• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors APEX trigger install!

jerpil

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2009
I have a S&W M&P .40cal, would anyone here know a gunsmith in Riverside or San Bernardino CA., who can install an APEX trigger kit? Thanks!!

Re: APEX trigger install!

You can do it! No, really you can. If I can do it myself with a broken left hand, you can. Just watch the 2 You-Tube video's and get after it. You'll be glad you did. You will have a better understanding of the M&P to boot. My trigger is the envy of all my Glock buddies! JPG

how does the apex compare to factory trigger? is it just the reset? Smith is slowly sneaking in new sears so not sure if the apex is worth it

Not even close. The Apex system is head and shoulders above a factory trigger. Smooths everything up, reduces reset, and drops weight by about a pound. Still very safe, and not a hair trigger, so you can still carry it. They have a competition kit, but I went with their carry set up.
I bought my wife the 5" Pro, and that trigger is better than mine stock by a long shot. But not now! JPG

Agreed, its real easy. Just watch the vids a few times. I used the DCAEK and it made a <span style="font-style: italic">huge</span> improvement in feel, smoothness, and reset.

I have the DCAEK kit installed in two m&p's, both done by myself, not hard at all, give it a shot!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! am going in!!!!!

The Apex sear takes off some of the material on the hump which smoothes out the trigger pull. When you take the trigger assembly apart, you will see that one side of the factory sear has a camel hump, the Apex sear removes most of that hump.

Randy Lee does amazing things in the kit, it is well worth the money.

Jerry