• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Apparently FN discontinued every model of SPR except one.

I wish they would just offer the FN SPR barreled action, 18" and 24" threaded barrel models. Oh and offer it in 6.5 also.

So many options now days it's hard to drop that much money into a factory 308.

The FN SPR needs a few updates but Dan is mine a shooter. Maybe they will make it in a) 6.5 something and b) make it with AI mag compatibility. Mine has been so damned accurate and reliable it would be hard for me to let it go for anything.

Love my SPR. Sitting at a hair over 3500 rounds and still way more accurate than I am. As soon as I out shoot this barrel, a 6.5 is going on it. It is a shame that they have killed production. So much could be had if they offered these with something other than 308 and WSM. I know the A5M-XP is still around but If I'm spending $2700+ on a rifle, it's not going to be factory.

FWIW, Taccord still sells these. I believe right now they only have the A2 in stock but for $1500 you cannot beat it. I got my A1 from them.
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...fn-spr-a2-s-dbm-hide-special-bedding-included

Last edited:
I have contacted FN about the possibility of offering just the barreled actions alone, or producing an SPR in another caliber, like 6.5 and they responded saying there were no new plans for the SPR line and there were not any plans to offer it in 6.5 or any other caliber at this time or in the near future.

It's a shame. I love my SPR A1 and it was a great shooter from the beginning. Sent it to SAC and it is now one rifle I will never get rid of.

Reactions: 7WSMShooter
Sad to hear this. I wish somebody would adopt their chrome barrel making technique on the open market. Would be great to buy a 5,000 rd life 6mm barrel.

I still own and shoot my FN SPR A1, going on 13 years now. It has served me well throughout its life.

Started out with this:

Sent it off to SAC for a rebarrel & switched to an XLR chassis, and ended up with this:

Sad times.
I was looking at the A1A for years as a heavy but handy long range trainer and occasional hunting rig. Since it's been off the table, I've put a 6.5 CTR on layaway. Perhaps the new B14 HMR would be a cool option as well in roughly the same class of rifle as the SPR. Just on a Rem action as opposed to the good ole Win action.

i read this online as well. i REALLY like my XP rifle and the 1/0 twist bbl. i just have not found a good accurate load in my reloading yet... i just need more time behind it

I am looking at an SPR A3G that has a threaded barrel. I thought the older models of SPR all had non threaded barrel. Correct me if I am wrong

I have not seen a SPR A3G that was threaded from the factory, nor any other SPR's other than the newest A5M XP. That said, it could be that a distributor made a special order from FN outside of the standard cataloged rifles. That happens quite frequently with Remington.