• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone with HS Precision Customer Service exp.

tomcatfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
Southern MD.
Ok, so after a long wait I finally got my H-S Precision Pro-Series M24 stock in for my Savage build. I went to install the bottom metal and trigger guard and the bottom metal dropped right in like a glove. However once I went to install the trigger guard, no so much. The stock trigger guard channel was way undersized. But the worst part was that in trying to install the trigger guard, I tried to put the trigger guard in where it would fit and slide it into place. The stock crumbled and chipped like crazy (pic below). Needless to say I was really really pissed off. Its not like I took a dremel, hammer, or any thing else to it. The stock just fell apart. I've tried to contact HS precision and Stockeys Stocks to see what I can do for an exchange. But with it being the holidays, I understand that manning will be on the low end for the next couple of days. I wasn't able to get in touch with either company. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with HS Precision or Stockeys customer service departments. I really want to get this resolved and I really don't want to wait another 3 months.

262qo75.jpg

Re: Anyone with HS Precision Customer Service exp.

I've talked with them (HS) several times, I always ask for Kent, nice guy and in my opinion has gone above and beyond. Good luck

Fwiw:

The BATF has been in town. Rumor has it H/S had an audit mid week. They were at dakota arms Thursday. That could have something to do with it.

C.

I live a few miles away from HS and have been there many times. They always went above and beyond with helping me.

We just sent an LTR stock back for butt pad replacement. HS provided excllent customer service.

I know I have talked to Don Sartorius a number of times and he has always been helpful. Last time talked to him for about an hour about hunting trips coming up.

thanks for the heads up. I will call them next week and see what I can do. I will post an update.

I have experience with my stock. The swivel stud where my harris attached striped out and crumpled the stock around it. I contacted them and they repaired it and even repainted it in any color I wanted out of their catalog. Very fast turn around and they even called me with updates along the way.

Good Luck!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so after a long wait I finally got my H-S Precision Pro-Series M24 stock in for my Savage build. I went to install the bottom metal and trigger guard and the bottom metal dropped right in like a glove. However once I went to install the trigger guard, no so much. The stock trigger guard channel was way undersized. But the worst part was that in trying to install the trigger guard, I tried to put the trigger guard in where it would fit and slide it into place. The stock crumbled and chipped like crazy (pic below). Needless to say I was really really pissed off. Its not like I took a dremel, hammer, or any thing else to it. The stock just fell apart. I've tried to contact HS precision and Stockeys Stocks to see what I can do for an exchange. But with it being the holidays, I understand that manning will be on the low end for the next couple of days. I wasn't able to get in touch with either company. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with HS Precision or Stockeys customer service departments. I really want to get this resolved and I really don't want to wait another 3 months.

262qo75.jpg
</div></div>

I don't have experience with fiberglass stocks, but alot of it with boats/boat projects. An edge like that is easy to get a void under the glass that's not apparent...

Now, if the inletting is off, that's a different issue than the cracking of the gelcoat.

I'm sure they'll make it right for you as the others have indicated.

Update.. I called and talked to Don at HS Precesion. He just told me to send it in with my trigger guard so they can repair the stock as well as open it up. So far so good. I will post an update with turn around time and over all experience. By the way, stockeys did email me back and said since I did the damage, they couldn't help me. Personally I wont be shopping with them any more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> By the way, stockeys did email me back and said since I did the damage, they couldn't help me. Personally I wont be shopping with them any more. </div></div>

That's a good one.
Anytime, anything breaks, obviously the owner did it, it didn't just happen while sitting in the corner.
The point is, it's not <span style="font-style: italic">supposed</span>to break. If it were abused then I'd see their point.

You're better off dealing with H-S. Stocky's would only have served as an intermediary anyway...communicating directly with the manuf. is far better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> By the way, stockeys did email me back and said since I did the damage, they couldn't help me. Personally I wont be shopping with them any more. </div></div>

That's a good one.
Anytime, anything breaks, obviously the owner did it, it didn't just happen while sitting in the corner.
The point is, it's not <span style="font-style: italic">supposed</span>to break. If it were abused then I'd see their point.

You're better off dealing with H-S. Stocky's would only have served as an intermediary anyway...communicating directly with the manuf. is far better. </div></div>

This is so true in this case. They claimed that because Savage makes so many different styles of stocks/bottom metals, that the stock was correct. In talking to Don at HS, he said that the error probably came from build up of paints and other stuff in the trigger guard channel.

So I got a voice mail from Don yesterday saying that all of the QC tools checked out on the stock. He mentioned that perhaps savage was running a little fat on thier tolerances, but they sanded the channel regardless and got the trigger guard to fit. They are going to sand and repaint the whole stock and let me know when it ships out. So far, I must say I am very impressed with their customer service.

Did they say anything about why the stock crumbled like that? Or offer any assurance that it wouldn't happen again?