5.56mm I've just found that one old 16.5-inch carbine pretty much duplicates LC M193 ball with 27.1 of one powder, but those same cartridges blow out of a newer carbine at a screaming fast and overpressure 3235 fps.

We're not supposed to get 20-inch speeds from a 16.5-inch barrel.

QuickLoad predicts only 50 fps difference from the 1.0-gr difference in fired case capacities (SAME cases) between the two.

Perhaps QL needs to include twist rate? The slow barrel is 1:12, the fast one is 1:7. I adjusted the Ba value to match the newer one's speeds and 25.2 gr is supposed to back it down to 3050 fps and safe pressure. We shall see. Wish I knew more about the rest of the burn rate variables to tweak to get QL to match my powder in my rifle(s).

So I'm seeing almost 200 fps difference in these. Just like how one 6-inch .357 revolver was 100 fps faster than another (from the same maker, no less).

Sometimes it's not "wrong", it's just DIFFERENT.