• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s anything Zombie = retarded

Re: anything Zombie = retarded

I'm a big fan of zombie movies and stories. And I'm a big fan of firearms, but putting zombies on my guns is overdoing it. The big craze with zombies is the same as with Nazis, you can kill as many as you want and no body thinks anything of it. Nazi zombies even more so.

Just a sales pitch. Even though the econmy may be bad, and alot of younger shooters hooked on call of duty and a plentful magazine book shelf, can afford a low cost Tacticool gun. Im tired of it, but on the other hand, if it keeps gun sales up why not. Gun sales, and volume help us all.

But it gets old seeing it everywhere. lol.
guns, ammo, targets that bleed when shot.

I agree that it's retarded but it's a niche that some people enjoy. It's really no different than an non-gun fan thinking we're retarded for liking guns. So that being said, I'm OK with the whole zombie craze and do get a good laugh out of some of the stuff out there like the zombie chainsaw attachment at the Shot show this year.

It's all good and fun. Anything that gets younger generations interested in any shooting sport is all-right as far as I'm concerned.

Plus I really enjoy the "Zombie Shoot" that our local IDPA club has every fall.
smile.gif

Was at my gunsmiths shop the other day and saw a HK mp5 replica and it was done up in cammo and such with Zombie Slayer on the fake can mounted to the barrel. Didnt ask about this as I didnt want to piss him off.
I figure Zombie's die fast from .22 long rifle rounds.
Dont know as I aint killed one of them myself yet. But I see a lot of Zombie killers at the range. Is there a season for them? If not can I hunt them all year as a land owner on the farm?
Just trying to stay legal on my hunting.

Pure marketing. nothing more. I have to say it works. I thought the zombi ammo was a hit at christmas and normally, I wouldn't give a shit about a shotgun at all, I already have plenty, hell, we all do. But not a Zombie Shottie.

Agreed... Zombi is totally overdone, as is Vamps, Wolves, bleh....

We need a good period of Beware the Hordes of female barbie nyphomaniacs... (Women! Lock up your Husbands! They travel in groups and attack your man in ways that will cause him to forget about you!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groovebus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Nazi zombies even more so.</div></div>
What... Have... You... Done?!?!
grin.gif

Ruger has a new zombie slayer LCP out too.. Pretty dumb but they wouldnt do it if it didnt sell! Look at Hornady's new zombie ammo...

I think it's cool beans, and could be a basis for some fun. Even been thinking about doing a Zombie fun match or two this Summer. My Granddaughter wants to be in it.

Been playing around with a 'Zombie Whacker'. Norinco SKS, Choate Dragunov stock, B-Square Gas tube scope mount and rings, and a Centerpoint Dot Scope. Got a batch of TulAmmo 122gr FMJ for sight-in and plinking when the weather warms back up.

Then there's the 'Zombie Reacher', a Savage Scout 7.62x39, with conventional scope base and a Tasco 6-24x42 MilDot Target/Varment scope. Might even work up a handload for it.

Fun projects to bring the kids along. Think of it as an opportunity and not as something to bash.

Greg

zombie are on a totally diffrent level then vamp, werwolf.
Zombies are a possible true threat. not the zombies that pop up out of the ground. but more like rezident evel. and I am legend.
The rage virus is a possibility.

Now do I think they are over doing it with the bleeding targets and ammo and all that jazz. yes I do. but hey its just marketing.

I agree with some, in the sense that "it's reaching to a wider audience/market" and the worst outcome is that there'd be a surplus of parts/arms for sale in a few years.

But, how many are actually going to get into the shooting sports, through this venue?

Really, is THAT a bad thing?

Give them the bait,,, set the hook... then explain to them that this here site is where you go, to get them zombies out at a distance, before they get into 'close-range-encounters'.

snowball effect.

I figure it's no more "Out there" than Cowboy Action Shooting, an' Heck, they do plenty OK...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figure it's no more "Out there" than Cowboy Action Shooting, an' Heck, they do plenty OK...</div></div>

Yep... It's all in what floats your boat. But just slapping a zombie logo on something is kind of stupid. But I bet there is some stupid person that thinks it's the coolest thing ever.

I dunno, I'm wanting to do a comparison of the Hornady V-Max and Z-Max ammo as a bunch of people have told me they're exactly the same. I haven't gotten a hold of any V-Max as a local farmer has bought it all recently for hogs, but I did find a box of Z-Max. When measuring from the ogive with the Hornady Comparator kit, the lengths of the bullets had an extreme spread of .0015". Also the weight of the loaded rounds had an extreme spread of 1.5gr.

Compare that to some mid-range loads from Atlanta Arms that the lengths varied by .0105" and the weights by 3gr.

Once I get my hands on some V-Max I'll do the same as well as shoot both through a chronograph to get real data and post it here.

Around my area, the V-max is selling like hotcakes at around 20-25 bucks per 20rd box. The Z-max however is down to ~17/box. If it ends up being the same stuff, might as well save some cash for myself and anyone else in an area where the "zombie craze" never really caught on.

It could be worse!!! Red Jacket could be peddlin' Zombie crap!
Just sayin....

The zombie thing is out of control. But this marketing thing is genius. I have been informed from previous college roommates that there is a campus wide "zombie game" going on where kids are wearing different colored bandanas signifying them as "zombie"/"non-zombie" and are going around "killing" eachother on campus even during class schedules... pretty rediculous!

Link added EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humans_vs._Zombies

Hope this doesn't thread jack too much...

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VA Gentleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So... you guys are saying that you don't want to see the Hordes of Nymphomaniac Barbies? (Barbies = hot women... not shankster type women....)
</div></div>

I dunno, after watching Zombie Strippers I don't think I can handle another Zombie Women movie.
If I found the zombie chotgun with the chainsaw handle for like $250 I would be tempted to part with my hard earned dollars. Not so much on that stupid lever action.

Yeah, makes me pull my hair out. Midget zombie apocolypse. THAT'S something worth worrying about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar-dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, makes me pull my hair out. Midget zombie apocolypse. THAT'S something worth worrying about. </div></div>

Due to their decreaced size, we'll have to leave the "Midget Nazi Barbie Nymphomaniac Zombies" for the more advanced Zombie killers here on this site.
laugh.gif

I gotta say, last night my youngest son (12) and I watched the entire 1st series of the Walking Dead on AMC. I only ever caught bits and pieces. That show is friggin awesome. I much prefer the zombie genre to vamps and werekind. Much more plausible.

First of all you have to pronounce it correctly...It's "zambies" just like the Urban Dictionary and Woodie Harrelson say so:

"Zambie"

Coming from the word Zombie, but much more frightening, a zambie comes from a rare species of vlampire, they live off the taint licking of human beings just like the tlampire but the zambie is much more incogneto and can attack in many ways that both the vlampire and tlampire cannot. The ratio is currently 34:1 (meaning 34 zambies to 1 human being) it is quite disturbing.

1. with the attempt of an attack of a zambie, ninja steve used the blood of a vlampire to destroy it.

That's for real scary shit right there...

The zombie craze is getting a little out of hand with all the band wagoning. But that being said I do enjoy the walking dead on amc.
Compared to twilight and trueblood I'll take anything zombie though.

the zombie craze and walking dead is what got my Daughter interested in shooting. So If it brings more kids, young adults and mall ninjas into the shooting world so be it. The more shooters the better.

i agree that zombie edition ammo and firearms is a little much... but... that lever action mossberg is pretty awesome lookin... i might have to get one. even though i don't really care for mossberg that much...

I am just waiting for sasquatch to take over the zombie scene, think about it how many people do you know that have said they see zombies? Could the real threat be hiding within our own mountains? Sasquatch ammo will be on the new line up, it will go through heavy fur covered animals to protect us from the "real" threat.

Anything Mossberg = Retarded.

What the hell is going on over at that company. The Nightrain, Rolling Thunder, The Roadblocker, That Tactical 30-30 thing, Putting the Barret muzzle break on literally everything in their product line - to include the .22s. WTF.

The whole Zombie thing has really jumped the shark recently though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It could be worse!!! Red Jacket could be peddlin' Zombie crap!
Just sayin.... </div></div>

Amen to that..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Anything Mossberg = Retarded.</span>
What the hell is going on over at that company. The Nightrain, Rolling Thunder, The Roadblocker, That Tactical 30-30 thing, Putting the Barret muzzle break on literally everything in their product line - to include the .22s. WTF.

The whole Zombie thing has really jumped the shark recently though. </div></div>

Awe. But I really like my 590A1's. I must agree Mossberg has come out with some really wierd stuff lately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BIPMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VA Gentleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So... you guys are saying that you don't want to see the Hordes of Nymphomaniac Barbies? (Barbies = hot women... not shankster type women....)
</div></div>

I dunno, after watching Zombie Strippers I don't think I can handle another Zombie Women movie.
If I found the zombie chotgun with the chainsaw handle for like $250 I would be tempted to part with my hard earned dollars. Not so much on that stupid lever action.</div></div>

But that's the thing... the Barbies are not Zombies!.. they are just infected with a virus that makes them Nymphos... Men cannot catch the virus or ugly chicks.

Wonder they'd do with that Hornady Z-Max ammo.

I like all the zombie shows, and movie that have come out lately. It's the vampire stuff that pisses me off. At least zombies still kill people, the stupid vampires now don't drink human blond and just want to be friends.

blade-blade-twilight-demotivational.jpg

My big worry is that some dumb kid will think that the zombie ammo isn't the real thing, and blow away his next door neighbor....

this is very possible. Zombies should be used only in movies, tv shows (the walking dead. AWESOME!), and video games. They have no business in advertising for firearms. Oh yeah and tattooed zombies are cool too....

Zombies are cool but Hollywood made it ridiculous ie "walking dead".