• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Applied Ballistics depressed BCs due to SG <1.5

I think you got aware of that to happen from Bryan Litzes Book "Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting". In the same chapter (2: Stability and Drag - Supersonic) he describes the effects of Stability vs Drag he writes QUOTE: "Serious Ballistic Solvers (such as Applied Ballistics Mobile) apply corrections for marginal stability scenarios so that the trajectory predictions are accurate" QUOTE END
But I´m seriously interested in that answer, because I see no difference in Results comparing strelok pro to Kestrel Elite in a SG 1.2 Scenario....
I do not have the AB Mobile App, but I assume, that the Kestrel with Applied Ballistic is also considered as "serious ballistic solver".
I´ll give it another try this evening comparing the same GUN/AMMO/CONDITION Data exept the twist (1:10/1:12) within the Kestrel. If the quote above is true, there should be a difference between the curves. Because one has marinal stability and the other has decent stability....

@DocUSMCRetired

Thanks Doc. Just so I'm clear NONE of the following AB Solvers listed below (even if using AB derived CDMs) adjust thier solution for a low Sg (<1.5) compromised projectile.

AB Mobile (Droid or iOS)
SK2400AB
Kestrel 5700 Elite

As expected after Doc´s Reply:
Exact Same Elevation for a SG1.2 vs SG1.5 Scenario from the Kestrel 5700 Elite.

@DocUSMCRetired

Thanks Doc. Just so I'm clear NONE of the following AB Solvers listed below (even if using AB derived CDMs) adjust thier solution for a low Sg (<1.5) compromised projectile.

AB Mobile (Droid or iOS)
SK2400AB
Kestrel 5700 Elite

Correct. We do provide the SG in different devices so you can see the stability factor. But we are putting more research in our lab in to this subject.

Reactions: BravoSierra