• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone used Eberlestock sleeping bags?

NMMX

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
ABQ, NM
I've been looking at bags for a while now to do some backpacking. The eberlestock ultralight bag seems to be a good deal compared to what else is out there.

Looking for any feedback from those who might have one. I'm sure it's quality, like the rest of their gear but always good to hear some first hand accounts.

Eberlestock Sleeping Bags

I'll be using it down to 32 or a little less. Especially like the compressed size and the weight for its rating.

Go to Wiggys.com for your sleeping bag its the best!!

I've got the ultralight but haven't slept in it yet. It's nice but don't think it'll be good down much below 40 deg.

Thanks for the replys. I checked out Wiggys, they have a ultralight that looks decent same cost and temp rating though.

Distantfoe- I don't mind wearing some decent thermals to sleep. Mostly as a backup in case a storm rolls in and drops the temp to freezing as it can tend to do at elevation. Do you think with some decent thermals in addition to the bag would still be comfortable to that temp or really pushing it?

Really tough to beat a Mountain Hardware bag, best I have used and I went through a ton to make this decision.

Thanks for the replys. I checked out Wiggys, they have a ultralight that looks decent same cost and temp rating though.

Distantfoe- I don't mind wearing some decent thermals to sleep. Mostly as a backup in case a storm rolls in and drops the temp to freezing as it can tend to do at elevation. Do you think with some decent thermals in addition to the bag would still be comfortable to that temp or really pushing it?

I personally, would think it would still be pushing it. Definatey would want to use a good R rated pad either way.

I have a down 32 degree Mountain Hardware mummy bag that I really like. If you get to hot just unzip it. If you get cold wear your thermals. As previously mentioned you should have a good ground barrier to help keep the cold off you and for general comfort.

Check out Integral Designs. In my opinion, very hard to find something that preforms better for any price. Primaloft Sport insulation with a microfiber shell. I have slept in Strain into the teens. Andromeda Overbag | FELLFAB Military

Always sleep with extra clothes, you carry them all day long with your sleeping bag so why would you not use them. I used my ID Renaissance well below zero, its my main carry and use sleeping bag.

A closed cell foam pad will not find a hole when you need it the most. I like the Ridge Rest as a go everywhere pad but do slide in the Ultralight 3/4 length therm a rest for comfort and -20 or colder I want to be comfy.

Check out Integral Designs. In my opinion, very hard to find something that preforms better for any price. Primaloft Sport insulation with a microfiber shell. I have slept in Strain into the teens. Andromeda Overbag | FELLFAB Military

Always sleep with extra clothes, you carry them all day long with your sleeping bag so why would you not use them. I used my ID Renaissance well below zero, its my main carry and use sleeping bag.

A closed cell foam pad will not find a hole when you need it the most. I like the Ridge Rest as a go everywhere pad but do slide in the Ultralight 3/4 length therm a rest for comfort and -20 or colder I want to be comfy.
This guy knows his stuff when it comes to outdoors gear. Solid advice!

Thanks for the input all.

45.308 was hoping to hear from you, I always respect your advice. Looks like I'll be going with something a bit heavier duty, just in case. I've frozen my ass off enough in my teens to know I'd rather not do it now.

This guy knows his stuff when it comes to outdoors gear. Solid advice!

Ceylonc: I also need to order a rain cover for my GS2 tomorrow. Should I get the G2RC or the Eberlestock Large Reversible Rain Cover?

Speaking as a backpacker I can tell you that the BEST sleeping bags are now being made with a good down DWR (Durable Water Repellant) treatment.

Dri Down is one, Patagonia's Encapsul is another. This DWR treated down absorbs far less moisture than untreated down and dries even FASTER than many synthetic fills.

Check out LL Bean amd Marmot for this new down treatment in bags.

Speaking as a backpacker I can tell you that the BEST sleeping bags are now being made with a good down DWR (Durable Water Repellant) treatment.

Dri Down is one, Patagonia's Encapsul is another. This DWR treated down absorbs far less moisture than untreated down and dries even FASTER than many synthetic fills.

Check out LL Bean amd Marmot for this new down treatment in bags.

I am not sold on it but it may be superior. I believe Primaloft is the #1 synthetic insulation, its chlo rate is actually higher than down. What I require from insulation is, how does it pull and push body vapor and still dry quickly. Patagonia's capillary action on down may be good but its still down.