• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anything better than the ATCAR 5-25.......for the money

warpig602

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Found a new in box ATACR 5-25 (C553) for 1900.00 shipped.....does anything really compare at that price? I was prepared to spend a few hundred more. Basically wondering if spending 2300-2400 will yield something definitively better to warrant the extra few hundred?

If SFP is your thing, I don't think you could beat that.

You couldn’t give me that scope if I had to use it. Not that it’s a bad scope, but SFP does not fit my needs.

Reactions: Georgedubya
I would agree with what seems to be the consensus so far. Great deal if you're fine with a SFP scope.

There is a late model used Premier 5-25 in the PX or at least was recently that would be in the price range. I’ve used both and the Premier just looked and felt better to me. But once it takes a shit the warranty/ credit with TT is getting sketchier by the month.
This is not a bash on Nightforce and I have a few FFP NF that I really like just two different optics and one opinion.

I dont mind sfp. Only other scope I was looking at was PMII for 2300.00, from what I've read, it doesnt seem to warrant the extra 400.00.

I had a few F1 ATACRS and really liked them, but they are all gone having been replaced by the MK5 5-25. IMO it is the best thing going for the $ especially if you get the Mil pricing or the used market pricing...

I'm a 2FP guy , ATACR 5-25x56 is my choice for hunting and general long range shooting . I don't compete and never will . If you prefer 2FP an ATACR is very tough to beat. I would jump on one for $1900 , I paid much more for a used one three years ago.

The Schmidt is a better scope I’d go that route if it’s a reticle you like and want FFP. If you want SFP the NF is a good scope

Looks like the illuminated mk5 is about 50.00 less. Never considered the Leupolds as a serious option. I use the VX6 and VX5 on my hunting rifles but easnt sure how the mk5 faired against the nightforce in regards to durability, tracking etc. From a glass standpoint I'm sure they're close.