• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone use Vroom to sell a car/truck?

Fret

USAF Retired
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2017
N Idaho
Was it as easy as they make it sound? The part that would give me anxiety is where they pick up the vehicle and send you a check later. Seems like they should give you the check when they pick it up. Probably lose sleep waiting for a big check.

I wouldn't use vroom or carvana but I would take the higher offer between the two to a CarMax location and see if they would match it. CarMax will buy it right there and you will go home with the check in hand

Sell it yourself. Just run some ads on Craigslist or local. Cars are selling like hotcakes at above asking prices.

Reactions: BCP
Was it as easy as they make it sound? The part that would give me anxiety is where they pick up the vehicle and send you a check later. Seems like they should give you the check when they pick it up. Probably lose sleep waiting for a big check.
Bwahahahahaha

My brother is considering selling his legacy to Vroom. They offered $19,800 and he bought it new for $21,500. It’s 2 years old and has 50k on it.

They seem sketchy though. There’s no way I’d send my car away with the title and wait 3 days to get paid for it.

Isn't the bill of sale a legal document....IE contract of sale. Therefore even if SOMEHOW you didn't get the check it's theft, hence LEO gets involved.

Isn't the bill of sale a legal document....IE contract of sale. Therefore even if SOMEHOW you didn't get the check it's theft, hence LEO gets involved.
But youre still out your money.

Thanks for the replies. Seems like it's best to avoid unless you can deal directly with them In Texas.

I sold my Mustang to them last year. They gave me a good price. Easy enough process.

Reactions: BCP
Sold my ZL1 couple of months to them. No issues whatsoever with the transaction.

How long did it actually take to get the check after they picked up the vehicle?

A day or two after they picked up the car. They sent it overnight.

I had the check the next day after they picked up my car. If I had another spare car, to get rid of, I would do business with them again. They made it super easy. In this market they gave me over market value. Tried carmax, and several other dealers, Vroom had them all beat by several thousand.

I have numerous buddies that have used carvana and carmax and never had a single issue... I recently through my 2019 2t 6spd Accord on carvana and was offered $2600 more than I paid for it... Used market is insane

Take it to a local dealer. In the last 2 weeks I sold back a 2020 Sienna for 2k more than I paid for it and traded in a 2020 Jeep for 2k more than I paid for it. The new Tundra had a 5k mark-up due to all the craziness so its kinda a wash but look local for ease.

I'm buying from them and did a lot of research before I did. Most of the BBB complaints were lack of follow through on sales/purchase paperwork. Checks came and went well, but the rest of the paperwork seems to be an afterthought. My title paperwork is not here after 6 weeks and I'm pissed but everyone I call is in some call center and english is a second or third language. The guy today had a speech impediment on top of all of it. No sense getting mad at them since they are working off a script but I'd try CarUSA or some of the others first. As far as I know, no one got ripped off but several did get pissed off.

Last edited:
They're offering about $7K more than I paid for my Tacoma so that's why it got my interest. Just the idea of waiting for the check...............

Never sold to them, but I've bought two vehicles from Vroom. First was a 2012 Odyssey years ago and then a 2019 Odyssey last year. Zero complaints whatsoever.

The 2019 had a leaky tire. I reached out and they sent me $300. Then I plugged the tire and bought a bunch of steel cased 9mm.