• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Apex kit

Maximusmax51

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
United States
YESSS! Just had my new APEX kit installed on my SW MP 45. Break feels like night and day, but the real test comes tuesday at the range.

Re: Apex kit

I have a M&P45 coming soon. I think an Apex ket is in my future.
I just got a M&P40 Pro 5" and the factory trigger on it is better than any M&P I've had to date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a M&P45 coming soon. I think an Apex ket is in my future.
I just got a M&P40 Pro 5" and the factory trigger on it is better than any M&P I've had to date.
</div></div>

While I agree the Pro Series is the best of the M&P factory triggers don't try a friends Apex kit unless you plan on buying one. IMO, Randy has done a great job with components that transform the M&P, are easily installed and a great value.

Another +1 for the Apex kits. I have the full DCAEK installed in my compact and full size 9. They are easy to install and well worth the price.

I have the pro and the Apex Competition kit is much nicer than the factory Pro trigger.

I debated buying this, but then I found with 1k and 1.5k sandpaper, I could turn out a phenomenal product with some time/patience.

I love my Apex kit I put in my M&P 9mm. Planning on 2 more for my compact and wifes 9mm. Then maybe a M&P 45 next. Got to say am hooked on the M&P.

I can take a factory M&P trigger and have it under 3 lbs, the reset can be shortend also. I have a 2.25 lb trigger on my M&P which I use for Limited in USPSA. I did a trigger job and like the crisp break with the APEX installed. With both I get the 2.25 lbs out of it. The APEX parts are great!

I just dropped in a storm lake threaded barrel on my m&p 9. Time to have apex kit put it. Gotta love the S&W.

Apex all the way! I put a competition AEK kit in my m&p9 and love it. couldn't ask for a beter product

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnson184</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shot my friend's m&p40... Hated the long trigger reset. Does the Pro fix this? If not... Does the apex? </div></div>

The APEX will for sure... I used the Duty Carry Kit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnson184</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shot my friend's m&p40... Hated the long trigger reset. Does the Pro fix this? If not... Does the apex? </div></div>
The M&P has one of the shortest resets on the market as is why does everyone bring that up? Has anyones measured the difference on the glock reset,Its almost twice as long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The M&P has one of the shortest resets on the market as is why does everyone bring that up? </div></div>

Odd... My standard M&P 9c reset is literally 2.5x as long as my standard G23. Are you sure you weren't shooting an Apex modified gun?

I've always been disappointed in the gun, after buying it mid-hype. Now I see even some of it's biggest cheerleaders on TOS backing away from it. Interesting times!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kalashnikev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The M&P has one of the shortest resets on the market as is why does everyone bring that up? </div></div>

Odd... My standard M&P 9c reset is literally 2.5x as long as my standard G23. Are you sure you weren't shooting an Apex modified gun?

I've always been disappointed in the gun, after buying it mid-hype. Now I see even some of it's biggest cheerleaders on TOS backing away from it. Interesting times! </div></div>
I have not compared the 9mm handguns just the .40 and not any of them the pros. The pro does have a better trigger from the factory but not perfect. I compared the .40 FS to the G22 and the G22 has a more grittier feeling trigger and even the slide is rougher when the action cycles. I like the audible reset on the glock and have seen that on a few M&Ps but not common.
I have a change out list when I buy a new gun which doesn't change much. I change the recoil rod in all glocks, 3.5 lbs dissconector from Lone Wolf and polish all the trigger parts until it feels the way I like, change the sights. With the M&P I change the sights, polish the trigger and install the APEX plus I can shoot lead bullets without a barrel change unlike the glock. Biggest plus is one is made here in the USA and one is from over seas. Both have great service and repair anything in a quick manner. JMHO I will have to see if anything changes next time I get my hands on a M&P 9 and a G23.

Apex parts in a M&P are a must. Have them in both the 9c and 40c. Takes the gritty feel out of the trigger and gives it a very nice pull.

So after a closer inspection I noticed the DBAG shop did a half arsed installation. THEY DIDNT EXCHANGE THE SEAR's... NOT HAPPY since it was a joke to get the gun done as well as poor customer service when it came to giving me an ETA on completion. almost a month to be exact of bs " i dont know answers." Just venting since ive already found a smith to rectify the issue. Stay away from Pacific Beach area shops