• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Apexx Scope Armor?? Is this a Joke?

Maybe if I was over seas and my life depended on it. And I was climbing rocks and mountains and such. Actually... If it was a quick detach option, I would consider one when transporting. I don't like to test the limits of my optics.. Can't afford to

I think it looks well made. But almost too trick. Seems like a just because. But Vortex guys should look into it. *rim shot*. :)

I think it looks awesome. And very functional. I have sniper knobs on my scope so any protection I can gain is a positive. Plus in close quarters combat it turns my sniper rifle into a blunt weapon. Don't get me wrong I love sniping but I'll fight close if I need to...

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
"When transporting"? How are you transporting your rifle? You just throw it into the bed of your pick up without a case and cross your fingers? If so, then I follow you. If not, then that comment is as ridiculous as this product. AND, you are not overseas, nor am I. You are in a cubicle. Try to stay in reality bud.

Last edited:
"Who wouldn't want to protect a Millet?" "Because my rifle needs snowshoes too." Exactly. Glad I'm not the only one.

just remember, if there is a product out there, someone must have had a need for it at some point in time. Personally I think this is ridiculous, the effectiveness of getting to your elevation/windage knobs would be more of a nuisance than anything else. I appreciated the comment of if one was out thrashing through the mountains, but in reality, wouldnt you have your rifle in some sort of climbing pack?

Probably in use by the SEALs, IDF, Delta, GSG-9, Rangers, FBI HRT, Chuck Norris, etc.....wait a minute. Chuck Norris would stare down a bent scope and scare it back to 100% straight...

Are they fucking serious? Who the hell would buy that thing, there's no way, it has to be a joke. It completely kills the usefulness of the turrets. May as well go about your day wearing a full-body condom if you're that paranoid.

QUOTE=Savage Lover;3083355]"When transporting"? How are you transporting your rifle? You just throw it into the bed of your pick up without a case and cross your fingers? If so, then I follow you. If not, then that comment is as ridiculous as this product. AND, you are not overseas, nor am I. You are in a cubicle. Try to stay in reality bud.[/QUOTE]

Sir,
Since being a member here I have never responded negatively nor in seemingly any disrespectful kind of way to anyone on any post and I don't intend to now so please don't take offense to what I say as I have no desire to argue with you and I sincerely mean no offense. You likely have more experience and knowledge than me in the shooting world and a great many other things. In response to your comment, I have not been over seas and will likely never be. Which is why I said "if". I know a few brave people who have and have listened to them talk about situations I can only imagine. In there stories I've heard them speak of rough terrain, hard climbs, falling down accidentally and taking cover. I can only imagine the damage that could take place to ones equipment if they fall with let's say 200lbs of body weight plus 40lbs gear fell on an optic. I wouldn't want mine damaged miles from safety so in my inexperienced world it seems like a good idea to protect ones gear with a little more than just a case padded with a little foam. Second, in transporting I do have a little more experience. I have the privilege of working 12 hour shifts and by policy my patrol rifle has to ride in the trunk. I do have a well padded case but with the other items that ride in the trunk and the unavoidable bumps and sometimes other obstacles I often worry about the potential damage that could happen to my gear. It might be unlikely that damage would occur but it's in that unlikely event that I have the responsibility of saving someone's life. I want my gear to be damage and defect free. I'm sorry if you found my original post offensive or stupid. I was simply trying to give an honest answer. Take care and stay safe

Reactions: Steve_In_29
Probably in use by the SEALs, IDF, Delta, GSG-9, Rangers, FBI HRT, Chuck Norris, etc.....wait a minute. Chuck Norris would stare down a bent scope and scare it back to 100% straight...

It's currently being test run by the UMCOA (United mall cops of America) there assessment will weigh heavily on whether seals or delta pick it up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I wonder the weight of that contraption is?

why not just roll cage the entire system?

I do like protecting the scope atop the Rem 770. The roll cage is worth more than the rifle...

[/QUOTE] I can only imagine the damage that could take place to ones equipment if they fall with let's say 200lbs of body weight plus 40lbs gear fell on an optic. [/QUOTE]

Funny enough my mk6 is currently at leupold having the turret fixed since I'm 200lbs and fell with the rifle straight onto the turret. It only broke the zero stop luckily. Scope held zero and I still competed for a couple months before sending it back. Did the same to a vortex razor a few years ago and plowed the bell into a rock as I slipped down a mountain on a hunt and it barely scratched it was all. All the scopes I buy can take a pretty big impact and stay in the game. My hunts tend to be like lone survivor where I just end up falling off of cliffs and tumbling down mountains with my rifle. I should probably get better at not slipping.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Interesting conversation:
1) Multiple versions exists. It just happens the image pictured is a "Millet" which has no bearing on the product- it is a customers rifle. Images also exist with Zeiss, S&B, Vortex....
2) The overall answer to "who needs it": Would you wear a helmet in a football game? Hockey game? Batter at the plate? Air bags? Seat belts? Car insurance? Or more specifically do you own a gun for home defense? What are the odds you will ever need any of these items? Quite simply things do happen when you least expect it.
3) Finger clearance: different versions for different needs. The "Millet" pictured does not have tactical turrets therefore does not need the spacing. Versions for Night Force, S&B etc... have plenty of room for fingers and gloves.
4) Weight- total weight 4oz (small hunting) to 11ozs for large scopes.
5) "Why upside down"? The armor works very well as a stand (our local range masters do appreciate it), doesn't fall off of rests and benches, and makes a very nice cleaning stand. I can flip my AR upside down spit it, pull the carrier group and run the cleaning rods with no other prop.
6) The Remington 770. Not everyone can afford a 10K rifle but I also believe some people with lower cost weapons will put the same value on the "point of impact" as those who buy expensive rigs. The 770 was bought for drop purposes only. I am sure you have seen the same rifle in the video. Soon a second drop video will take place with a TRG-42 and a Zeiss Diavari to illustrate that the device will allow the rifle to hold zero after a drop upside down onto concrete.
7) We are not saying newer top name scopes are not durable/tough. But the survivability of the scope is totally dependent on the circumstance of the impact. After all you can jump off of a 10 story building with the "right stuff" below you. The fact is we have broken scopes during our test. With the armor all of the scopes came away with no marks/dents/ outward damage of any kind. However some scopes failed due to the g-force of the impact ($2000 scopes). ALL failed without the armor: caved in turrets, bent tubes/eye focus/ objective lenses. All lost their point of aim/impact.
8) We have had extremely positive feed back by people who have actually seen and held our product: the average "joe", special forces, law enforcement, competitors etc... We have also been told by some of the groups noted that their optics get the "crap" beat out of them at times. I personally have always "worried" about my Zeiss when an impact took place. The difference is I am only taking a shot at a Mule Deer or a pig. Two legged targets are a totally different game.

Reactions: 61A034
I've seen plenty of wanna be's that are too dumb to realize that they have shit on their rifles that is no more ridiculous for them to have than this deal, whatever the hell it is. Careful makin fun of people, you never know who they are or where they've been

they need to make a rap around model that protects the trigger guard. a trigger guard guard if you will. i dropped my barreled action of the bench landed on the ocular lens on the concrete floor did not hurt it. i think people do not realize how tuff scopes are. there casing is a helmet for there fairly robust innards. if they put tactical in the name and paint it black or tan though i am gonna buy one. gotta protect that tasco world class it is a collectors item because everyone else threw theirs away. they should put a ski on that thing so i can sled on my scoped rifle. make it a multi use rifle

Sorry, I know you're going to say that it's not for everyone but so far the only redeeming value that I can see in this product is that it makes a handy stand for cleaning your rifle at the bench. A couple of glaring things that should have stood out to the supposed LE, Special Forces, competitor types that have been handling this thing is what if you don't want your flip cap to open straight up in the classic eight-ball of death? What if you have to mount a clip on night sight and that hooptastic thing in the front is in the way? What if you run a cat tail on the vario ring, looks like you'll SOL a little bit there? What departments, Group, and/or competition shooters are looking at this thing anyway because as near as I can tell your Facebook page has zero comments, has been liked by only Tom Kasper and other than that I can find no other references to this gadget.

We dropped one of our 110's while on a movement in Astan. It broke the battery compartment, but the scope functioned the rest of the deployment with no issues.

I also dropped my CQBSS multiple times, it got banged, scratched, and basically treated like a dirty little slut, no issues at all.

Quality scopes are a lot tougher than most think, a scope roll cage is really not needed. Ounces equal pounds, and pounds equal pain.

You're not looking at this correctly.

If needed, this multipurpose tool can now make your rifle a sled for a quick arctic extraction.

That's right, you can ride your rifle down a snow hill. Your rifle. Making sweet jumps off a half pipe. Think about that.

Interesting conversation:
1) Multiple versions exists. It just happens the image pictured is a "Millet" which has no bearing on the product- it is a customers rifle. Images also exist with Zeiss, S&B, Vortex....
2) The overall answer to "who needs it": Would you wear a helmet in a football game? Hockey game? Batter at the plate? Air bags? Seat belts? Car insurance? Or more specifically do you own a gun for home defense? What are the odds you will ever need any of these items? Quite simply things do happen when you least expect it.
3) Finger clearance: different versions for different needs. The "Millet" pictured does not have tactical turrets therefore does not need the spacing. Versions for Night Force, S&B etc... have plenty of room for fingers and gloves.
4) Weight- total weight 4oz (small hunting) to 11ozs for large scopes.
5) "Why upside down"? The armor works very well as a stand (our local range masters do appreciate it), doesn't fall off of rests and benches, and makes a very nice cleaning stand. I can flip my AR upside down spit it, pull the carrier group and run the cleaning rods with no other prop.
6) The Remington 770. Not everyone can afford a 10K rifle but I also believe some people with lower cost weapons will put the same value on the "point of impact" as those who buy expensive rigs. The 770 was bought for drop purposes only. I am sure you have seen the same rifle in the video. Soon a second drop video will take place with a TRG-42 and a Zeiss Diavari to illustrate that the device will allow the rifle to hold zero after a drop upside down onto concrete.
7) We are not saying newer top name scopes are not durable/tough. But the survivability of the scope is totally dependent on the circumstance of the impact. After all you can jump off of a 10 story building with the "right stuff" below you. The fact is we have broken scopes during our test. With the armor all of the scopes came away with no marks/dents/ outward damage of any kind. However some scopes failed due to the g-force of the impact ($2000 scopes). ALL failed without the armor: caved in turrets, bent tubes/eye focus/ objective lenses. All lost their point of aim/impact.
8) We have had extremely positive feed back by people who have actually seen and held our product: the average "joe", special forces, law enforcement, competitors etc... We have also been told by some of the groups noted that their optics get the "crap" beat out of them at times. I personally have always "worried" about my Zeiss when an impact took place. The difference is I am only taking a shot at a Mule Deer or a pig. Two legged targets are a totally different game.

At least he's humble...

I think it's a good idea.. I'd use them for storage or during transport, even with a hard case...

And it's American... Can't complain.

I am waiting for the whole rifle model... I don't want to gouge my Houge over mold stock.

I think it looks awesome. And very functional. I have sniper knobs on my scope so any protection I can gain is a positive. Plus in close quarters combat it turns my sniper rifle into a blunt weapon. Don't get me wrong I love sniping but I'll fight close if I need to...

Okay, for some reason, justified or not, I have a lot of faith in my fellow Hiders. So could at least one of you explain how THIS fucking gem got overlooked? And for 3 months no less, that's a long time for a chum trail to be in the water.

Not really for me, but I know this one real tactical guy, he will buy it....He has every attachment known to the A/R platform, because well you know, thats the way it was in the box....

Next from Apexx....a rail mounted wheel and pedal system to turn your rifle into a mini tank!

pepper 2111,

Since no one else ever said it, Thank You! Thank you for your honest, your courage, your humility, and your service. I hope some of these folks here recognize your statement for what it was (if I have to define it, you probable not capable of understanding it). You have exhibited the exceptional nature of a refined American, and I could not let this opportunity to bring attention to this point, pass me by.

Thank You Sir,

The Bull

pepper 2111,

Since no one else ever said it, Thank You! Thank you for your honest, your courage, your humility, and your service. I hope some of these folks here recognize your statement for what it was (if I have to define it, you probable not capable of understanding it). You have exhibited the exceptional nature of a refined American, and I could not let this opportunity to bring attention to this point, pass me by.

Thank You Sir,

The Bull

Really? You brought back a 6 year old thread just to say that?

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
So are we doing a group buy for this scope armor or what ladies?

To be fair, Eotechs have a built in roll cage, but they manage to make it look cool and not add a bunch of weight. So in theory this has been done successfully. Not sure I’d put one on my rifle though. Maybe if it was tailored to my scope and didn’t look like a bicycle luggage rack from the 80’s.

That’s not a roll bar, THIS is a roll bar! D&L’s MR30PG has been rockin these for thirty years.

9215EB4E-2239-4FCE-A98C-1F5FDE19D91F.jpeg