• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Anyone using a Vandyke custom rifle?

Navysh00ter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2010
New to the forum, stepping up to my first custom rifle. Straight shot gunsmithing and vandyke look promising. I woul like any opinions. Thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone using a Vandyke custom rifle?

I suggest you use the search function. I believe you will find info regarding both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I suggest you use the search function. I believe you will find info regarding both. </div></div>

Agreed, please search this forum and read about Vandyke customs BEFORE you send any money.

i havent personaly dealt with nate at ssg , but i have one of his sticks and really like it .

I have a 338 built by them and know several guys who have 338's (and other calibers). Without exception, the ones I have been around are great shooters. I have yet to see one that isn't better than .5 moa and probably more like .25. In terms of the work they do with new rifles, it is top notch... IF you can put up with the communication problems and slow build times.

I think the problems you will see on the search function have to do mostly with the unresponsiveness and slowness. I remember reading someone who sent in a commercial rifle with bad results but the actual work is generally not the issue.

I am very happy with my rifle and the guys I know are happy with theirs. Would I have them build another rifle for me? Maybe, if I bought the parts, took them there when they were ready to build and then stayed in the shop for the couple days it takes to put it together. They build fine rifles but the rest of the experience can be maddening.