• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone using TBAC Takedown on .223 Bolt gun?

RioKid

Trophy Husband
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2017
Wisconsin
Hey everybody,
I was wondering if anyone was using the TBAC 556 Takedown on their bolt action rifle. I know there are more tailored options for a rifle like that but this is why I am asking: There are not many suppressor dealers in my AO. There are a few, but only one that carries TBAC and has a few on hand.
I have a few cans already, so i'm not "new" to their use. My figuring is, I have a couple AR rifles and it will work well with those, but I also have two .223 bolt action rifles that I could use it on vs using my 30 cal. cans on. I realize the Takedown will be a bit heavy, and hope to get an Ultra for the .223 s at some point but the dealer has the TD on hand and it gets the paperwork going alot faster than ordering an Ultra and waiting the extra time.
Any thoughts or experiences?
Thanks,
RioKid

My opinion: You are going to be waiting a long time for it either way. Ask yourself which one you want to be running in 12-13 months and get that one. I have an 30 cal ultra 7 and i like that it does seem to add a bunch of weight on thw end of my bolt gun. I have a .556 TD in jail to use on my AR shorty. The ultra will be quieter but won't be full auto rated. Decide what you plan to spend more of your trigger time doing and pick the can best suited to that. Get the other one second.

Reactions: RioKid
Look at the TBAC .30 Dominus CB or SR. I saw them at SHOT and asked my dealer to order one of each.

I considered the .223 TD - it has cool features, but is heavy. Once you own a heavy suppressor you’ll want a lighter one, that is why I am suggesting the Dominus.

If you don’t own a .22 rimfire can, order a TBAC .22 TD at the same time if you can swing it.

I have been back and forth with the takedown and ultra as well. Mine will mostly be used on a bolt action but TB only advertises 1-2X28 on both of these. Do they offer a 5/8-24 option?