• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Applied Ballistics vs Actual Data

Southern180

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2019
Alabama
Been at this a little short of 2 years so be nice!

When trueing dope on BA all works well out to about 600yds based on fps from labrador, after 7 and 800 yards I can true again using app but after trueing my closer date is off by .4 to .6 tenths. Should I be making two separate data sheets , one for close and one for far?

When trueing dope on BA all works well out to about 600yds based on fps from labrador, after 7 and 800 yards I can true again using app but after trueing my closer date is off by .4 to .6 tenths. Should I be making two separate data sheets , one for close and one for far?

At the K&M precision rifle course, we trued our ballistic coefficients out to 1200 yards using actual data. The bullet is the most honest data point you'll find if the shooter is squared away. My Berger 130-gr. G7 BC was 0.276 as opposed to the published 0.288. You might try something like that out.

What bullet are you shooting? Are you using our CDM or a BC from the manufacturer or?

Not sure what CDM stands for, I'm using App. Ballistics

Custom Drag Model. Are you using a CDM, BC from our Library, or BC from the Manufacturer?

You should not need more than a single profile for a projectile in nearly all cases. The only exception to this is when you have a suppressor and you have a suppressed vs un-suppressed profile for the same rifle to account for the POI shift when removing the suppressor.

Didnt wanna open a new thread, so hijacking this one :p just got the new garmin tactix and put two rifles in. Both have zero at 100 yds but the app / watch will give me .07mil up for one and .05mil up for the other rifle if putting in 100yds distance. Anyone an idea why?

You have anything in the wind? DOF? Turn of aj, Coriolanus, SD?
had 5mph wind but from 9 o clock, wouldnt have thought that makes a difference - checked all the rest but not wind. Thanks, went back to 0 after removing the wind :)

Why would you need to give elevation at 100 yds for a almost non existent wind from 90deg sideways though?

had 5mph wind but from 9 o clock, wouldnt have thought that makes a difference - checked all the rest but not wind. Thanks, went back to 0 after removing the wind :)

Why would you need to give elevation at 100 yds for a almost non existent wind from 90deg sideways though?
AJ

What he said. Aerodynamic jump. Set wind1 to zero and it will go away.