• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyway to get a real m4

416barrett

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
Georgia ,seminole ounty
So my new favorite cousin inlaw is a Marine well retired. But he want to know is there anyway to buy a real m4 class 3 like he had in iraq. We checked out suppressors to because he also had on of those off brand. We checked out the local dealer he showed us some aac cans and he had a mp5 class3 and few others. No m4 though. He asked for a mil spec but wasn't what he meant. Also a p90 would be good he loves those for some reason lol. He said if not all he wants than is a dependable ar15 platform. But with a oversized charging handle since his hand was injured by a IED. Just want to check what's out there for him . I don't know Shit about non bolt action rifles.

Re: anyway to get a real m4

Yes a M4 can be purchased. If I am not mistaken you are going to pay a $200 tax stamp for the short barrel, 200 for the 3 shot burst. and 200 for the can. I definitly could be wrong, I'm sure someone will let us know if I am. I carried a M-4 overseas as well and am just as happy with a semi-auto, 16" AR.

I think he will probably be happy to with the semi auto to. But he's interested in class3s. All I found have been m16s in the 20k range. I hope he gets a rifle lol it be a honor to have a marine as a range buddy. The ar15 we seen had full length quad rail ss barrel 16" harris bipod with the can't swivel. Eotech sight dpms lower 223 1400$. If I was a semi auto man id buy it lol.

His best bet would be to build and SBR a semi-auto AR15 and then get a registered sear or lower which run around $12-15k right now irrc. Stay away from the P90, it's a POS gun. Check sturm(class 3 sales site) for your best chance of finding something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His best bet would be to build and SBR a semi-auto AR15 and then get a registered sear or lower which run around $12-15k right now irrc. Stay away from the P90, it's a POS gun. Check sturm(class 3 sales site) for your best chance of finding something.</div></div>

I think if you pay the tax on a RDIAS, as long is the SBR upper is attached to the lower while the RDIAS is installed it negates the need for a SBR tax stamp.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: welfordnremt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes a M4 can be purchased. If I am not mistaken you are going to pay a $200 tax stamp for the short barrel, 200 for the 3 shot burst. and 200 for the can. I definitly could be wrong, I'm sure someone will let us know if I am. I carried a M-4 overseas as well and am just as happy with a semi-auto, 16" AR.</div></div>
If you purchase a REGISTERED machine gun, you only pay the $200.00 tax stamp on it as an MG, the mode of select fire/barrel length doesn't matter. You would pay an additional $200 tax stamp of a suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: welfordnremt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes a M4 can be purchased. If I am not mistaken you are going to pay a $200 tax stamp for the short barrel, 200 for the 3 shot burst. and 200 for the can. I definitly could be wrong, I'm sure someone will let us know if I am. I carried a M-4 overseas as well and am just as happy with a semi-auto, 16" AR.</div></div>
If you purchase a REGISTERED machine gun, you only pay the $200.00 tax stamp on it as an MG, the mode of select fire/barrel length doesn't matter. You would pay an additional $200 tax stamp of a suppressor. </div></div>

Thanks,,,, I learned something today

Since the M4 started being produced around 1994, it doesn't look like any of them could be legally registered on the 1986 list that was enacted with the Hughes Amendment.

Like the above post stated; no transferable M4's. You can buy a M16 and get a M4 upper; will run you about 20 grand.

Just get a basic AR lower and regfister it as an SBR in semi auto...ten times cheaper, and you can do it with a cleaner running oprod upper. I am thinking about getting a shorty upper so I can make a house broom with my 100 round Beta mag just for kicks mind ya

Since when is a M4 length upper an SBR? It has a 14.5" barrel with a pinned NATO birdcage puts it at 16". The closest you can get is a Colt AR. Same rifle, just no 3 round burst.

The suppressors we used were Ops Inc. I believe 15th model.

A2 birdcage isn't 2.5" long...14.5" is going to be a short barrel.

you can get a SBR stamp and build one as Switchblade said, i have a 11.5 Daniel Defense I sold a year ago, with the A2 post same thing just little shorter

14.5" plus 2.5" would put it at 17", an SBR is shorter then 16". I'm by no means an expert. I don't know A2 specs but I can see it being 1.5" long. I could be wrong.