• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Anyone use the NightHawk T3 comp?

frankythefly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2010
Colorado
I have been saving my pennies for a T3 then I came across the T3 comp. I like the concept but what are the pros and cons with having a comp on a CCW. The only con I can think of is night blindness caused by a larger flash caused by the comp. If anyone has one let me know how you like it.
T3-comp6.jpg

Re: Anyone use the NightHawk T3 comp?

When fired from the retention position, it's going to blow all the hot gases up into your face, and perhaps up the front of your body. Not to mention you won't be able to see the sights after the first shot, if you make it to full arm extension. I wouldn't do it.

Personally I would not ever consider a comped pistol for my CCW. As mentioned there are some very serious compromises when firing comped guns from anything but an arms extended position. Given the nature of armed confrontations for civilians you are very likely to not be shooting from an established stance and grip.

bad guy will only grab your gun once if you fire it while he has ahold of it. velocity loss is minimal. you won't see your sights after the first shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phideaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bad guy will only grab your gun once if you fire it while he has ahold of it. velocity loss is minimal. you won't see your sights after the first shot.
</div></div>
Or anything else if the gases blow s*&^ into your eyes.

Love NHC, I carry a Pred II. for CCW, I agree with most of the other post, lose of Front sight post, Night blindness, all bad if your in a dark alley with more then one Perp. Go the the regular T3 or look at a GRP Recon in 4" or a Pred II with a Recon frame. I run a SF200 light, nice combo and works great. If you have anymore NHC questions feel free to PM me. I have serval of them, outstanding weapons.