• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone with experience on the Socom762-RC yet?

TRD1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2012
Kitsap, WA
I've had one in various stages of the process since January and have been looking for first hand reviews. Done a google and SH search but coming up empty. If you have fired it or hands on experience let me know what you think since the anticipation is killing me.

Yes - I've got both the 762K and the 762RC. The RC is definitely better than the K in suppression but not dramatically better. Flash suppression is better and the mounting system is definitely better. POI shift is no different than the 762K (both are good).

Does anybody know if the 762RC will fit on the 556 break like the 762K?

Yes, the 762RC will fit the 556RC brake. The 556RC will NOT fit the 762RC brake. Confirmed that w/ SF myself.

I have no idea if it will fit the older style mounts.

No new SOCOM models fit the Legacy mounts. SOCOM'S only fit SOCOM'S

The SOCOM suppressor will fit on the 762K mount, but the 762K suppressor will not fit on the SOCOM mount.

It may fit but are sure it locks up correctly? I was told directly by 2 different Surefire reps that the Socom suppressor only fit Socom brakes. The Socom's appear to have a different compression style seal compared to the older legacy models.

You have to index it manually as the lock up is differently, but Garin (from Surefire) told me and others that it does work. I've got both suppressors (legacy and SOCOM) and it works fine.
The little "tit" on the K models prevents it from going on the SOCOM brake.

You have to index it manually as the lock up is differently, but Garin (from Surefire) told me and others that it does work. I've got both suppressors (legacy and SOCOM) and it works fine.

Having both suppressors which one do you prefer? Or is there that much of a difference?

There's not a ton of difference but there are better qualities with the 762RC. I think the tone is better with the RC- why I don't know but that's what my Mk2 eardrum picks up. The mounting method is definitely better as it's less susceptible to carbon issues compared with the 762K. Flash suppression is better for sure even without slow motion.

Rangerwalker71 and I went shooting with mine (762K, 762K mini and 762RC - didn't have my 762RC mini at the time) and his 762RC and did a lot of side by side shooting. Both of us were able to tell the difference in "blind" test. Nothing dramatic but noticeable. If you don't have one yet, get the RC for sure, but I still like my K cans too.

Very good to know! Thanks for the info.

Really happy with my 762RC.

On both a 26" .260 and 24" 300wm I'm seeing a 1.5moa vertical shift down. No horizontal shift that I have seen.

Not run anything over a chrono yet.

Have shot a few rounds through a .308 on the old K mount brake. Locked up tight, no rotation even without a tab.

Last edited:
There's not a ton of difference but there are better qualities with the 762RC. I think the tone is better with the RC- why I don't know but that's what my Mk2 eardrum picks up. The mounting method is definitely better as it's less susceptible to carbon issues compared with the 762K. Flash suppression is better for sure even without slow motion.

Rangerwalker71 and I went shooting with mine (762K, 762K mini and 762RC - didn't have my 762RC mini at the time) and his 762RC and did a lot of side by side shooting. Both of us were able to tell the difference in "blind" test. Nothing dramatic but noticeable. If you don't have one yet, get the RC for sure, but I still like my K cans too.

Thanks for the info. I am working on getting the socom right now.

Thanks for the information so far. Has anyone been able to take a video of the suppressor in action or taken pictures of POI shift w/ and w/out the suppressor attached?

Not sure how to embed a video, but this is my SOCOM762-RC that is at my dealer. Shooting Remington 300BLK 220 gr. subs out of a 9" AAC upper. Not the best video, and it's an indoor range, but it's all I got!

P.S. No impact shift, but it was only 25 yards, so probably not the best indicator.

Last edited:
I shot a buddy's 762-RC before I took the plunge and his POI shift was 1.8 or so down but, he hand-loads so, that's understandable.

I was impressed enough to buy one the next day...

The year wait on the other hand is getting to me because I keep reminding myself I bought it...*Sigh*

That is reassuring to hear since I took a blind leap of faith when I ordered mine. I've actually never fired any of the Surefire suppressors but the majority of the reviews for their legacy lines looks pretty good. I wish that SF would open up their suppressors for public testing/comparison though.

Very nice! Any opinions on it so far?

I really don't have much to compare it to.. The only other centerfire cans I've shot are a YHM .30 cal Phantom, and an AAC M42000. Both were shot outdoors and I didn't do any comparison regarding impact shift with those since they weren't on my rifles. Tough to compare how they sound when they weren't shot side by side too.
I will say that the SOCOM locks up very solid and balances well on the rifle. (I know that's not much help) I sent my form 4 off less than a month ago, so it's gonna be a long time before I can do any side by side shooting outdoors with different rifles.

Found another pic and video (with 115 gr supersonics this time) on my phone

Going to revive this.

My 762RC just showed up at the dealer today...16 weeks from Class 3 to class 3...Yipee.

Before I drop the $$$$ for the stamp -- Anyone else have any reviews of these?

I enjoyed the RC I shot but, haven't had experience since and mum seems to be the word on the net...

Anyone have any issues etc?

I have been running one on my bolt guns since they came out. Only issue I've had was (I assume) an out of spec brake that made it very difficult to install and remove the suppressor. Once I changed brakes, didn't have the problem again.

we shot a socom on a 20in bolt gun next to an 7.62 SS on a 16 in gas gun.. and the SS was quieter buy a long shot! I guess all that extra internal volume helps out . because it was extremely noticeable. And the socom was on a set up that should have been quieter..

Well, I've taken my Socom762 out a couple times now and it is loud as heck. Built like a tank but much louder than expected.

I'm digging mine. Ran a class entirely suppressed, 20" 308, and I was able to stay on target way better than the guy I was spotting for. Made a big difference at night as well.

For other 762 SOCOM users, What kind of suppressor shifts have you experienced? I've ran my can on two separate guns one with a legacy brake and a SOCOM series brake and have experienced a repeatable shift of around 1.5-1.8 inches at 100 yards with both guns. I had the can sent back to Surefire recently, they shot it and sent a test came back as no POI shift on their test gun. I've ran a Geissele alignment rod to check the can for any alignment issues and have found nothing wrong with the mounting or alignment. Anyone else experiencing something similar or out of advertised specification of no more than 1 MOA shift?

I see a .3mil downward shift and .2mil left on my 27" M24 contour 7-08. I have a full 1mil downward shift on my 20" OBR. Both are repeatable and on RC muzzle brakes. Having used the same 762RC on my 16" 5.56 WOA barrel, there is zero shift. I hope to test is on a 16" 762 gun to see if the shift is any less than the 20" OBR.

For other 762 SOCOM users, What kind of suppressor shifts have you experienced? I've ran my can on two separate guns one with a legacy brake and a SOCOM series brake and have experienced a repeatable shift of around 1.5-1.8 inches at 100 yards with both guns. I had the can sent back to Surefire recently, they shot it and sent a test came back as no POI shift on their test gun. I've ran a Geissele alignment rod to check the can for any alignment issues and have found nothing wrong with the mounting or alignment. Anyone else experiencing something similar or out of advertised specification of no more than 1 MOA shift?

On my 18 inch OBR I have about 1/4 MOA shift to the 6 with the 7.62 mini and with the 762RC on the same rifle I have about a 3/8 MOA shift to the 6.