• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use/shoot a JP rifle (AR-15)??

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Just put together a new AR today for coyote hunting. I am using a JP Vtac upper and am interested in hearing input from anyone else who shoots any of the JP line.

Here is my build details:

Smith & Wesson M&P15 lower
JP Vtac upper with comp and JP one piece scope base/rings
Timney 3 lb. trigger
ACE stock
Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16X scope

Take care,Stan

Re: Anyone use/shoot a JP rifle (AR-15)??

I've been around a few JP rifles/uppers, you won't be disappointed!

What bullet are you going to run?

i have a similar upper, with a PRS stock. Shoots 60grn amax great. and 69smk about .80 moa to 600

Not sure what I will shoot through it...like any rifle I own I gather up 4-5 boxes of different weight,mfg.,etc. and figure out what shoots the best through it. And then stick with that ammo. I do not hand load.

Since I will be using it for coyote/varmint hunting, I am hoping that it likes either the Black hills 50gr. Vmax, or Federal 40gr Nosler.

I will post a range report when I get time to take it out.

It is nice and light which is a big plus to me....easy to pack around. And I am interested in using the adjustable gas block once I find what it likes to shoot.

Take care,Stan

i have also heard great things about jp rifles, they are mainly ran in 3 gun.

i have the same upper on order, should be here next month

what was your wait?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have also heard great things about jp rifles, they are mainly ran in 3 gun.

i have the same upper on order, should be here next month

what was your wait? </div></div>

I ordered mine on the 12th of this mounth and received it on the 18th (this last Weds.)...so 6 days.

In all fairness I did not "order" it...just asked what they had on the shelf ready to go. I was really wanting a mid weight 18" JP-15 upper....but again...wanted something right away so I took what they had.

Take care,Stan

I have a JP upper in 7.62. The machining is great, you can tell by looking at it that somebody takes a lot of pride in their work. And it shoots great too.
myerfire