• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR-10 Barrles

Xanitos

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Western NC
Long Time Lurker here! Guys I am putting together an AR10 I would like to run with a 18 inch barrel!For mid range shooting and close quarters. I have my bolt gun for distance! I was wondering if any one had any input on gas system length and reliability. And I will be running a suppressor if that is of any consequence. Any input will be appreciated!
Thanks You in advance!

Re: AR-10 Barrles

Really that's what i was thinking originally. The reason I ask is that is that Noveske uses the carbine length gas system. And everyone speaks highly of them! I was going to use them but the wait now and my funding has made me just buy peaces when i can!

I would have to recommend the carbine gas system. There is a reason Noveske has such a following. Armalite themselves will recommend Noveske for any custom build. Since you are considering a suppressor in the future, make sure to either get the SASS gas system from Armalite or the Switch Block from Noveske. I am also going to recommend getting the muzzle brake from http://www.opsinc.us this way you are planning ahead for your can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt.Dozer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or the Switch Block from Noveske.</div></div>

AFAIK - There is no AR-10 switch block, yet.

I already have a can I got the YHM 7.62 because of quick disconnect! I got it at cost and it was all i could get for what my funds would allow at the time! Although I would love and Ops Inc Suppressor! haha If u Know any where i could get a custom Muzzle break made with ops inc break and yhm threads? Ill look into the gas system!

Guys, I really appreciate the input!

To tell u truth I have No idea! I would have to call them I could prob send them the one off my rifle so they could get measurements!

switch block is not nessesary to run right. i have 3 that run like a top suppressed and unsuppressed
C

Sgt Dozer,

Could you point me in the direction of the place i could get the custom break?
Thanks

Ok Guys one more question! Do u have any idea where i could order an 18 inch barrel with a carbine length gas system other than Noveske? I expect a long wait and that is fine!
Tnanks

I passed your email over to Archie. He will probably catch up with you this weekend... Now to answer your barrel question... Get in touch with these guys www.ar-10-rifles.com They will make what you want in less time than if you were to order from most vendors.