• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone with know of steiner binoculars? They good?

BKSinAZ

Private
Minuteman
First pair of binoculars that I will be buying and want a decent pair. I have been looking at the Steiner Predator Pro 10X26 for 150.00
Can someone give me feed back on this brand of optics? They any good? Can I get a better pair for the same amount of cash?

Re: Anyone with know of steiner binoculars? They good?

I think they are the best for the money, but there are better when money is not an concern.

I have had my 10X50's for many years and they are very good glass.
Almost everything looks good in daylight. When the light turns to dusk the better optics really shine in low or no light. If mine were lost or stolen I would definitely buy again.

I;ve been using a SWFA trade in pair of 8x30 Predetors for 6 years and am very happy ( i like the auto focus set up and glass and weight are good )

I have been using Steiners for over 30 years. Still have a pair of 10x50 that are 20+ years old. Replaced the 8x30 with a Predator series in same and couldn't be happier when I'm in the woods.

Yes, there may be better optics, Zeiss & Swaro come to mind but depending on the usage & price you can afford (don't go cheap on ANY brand) give then a go.

great binos I couldnt couldnt look to another brand buts thats my IMHO.

Great binos for the money. I have a set of 8x30's that I have been using for about 8 years. When they get replaced I will upgrade, but overall I can't complain with how they have performed.

Have several pair, all great. Like many have said above they are probably the best for the money but if you can freely spend there are a couple higher end brands that may beat them, i.e. Zeiss, Swarovski......

YMMV

owned a few pair. really nice

yeah mine were older. giant 20x80s
smile.gif

2 sets of 8X30 preadators have failed me. Same Eye adjustment both time,it has plastic gearing. Warranty sold me the second pair at a discounted rate when the first pair failed. I let the baby play with the second (broken) pair now.

I checked out some Steiner Predators, Nikon Monarch and Vortex Vipers. I got the Vipers but the Steiner's had nice glass. I didn't like the eyecups as they were the fold down type vs twist up cups. Have great some outstanding reviews of Zen Ray ED models (upper 300s to low 400s) but haven't tried them personally.