• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone using a Lee Powder Measure on a Dillon RL550?

targaflorio

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2010
Alexandria, Virginia
On a Dillon RL550, I have a toolhead set up for 45 ACP and want a second dedicated to 9mm. I was thinking about Lee Pass Through Expander die, Uniquetek Adapter and Lee Perfect Powder measure rather than buying a second Dillon Powder Measure.
Anyone using that set up?
Thanks and Happy New Year!

The Perfect Adapter™

The Perfect Adapter™
Connects Lee Perfect Powder Measure™ or
RCBS Uniflow™ to your favorite press.*
• A low cost alternative to more expensive
powder measures
• Machined from 6061 Aluminum Alloy
– For LEE Perfect Powder Measure (T1370-P) = $13.95
– For RCBS Uniflow™ (T1370-RCBS) ………. = $15.95
* Requires Lee Powder Through Expanding Die (for pistol) or
Lee Rifle Charging Die available from LEE Precision.

I use Lee Pro Auto disk with the regular Lee Powder Through Expanding Die (for pistol) on my Dillon 550 for 45 and 40SW. Easier to empty, install, adjust.

HERESY! Tainting god-like Dillon gear with Leesux stuff? Just to save money? The BlueCrew will rain torrents of horror down upon you for not only talking theory, but showing it can be done in practice!

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

I've found that Hornady and Lee PMs are also interchangeable on the AP and Turret presses as well. The only "issues" I've found are solved by adjusting the sequence used to insert dies in order to deal with clearances above the toolhead. And that's no more of an issue than putting a Hornady PM in station 2 on a Hornady LnL AP lol.

I use Lee Pro Auto disk with the regular Lee Powder Through Expanding Die (for pistol) on my Dillon 550 for 45 and 40SW. Easier to empty, install, adjust.

Thanks, does it drop powder with the pull of the RL 550 handle the same way as the Dillon powder measure?
No adapter hardware required?

Thanks, does it drop powder with the pull of the RL 550 handle the same way as the Dillon powder measure?
No adapter hardware required?

Yes it does. No adapter required. Easier to empty, reinstall and adjust. Accurate with the powders I'm using. I have a RCBS powder baffle in mine. The only downside is the non adjustable powder charge.

Same here. I prefer the Lee to the Dillon powder measure. Don't have to mess with that silly connecting rod, and since the cavity size is fixed, I know it will never be out of adjustment. I write down the charges for the powder I'm using. Example: .46 CC cavity is about 4.6 grains of W231. This makes it very easy to change to another powder charge. I use the Pro Auto Disk with a Lee universal rifle die and the double stack kit for 24.7 grains of TAC for my .223 loads as well.

I use the Dillon PM that came with my 550b. 19 years and it still works fine. I bought the newer version some 4 years back, to use for Lg/Sm powder bars, but never did set it up that way. I guess, it's a spare?

Chris