• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

APA's new rings

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I thought you guys might want to see our new rings that we will be releasing at Shot Show. I think you guys are going to like them. We are persuing a patent on the locking mechanism so I've kept it pretty hush hush until now. So here is the video. I think the video will speak for itself.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAVBDcfnDuo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAVBDcfnDuo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

We will also be releasing three new muzzle brakes:
IMG_9983copycopy.jpg

IMG_9997copycopy.jpg

IMG_0031copy.jpg

IMG_9974.jpg

Just an FYI we are not into production yet. We are in the process of tooling up for production. The first batches we hope to start rolling out 60 days after Shot Show.

Re: APA's new rings

I would really like to know how these brakes perform!!! I need to replace the brake on my 6.5 CM and I have acouple different ones in mind. How long til one of these can be sent my way? i would really like to test out the Lil Jimmy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw the rings. Who makes that picatinny rail?!
grin.gif

The rings look great. </div></div>

Papagallos,
The rail is ours as well. Right now we just make it for our action but we have plans to make it for other's as well.

Thanks for all the great responses. The rings are really strong and especially for aluminum. We put a lot of thought into the design just for the purpose of making them stronger. Well that and a little more sexy than whats on the market as well. Drop by and visit us at Shot Show and keep your eyes open for more new products coming in the future.

The only steel in they have in them would be the screws and the latch itself Nomad.

I really didn't think it was going to hold the truck but as usual Jeff's calculations were right. If you notice in the video the window is rolled down so when the exploded they didn't blow the window out of the range truck. Darlene said we should strap it to the dump truck next door. It opted out of that one. I think we proved the point we needed to.

We haven't tested the Micro Bastard out yet. We have tested the XXX on Jeff's 50 and it works great. The little Jimmy performed about the same as the LB on the 308 that we tested. It does have a lot more surface area than the LB but I couldn't tell a difference. It will probably take a magnum to see any difference if there is one to be had. The main reason for it was to give the look of the FB in a smaller package for those that requested it. Jim McClure is the one that talked us into it so we named it after him.

Got the chance to see these up close. They are the nicest rings I have seen hit the market. As far as the new locking mechanisim goes, I sure could not break it.

Good job Jered!!!

I sure need 2 sets!!! Consider that a pre order
smile.gif

( 34mm 1.0) x 2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those are nice Jerod. Do you have plans for a one piece for an AR? </div></div> 28 moa 34mm rings. That would go right on my AR 10 jered built for me

I really like those rings! I think I have just the rifle for some field testing now that all the "lab" testing is over..........hint, hint.
wink.gif

I also wanted to through in that all prior and active police and military will receive dealer pricing. We won't have all those numbers sorted on the new products until we get into production but we'll give you guys the best we can. All we will need is proof of service.
It may not be much but it's an opportunity for us to say thanks to everyone that put their ass on the line for this country.

Jered, very nice as always! Your desire to produce a better mouse trap shines through in all your products. I was very impressed with the bottom metal when it came out, it was truely a cut above the rest and now the rings are a nice complement to all your other products. Everything you build would be as at home on a tactical rifle, match rifle, or a slimed down hunting rifle and to me that says alot. To me there are a few very good products out there that are quality and yours have everybit of the quality if not more in function but are so nice to look at too. They just seem to have lines that flow seamlessly on a rifle, very nice!

Damn Jered who the hell whittled the first stock out? I love that rifle! I have been waiting for someone to whip someting like that out, home run! Now only if it was a Dakota action, not knocking the Genesis action at all I just like the Mauser style in wood! I think they will all be a BIG hit at shot!

boy those rifles sure are prutty.

Rings look very clean like all apa products, looks like i wont be able to break these either.

i also see a micro bastard in my future

I got a chance to handle these rings at the show and they rocked.

Good piece of gear!!