• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Apple is shoving their views down my throat

broncoaz

Gary Coleman told me to F off
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
I don’t use the app often, but the Apple news feed on my iPad and phone both have a topic I can’t delete for “Racial Justice”. Just like having all the Quran thumper holidays on my calendar, this annoys the shit out of me. Anybody know how to get rid of this?

For those who will respond about dumping Apple, these devices are work issued so I have to use them.

49061EBB-5447-4964-A730-E66AFF198120.jpeg

Do not click. Do not click.

Or maybe you can go in there and start shitposting and get booted?

Open News App
Click Following on bottom right
Click Racial Justice
Give it 'thumbs down'

You'll see fewer "news" suggestions on that topic.

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about it...I peruse Apple News fairly frequently and haven't exactly been inundated with "Racial Justice" stuff.

I don’t use the app often, but the Apple news feed on my iPad and phone both have a topic I can’t delete for “Racial Justice”. Just like having all the Quran thumper holidays on my calendar, this annoys the shit out of me. Anybody know how to get rid of this?

For those who will respond about dumping Apple, these devices are work issued so I have to use them.

View attachment 7479995
Well the holidays you can turn off in the calendar, but I think that turns off all the holidays. As for the news app, no clue, never touched it.

I love all you Fuck Apple people. Okay, yes, they feed you information - I get it. But, who's been more prolific at shutting down conservatives - google or Apple? Twitter or Apple? Facebook or Apple? Have any of you been on the startup page of Edge/internet exploder? (I have to use IE sometimes to get into my VPN at work). MSFT's news sight is so one sided it will make you puke. It selectively picks anti-Trump/anti-conservative news article - even from our former "favorite" network Faux News. Yahoo? Even more left.

It's not just Apple, it's all big tech. ALL of them. I'd actually say Apple, while I don't like some of their policies, has probably played the least left of the big tech companies. It's hard for me to say that; but

It's simple for me...I don't use their news feed products. So it doesn't really bother me. But any mainstream source of news or better yet pseudo-news is no different than Apple's stuff which "cultivates" the news for you. Granted, I think this news cultivation is part of the problem as people are being spoon-fed what the left wants people to hear. But it's not just Apple. I long gave up Google because if people want to know who is really spying on you, controlling you, gathering data on you - it's google. Besides, every Android phone I had after 1-2 updates basically stopped working. I actually preferred Windows Phone 8/8.1.

Reactions: Aries256
Big Brother
I love all you Fuck Apple people. Okay, yes, they feed you information - I get it. But, who's been more prolific at shutting down conservatives - google or Apple? Twitter or Apple? Facebook or Apple? Have any of you been on the startup page of Edge/internet exploder? (I have to use IE sometimes to get into my VPN at work). MSFT's news sight is so one sided it will make you puke. It selectively picks anti-Trump/anti-conservative news article - even from our former "favorite" network Faux News. Yahoo? Even more left.

It's not just Apple, it's all big tech. ALL of them. I'd actually say Apple, while I don't like some of their policies, has probably played the least left of the big tech companies. It's hard for me to say that; but

It's simple for me...I don't use their news feed products. So it doesn't really bother me. But any mainstream source of news or better yet pseudo-news is no different than Apple's stuff which "cultivates" the news for you. Granted, I think this news cultivation is part of the problem as people are being spoon-fed what the left wants people to hear. But it's not just Apple. I long gave up Google because if people want to know who is really spying on you, controlling you, gathering data on you - it's google. Besides, every Android phone I had after 1-2 updates basically stopped working. I actually preferred Windows Phone 8/8.1.

You're the one that went Apple suck it up and bend over to the cult. Toss all the apple stuff...it's a start.

View attachment 7479995

I had an iPhone 7 for about 5 months before I got rid of that commie piece of shit because of the issue you mentioned.

Glad you came around.

Hi,

Tell your boss that they are causing a hostile work environment because they are forcing you to use a product that does not align with your beliefs and views.

There are a hundred other threads on people demanding companies pick a side, demanding boycotts of this and that....well maybe it is time people start picking their employers that align solely with their beliefs and views.

IF the concept of boycotting a business works in regards to buying or not buying from them then maybe when people start boycotting employers the system will self correct from the top down????

Sincerely,
Theis

I've been using iPhones for 8 years now. Rarely get a news update. Easy to turn off and/or ignore.

As for the Fuck Apple crowd:. how you feeling about Bill Gates and Microsoft? Maybe using Google's OS? Oh wait, they're worse than Apple and MS combined. Stop using all of those and then what? Maybe you have an old UNIX machine somewhere?

Click News - Following, Uncheck anything you don't care for.

You could also delete the app.

Google is far more invasive.

Has Google EVER gone to court to PROTECT your privacy?

Delete the news app (I did). Easy peasy! As for big tech I will sadly use iOS whatever (14.2?) over the Android flavor of the day. If want some semblance of privacy I'll fire up my VPN and then use DuckDuckGo. Far from perfect but the best I can do on the phone.

As for the Fuck Apple crowd:. how you feeling about Bill Gates and Microsoft? Maybe using Google's OS? Oh wait, they're worse than Apple and MS combined. Stop using all of those and then what? Maybe you have an old UNIX machine somewhere?

I'm not sure if you've heard about this new fangled thing called Linux.....

You should give it a try sometime, find a distro you like, or you can even roll your own from the source.
Then you can use all these great open source programs that you can also mod however you like.

The best part is that you can usually load it on just about any PC and many Apple laptops / desktops.

For Phone devices, well I'll let you know once I get my Librem5 how it works.

I'm not sure if you've heard about this new fangled thing called Linux.....

You should give it a try sometime, find a distro you like, or you can even roll your own from the source.
Then you can use all these great open source programs that you can also mod however you like.

The best part is that you can usually load it on just about any PC and many Apple laptops / desktops.

For Phone devices, well I'll let you know once I get my Librem5 how it works.

I have seriously been considering using a live disk of Linux. That plus TOR should make as invisible as possible?

You said you don't use the app all that often, so why not just stop using it all together if it pisses you off so much?

The problem isn’t Apple alone, the problem is left coast rooted big tech. They’re all competing to be the “best” lib organization of the bunch.

I have seriously been considering using a live disk of Linux. That plus TOR should make as invisible as possible?

What are you trying to hide and who are you trying to be invisible from?
Tor may be more trouble than it's worth to you and just a decent Linux distro is enough.
Or Tor may be not nearly secure enough without a bit of work.

If you want to try both, you could download Tails which is Tor built into a custom Linux live boot distribution: