• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

APA Gen II Fat Bastard & Little Bastard

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I just wanted to give you guys a peek at our new Gen II Little Bastard. We are sending 10 out to the K&M match and the Hide cup along with some other goodies. If you guys happened to be there check one out and let me know what you think.

These will come caliber specific if specified or undersized if a gunsmith wants to bore it. There are no crush washers, to flat washers, no Loctite, and no gun smithing required. If you barrel is threaded from the factory simply remove it from the package
install and go wake the locals up with it. We will be making this in four versions:

Gen II Micro Bastard
Gen II Little Bastard
Gen II Fat Bastard
Gen II XXX

We are planning on releasing just about every standard thread pitch you guys might need for you factory rifle from AI's and TRG's to Remington.

Last edited:
Very nice! I can see a lot of these selling, not needing to use a smith to time it.

Do you intend to still sell the original versions also?

I'm confused, how does it not need to be timed in the event those ports are pointing straight down and blowing crap back at you?

You thread the brake all the way down and the back it off until indexed. Then run the nut backwards and lock it in place with a wrench. There are no exposed seems etc. and it doesn't require a ton of force to lock it. Just a slight bump past hand tight and you are done.

I'm confused, how does it not need to be timed in the event those ports are pointing straight down and blowing crap back at you?

Looks like you time it by backing the nut off against the barrels shoulder to tighten, Great Idea. Will be looking for one of these.

The man beat me to it.

Last edited:
Was just looking an hr ago for a new brake that didn't need crush washers. This is perfect. Time frame till available?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

We are running the Little Bastards now. If you call Jodie in the office she can get you on the waiting list for any of them. 706-367-8881 You can also email her at [email protected]
You just need to specify which brake you need and that it's a Gen II. We also need to know if it's caliber specific or you want your smith to open it prior to shipping. She doesn't need that information currently.

We are running the Little Bastards now. If you call Jodie in the office she can get you on the waiting list for any of them. 706-367-8881 You can also email her at [email protected]
You just need to specify which brake you need and that it's a Gen II. We also need to know if it's caliber specific or you want your smith to open it prior to shipping. She doesn't need that information currently.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Can it handle 9/16x18 threads? Remington factory Sendero varmint. Thanks.

Right now they are all 4140 steel and will come parkerized. MSRP is set at $160 for the LB's and Micro's. $185 on the FB's. The XXX we aren't sure yet.
As far as the stainless goes we aren't sure yet. We made 6 and will test them on our Team rifles. I'm afraid that some people are going to get crazy with a wrench and SS will gall a lot easier. They don't take much at all to tighten. You can almost do it by hand.

We have had zero request for a 9/16x18 thread but we have had requests for 9/16x24 so it's possible we will add that to the line up at some point. Right now we have a ton of steel to blaze through.

I'm really looking forward to having this, too. Going to be sweet! It's been really cool to see this from concept through several initial designs, to final product here. Jered, as usual you've outdone yourself with design and execution.

people throw the words game changer around purdy loosely these days.

a self timed brake with the APA accuracy Joplins fameous for, will def be a legit game changer. thats smart thinkin right there

I will need to give one of these a try! Ive ran the little bastard and fat bastard on past rifles and really liked them a lot!

I sent an email a couple days ago to get on the waiting list and didn't get a reply. Anyone get a response back?

These are sweet! I need about 4 and will be using them on my match rifles. Thanks for spending my money Jered! Glad its going to a good guy at least!

I just spoke to Jodie. She hadn't had time to respond to everyone that emailed her but she is working on it now. If you haven't received an email today then there is a problem somewhere.

As far as the thread pitch goes everything we are making right now is 5/8x24 tpi

If you didn't get a response something must have happened to the email. She has responded to everyone. Give it another try or gives us a call at 706-367-8881. You can also shoot me a PM if you like. I can pass the info on to her.

whats the od here on a 5/8-24 from flat to flat? im sure this question will come up a few times , so i figured here would be a good spot.

Last edited:
Got mine today!!

Already mounted, took literally no time. Think 1 inch wrench would fit but didn't need it to tighten in place. Really, really easy.

Will be shooting this weekend!!

Badass. Nicely done.

if you want another GA boy to do some extensive testing for you on the GEN ii FAT BASTARD, I will document all my findings and post them here!!!!! it will go on a 300rum and 200gr accubonds, 95g retumbo........

Got mine today!!

Already mounted, took literally no time. Think 1 inch wrench would fit but didn't need it to tighten in place. Really, really easy.

Will be shooting this weekend!!

Badass. Nicely done.

Howzboutz a picute or two?? Please indicate barrel contour and length! Thanks in advance!

It will tighten up by hand but it will need a slight bump with a crescent wrench to keep it locked in please while firing. If it's just hand tight it could possibly come loose at some point.
It is 1" but keeping up with a small crescent wrench in your range bag will be a lot easier than most 1" wrenches.

i was thinkin a 1" crows foot with no handle attached might give you just enough hand tight leverage and not allow ya to over tighten. takes up virtually no room/wt as well.

In regard to tightening, would you consider making a wrench with a Bobbitted handle to go with the brake?
Just a nub of a handle with a hole for a paracord loop perhaps?

gents

here are a few pics

please excuse the trash bags , they go out in a minute....

22 inch barrel

Gun A

next is 16 inch rv contour
Gun B

Finally 26 inch m40 contour

Gun C

there are several pics in each link

Last edited: