• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anything beat a SWFA 3-15 yet?

Check out the Bushnell nitro line. I ordered a 3x12 after looking at my buddies. It feels as solid as the SWFA. Turrets don’t feel as good, but if it performs. It might be my new favorite budget scope!

Check out the Bushnell nitro line. I ordered a 3x12 after looking at my buddies. It feels as solid as the SWFA. Turrets don’t feel as good, but if it performs. It might be my new favorite budget scope!
Post a review when you get it. Poors need some viable options these days

Reactions: Bender
Bender looked at my Bushnell Nitro today
I'll be mounting on a rifle soon. I'll post my thoughts too after I use it.

The turret clicks aren't bad (better than other scopes I've played with that cost more), they are very close together though. Ill be dialing as well as using the reticle for holdovers. Hopefully it tracks well.

It has a tree reticle,FFP, good glass for $200 in the 2-10? 3-12 is $250?? Watch out SWFA!!
Don’t tell me those kind of things...dangerous waters and I can’t keep hiding my credit card bill from The Boss

• Haha
It punches way above $200-250 pricing. It’s fit and finish feel like a much more expensive optic. Way better than a Gen 1 PST. It feels stout. I went straight home from Jeff’s and ordered one.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
It punches way above $200-250 pricing. It’s fit and finish feel like a much more expensive optic. Way better than a Gen 1 PST. It feels stout. I went straight home from Jeff’s and ordered one.
I’m definitely adding it to my short list for my Creed being thrown together.

I also brought home the Bushnell 1700 LRF. Way brighter than others that cost more. $200? I’ll post about it aftyi get it to the range.

my credit card got used twice in one day on new offerings from Bushnell? I almost feel like @TheGerman. Lmaoooooo!

I also brought home the Bushnell 1700 LRF. Way brighter than others that cost more. $200? I’ll post about it aftyi get it to the range.

my credit card got used twice in one day on new offerings from Bushnell? I almost feel like @TheGerman. Lmaoooooo!
Now you done it and summoned the beast lol

• Haha

Except I wouldn't be caught dead with a Bushnell.

Except I wouldn't be caught dead with a Bushnell.
I just meant using the credit card twice in one day. Lol, I never use this card. I have a $15k limit with $450 dollar balance that I’ll pay off next week. I felt non poor for a second.

Last time the idea of a bomb proof 12x came up a year or two ago, I ran a poll on whether that would be of interest to enough people to justify talking to a scope manufacturer.

Basically, once people figured out how much it would cost, the remaining six people who would buy it were not enough to justify development costs.

ILya

Last time the idea of a bomb proof 12x came up a year or two ago, I ran a poll on whether that would be of interest to enough people to justify talking to a scope manufacturer.

Basically, once people figured out how much it would cost, the remaining six people who would buy it were not enough to justify development costs.

ILya

Have you looked at the Bushy Nitro line? I was wanting your impressions. I think they are made in Korea. They seem extremely robust and clear for $250 street price.

ILya
I remember that thread...seems to me that $600-$800 was the price ceiling for something like that.

Even then, it would be a small market. No one these days appreciates the pure utility and durability of a fixed power the way we used to.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Have you looked at the Bushy Nitro line? I was wanting your impressions. I think they are made in Korea. They seem extremely robust and clear for $250 street price.

Can you confirm it’s made in Korea? I was interested in hearing more about your feedback but I’ve sworn China off.

Can you confirm it’s made in Korea? I was interested in hearing more about your feedback but I’ve sworn China off.
I have found where the 4-16 is made in Korea but I cant find anything on the 3-12. I am almost positive it is. I will let you know when it shows up. I was totaly suprized at the quality for $250. Maybe @JMGlasgow can let us know if it says anything on the box?

Reactions: Rebels010

ILya
What kinda fixed 12 are you talking about? Something with better glass then the SWFA 12x?

How can I facilitate a good 6x build that isn’t a debacle like the one Doug had with the S&b?

basically a better version of the nightforce sr45.. 3 mils of windage holds, 8 mils of elevation. can expose or cap turrets. Need to be zero stopped if exposed.

If glass can control flare as well as swfa HD that’d be plenty.

16oz should be doable

obviously bombproof internals.

Reactions: PBWalsh
How can I facilitate a good 6x build that isn’t a debacle like the one Doug had with the S&b?

basically a better version of the nightforce sr45.. 3 mils of windage holds, 8 mils of elevation. can expose or cap turrets. Need to be zero stopped if exposed.

If glass can control flare as well as swfa HD that’d be plenty.

16oz should be doable

obviously bombproof internals.

You can't.

There is no market for it, so developing one is not financially viable.

ILya

I’d tend to agree with you as a whole.

Crazy to think there are as many swfa 6x on rifles that I know there wouldn’t be a market for more refined version of the same.

then again 6x can be had for 250$ basically all day long. Hard to beat that blend of price to performance.

I’d tend to agree with you as a whole.

Crazy to think there are as many swfa 6x on rifles that I know there wouldn’t be a market for more refined version of the same.

then again 6x can be had for 250$ basically all day long. Hard to beat that blend of price to performance.

6x SWFA already exists and it is $300 or less

IOR used to have a very nice 6x42, but it did not sell (it being IOR may have something to do with it). I do not think it is easy to sell a $600-$900 6x42 scope right now.

Meopta has a higher end 6x42 MeoPro. Your best best would be to get Meopta to add an exposed turret to the 4B version of that scope.

ILya

Yeah I forgot to add the swfa part when I said 6x

I don’t think the utility of a 6x is realized until a guy really gets after it on long hunts...

dropping a half dozen critters along the way and realized the FFP scope was set and stayed at 6x for the entirety of the hunt.

From my experience so far, like what was said above, the cost would be too much. If you look at the SWFA 10x HD, retail is over $800. I have the non HD and couldn't justify spending that much on one. I also have the fixed 16X and HD glad would be nice on it because if you are not precisely lined up behind it you get that milky haze if your slightly off. For the price it would cost just get the 5-20x50 HD and set it wherever you want for the same price if you can find one when they pop up. I like the simplicity of fixed power scopes for pure target use, but if you want to hunt, variable mag is super helpful because if you game comes trotting 100 yards away, 4x or 6x is nice, or if it comes trotting from 600 yards you can adjust the mag to where you want. I plan on hunting with my long range gun at this point and am looking at swapping out to variable mag to suite the dual purpose.

Most scopes have to go below 4.5x mag before field of view/depth of view and eyebox become appreciably better then a Good fixed 6

same with more magnification. Most scopes have to get into the 7 to 7.5x before they are appreciably better in ability to see targets and ID them then a good fixed 6.

I wonder if the Trijicon Accupoints would compete with the SWFA??

In what way?

I’d have to see it to believe it if any scope under 17-18oz will display through many samples the rugged reliability, zero retention, return to zero and repeatability of click value that the swfa ss line offers.

I’m a lot more concerned with those features then “glass” or illumination or turret feel or whateverelse fluff and buff manufactures want to get a sub 200$ scope into the 5-600 value line

sfp is dead on arrival for mid variable optics in the real world

Their models are slightly different in mag range and price for the comparison. Personally I say no, in that class and those specs, SWFA seems the best value for what you get. That is where my money would go.

The 3-15 sucks ass in harsh lighting conditions.

probably the only knock I have against the ss Classic line as a whole.

Yep, that is where your gonna have to spend more for glass quality. But in most cases the scope is going to be very adequate and get the job done and for $500. There is a reason they are still going strong after all these years.

I think the fact that everyone still praises them and continues to buy them is why we haven't seen a big update. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

I keep a 10x mil/mil in my closet as a backup optic and I miss my 3-15... Wouldn't mind a light refresh.

Reactions: stilesg57