• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

APA LB not only changed my poi, but also group size..

Pattillo123

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2017
North Alabama
I recently changed out my old brake for an APA LB. After changing the brake, my groups went from being sub 1/2 min to over 5min.. the rifle is a defiant 6.5x47 built bt meredith rifles. After shooting it with the new brake to find that the group opened up that much, i removed the brake and the groups closed right back up. I have inspected the brake for strikes and its clear. Anyone else had any issues similar to this? Rain has kept me from doing any more experimentation. As soon as work and the weather allows ill be timing it 180deg around from where I originally had it. Ive been shooting for several years and installed several other brakes, some of which have been APA, and never had any issues remotely close to this. Thanks guys! Happy shooting!

2 things I have seen:

1. I have seen an over torqued brake mess with the crown area --
2. My personal dilemma, was much like you described in that I looked for strikes but did not find any.. I wwnt back to the range shoot a few more and used a bit of copper solvent on a q-tip and lightly wiped he inside, using a light, I could then tell that the tinniest of contact was made.. these were not noticeable without the solvent and even then, just. I had it put on a lathe and opened up a tiny bit and it then shot again.

Reactions: Pattillo123
had a buddy have similar happen when he was swapping brakes around...he put a brake (not an APA) on a 6.5 creed rifle and it was shooting huge groups...found out the brake he put on was actually a 6mm instead of a 6.5 like he thought...just something to double check

had a buddy have similar happen when he was swapping brakes around...he put a brake (not an APA) on a 6.5 creed rifle and it was shooting huge groups...found out the brake he put on was actually a 6mm instead of a 6.5 like he thought...just something to double check

:eek: Yikes!! I guess it's a 6.5mm now!! ;)

Reactions: KZP