• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR 10 VS M1A EBR

Re: AR 10 VS M1A EBR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a big difference in clearing a room within the laws of the civi world vs the Military. Rooms were cleared with 30-40 Kregs, 03's, M1's, an M14's, from more years than most of you have been alive. I don't recall those guys bitching an whining about the weapons they used. </div></div>
True but did they have any other options? Did they complain about cutlass and cannon?

If given a choice between a Garand or a Thompson for the task of room clearing only, do you think a WWII era soldier would choose the Garand or the Tommy? I would draw the same comparison between a full sized rifle (be it 14 or 16) and the MK18.

Ship boardings are not the same as a patrol happening across a building that needs to be searched and doing the best you can with the gear you have on you. From that standpoint I understand making do and accepting what you have to work with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
He's showing Joe how to clear ships right now with the Barrett 50 CQB edition and BUIS from a helo at 1000 yards with real Operators. </div></div>

pfft 1000 yards that's too easy for him I bet.

Google searching for Hydra67 all I find are Playstation/Xbox callsigns (coincidentally all the games associated with them are call-of-duty-ish, imagine my surprise).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Patriot Prepper, you will learn that quality trumps quantity..... Sending 2 rounds down range and making a few holes doesnt really qualify the system for anything other than 2 shot strings until that BSA goes tits up because the 20th round fired under it was just to much for it.....

What is it your prepping for, being attacked by paper at your bench? Or do you want equipment that has survivability? </div></div>

I do believe in quality. Just don't like wasting money - the extra accuracy of the Les Baer is not justifiable in my case. I never criticized the Les Baer as stated. I like having at least 2 of everything. Two is one and one is none.

I have used Rock River rifles for over 4 years and have shot tens of thousands of rounds through my ARs without a hick up. I consider them reliable for my purposes.

I do not use the BSA - it was a scope I purchased for a .22LR. I mounted it on the LAR 8 while waiting for a new scope. All the scopes on my precision guns Super Sniper scopes and Nightforce scopes. Eventually they will ALL have Nightforce scopes.

I suppose an expert like yourself only owns a rifle that can never fail.

There is an expression that a armed society is a polite society. However, I have found that it does not apply to people on a forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patriot Prepper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is an expression that a armed society is a polite society. However, I have found that it does not apply to people on a forum. </div></div>

Ha ha ha...that would certainly be correct. You've gotta have a pretty thick skin to survive on here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patriot Prepper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is an expression that a armed society is a polite society. However, I have found that it does not apply to people on a forum. </div></div>

Ha ha ha...that would certainly be correct. You've gotta have a pretty thick skin to survive on here. </div></div>

I have fairly thick skin, but not as thick as my skull. Oh well.

Like your POF - made in the USA - every part. Great gun.

PP, what exactly is your life worth? The point I am making is kind of like when people ask me about motorcycle helmets. If you have a 10 dollar head, get a 10 dollar helmet. If you value your noggin, cough up the green. I dont believe it really came clear in your video that the BSA was a junk drawer optic you tossed on there. Certainly optics like Nighforce have a proven track record and is what I would expect to see on a rifle with an intended purpose other than a square range. Look Im not an equipment snob but you need to understand that anyone touting the names Counterniper, BSA, Barska etc etc are going to come immediatly under greater scrutiny as to their credibility around here. Especially someone such as yourself that is putting videos out there which can be construed as advice.

As I am sure you know, everything can fail. But past performance is the best predictor of future performance. As I have said a million times buy once, cry once. But I also admit there is likely a point of diminished returns when you exceed a certain price point. But simply, I buy the best I can afford. Best does not mean most expensive, although they do seem to be close friends!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP, what exactly is your life worth? The point I am making is kind of like when people ask me about motorcycle helmets. If you have a 10 dollar head, get a 10 dollar helmet. If you value your noggin, cough up the green. I dont believe it really came clear in your video that the BSA was a junk drawer optic you tossed on there. Certainly optics like Nighforce have a proven track record and is what I would expect to see on a rifle with an intended purpose other than a square range. Look Im not an equipment snob but you need to understand that anyone touting the names Counterniper, BSA, Barska etc etc are going to come immediatly under greater scrutiny as to their credibility around here. Especially someone such as yourself that is putting videos out there which can be construed as advice.

As I am sure you know, everything can fail. But past performance is the best predictor of future performance. As I have said a million times buy once, cry once. But I also admit there is likely a point of diminished returns when you exceed a certain price point. But simply, I buy the best I can afford. Best does not mean most expensive, although they do seem to be close friends! </div></div>

In the above post I said that my skull was pretty thick. I never wore helmets when riding a motorcycle, until they initiated helmet laws where I used to live. I was in a bad motorcycle accident and almost lost my foot. I was wearing a helmet (due to the law) and their were pieces of gravel imbedded in it. I can be stubborn and stupid at times, and I would guess that my head is not as hard as I think it is.

I think there is a miscommunication here. In the video, I said that the BSA was not a permanent scope. That is a 32 or 36 power scope that I use on my .22LR rifle to shoot 100 or 200 yards - that was stated in the video.

I would never use a BSA for a tactical scope if I has a choice. The gun now has a Super Sniper scope on it. And my bolt gun .308 has a Nightforce. When funds arrive, I will start updating most of my guns to Nightforce scopes.

Thanks for the input and advice on scopes. Yes a BSA is not optimal for that gun. It was a temporary scope I used while I was waiting to buy different scope. That is why it was changed immediately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Patriot Prepper</div></div>

What exactly is a prepper? </div></div>

I can only give you my definition. When I use "we" I am talking about myself and the preppers I know and associate with.

A prepper supports the Constitution, and defends the 2nd Amendment. We are, in my case, firm supporters of the NRA and GOA. We believe in our country and are willing to defend it. We believe in liberty.

We also believe in being prepared for disaster - natural and/or manmade. That means being as self sufficient as possible. Generally we are like most people, not much different, except we refuse to be victims. We want to be prepared and handle any negative situation that we face.

In the process of being prepared, we will store food and supplies, as well as have a bug out location. In the this months issue of Shooting Illustrated, an NRA publication, they printed an article on Bug Out Bags and bugging out. Almost all Preppers have bug out bags.

Like any group, their are many different types of people with many points of view. Not all preppers are the same or think alike.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is having all things stached and completey ready having yourself prep smeared? </div></div>

Not sure what the question is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP,

I don't understand why having 2 rifles is important. Why not just a few parts kits? </div></div>

In the event of a complete financial collapse or other disaster, I may not be able to ever buy another rifle. Part kits only replace the parts that wear out, but they cannot fix a major malfunction if something were to break.

Also I have most of my preps in various locations called retreats. If the SHTF I just bug out and have everything I need duplicated. Of course I hope that never happens. Or at least I can get all my things to one location before then. It's just a prepper philosophy that not everyone holds or can afford to do.

I also have bought rifles and supplies for others when they cannot afford them.

I have been prepping for over 35 years - I actually enjoy almost every aspect of it. I love survival, backpacking, camping, shooting guns, and going to my retreat to away from the crowded city. It energizes me to do these things and at the same time, I am able to survive if there were a cataclysmic event. A person either understands it or they don't. Recently there have been a lot of people who started prepping.

My neighbors are some weird sect of Jehova's Witnesses that stockpile food like there's no tomorrow yet don't own weapons of any kind.

When the apocalypse hits I'll just go next door
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My neighbors are some weird sect of Jehova's Witnesses that stockpile food like there's no tomorrow yet don't own weapons of any kind.

When the apocalypse hits I'll just go next door
smile.gif
</div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bGeVnADW8gc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bGeVnADW8gc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patriot Prepper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also have bought rifles and supplies for others when they cannot afford them. </div></div>

Alas... I am poor and unprepared... could you spare a rifle? even a 1911 would help?

That video reminds me of the looney tunes old geezer who lives next door to me. He's an old friend of my father's and would take me fishing when I was a kid. Now he's lost his mind and steals my fence posts.

I hope when I get that old I still have enough marbles to figure out how to end it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patriot Prepper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is having all things stached and completey ready having yourself prep smeared? </div></div>

Not sure what the question is. </div></div>

That's an easy one, pee pee ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP,

I don't understand why having 2 rifles is important. Why not just a few parts kits? </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZY_uGAx3rxE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZY_uGAx3rxE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ask the guy from Ajax!

Boston's Gun Bible is a great book that compares each gun and other .308 battle rifles like the FAL and HK 91. The author describes each gun in a very detailed (almost scientific)manner and compares each of them (including the AR 10)using a rating system. I think if you read the section on the battle rifle you'd be convinced as I am that the M1A is the only way to go.

Check it out http://www.amazon.com/Bostons-Gun-Bible-Boston-Party/dp/1888766069

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stu2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boston's Gun Bible is a great book that compares each gun and other .308 battle rifles like the FAL and HK 91. The author describes each gun in a very detailed (almost scientific)manner and compares each of them (including the AR 10)using a rating system. I think if you read the section on the battle rifle you'd be convinced as I am that the M1A is the only way to go.

Check it out http://www.amazon.com/Bostons-Gun-Bible-Boston-Party/dp/1888766069
</div></div>

Uhhh... no....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sterling Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP,

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZY_uGAx3rxE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZY_uGAx3rxE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Ask the guy from Ajax! </div></div>

Great show. I love a good Chevy Chase movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy hell how did I miss this?

So full of win I don't even have anything to add. </div></div>

Oh come on now... You know you want to add something...
laugh.gif

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelers but...if the M1A really were 'that great' it would have been adopted en masse as a service rifle not only by the US but by our allies as well. Instead they went with the FN-FAL and HK pattern rifles. And yes, when they chose those rifles they did test the M1A as well.

The only country that concluded the M1A was better than those other rifles was the US...and we only used it as a general issue rifle for a short while.

It's a good rifle...but to say it's 'the best' is a stretch.

After reading this thread 5 times, I still can't figure out what the OP wants. Maybe he wants to uber clear the room from 500-100yds...

In that case, f-it and call in an AS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a good rifle...but to say it's 'the best' is a stretch. </div></div>

There is no best, they are all a compromise for the different types of folks using them, and the different types of engagement.
A M16 sucks for distance engagements, a M14 sucks for very close. But take a guy that was correctly trained on either and he will make that weapon look/work good no matter what. Now take a guy that is there for reasons other than the hunt, it matters little what he carries, it's not the best an XXX is his choice.
Give him XXX and listen to what happens after his first contact with it,....if he's able.

Everything issued, is a trade off,... even chow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't want to hurt anyone's feelers but...if the M1A really were 'that great' it would have been adopted en masse as a service rifle not only by the US but by our allies as well. Instead they went with the FN-FAL and HK pattern rifles. And yes, when they chose those rifles they did test the M1A as well.

The only country that concluded the M1A was better than those other rifles was the US...and we only used it as a general issue rifle for a short while.

It's a good rifle...but to say it's 'the best' is a stretch.</div></div>

I think the M14 costs significantly more to produce than those rifles. The receiver is probably one of the most complex receivers to make out of any gun.

I'm one of those that considers it one of best battle rifles, however I don't consider any AR a battle rifle. The AR-15 is an assault rifle (and a damn fine one). I would argue the M14 over the AR-10 in the battle rifle role, however the AR-10 would be superior as a precision rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think the M14 costs significantly more to produce than those rifles. The receiver is probably one of the most complex receivers to make out of any gun.

I'm one of those that considers it one of best battle rifles, however I don't consider any AR a battle rifle. The AR-15 is an assault rifle (and a damn fine one). I would argue the M14 over the AR-10 in the battle rifle role, however the AR-10 would be superior as a precision rifle. </div></div>

In real torture/reliability testing, the AR (M110K, POF, OBR, HK417, & JP) platforms far exceeded the M1A (M14) platforms in durability, reliability and accuracy.

The M14 is a damn good "battle rifle". It wasn't designed nor was sub MOA needed, just to hit the "target". Sure it would be nice*sarcasm*to knick the legs of a flea on a fly's ass at 600yds*sarcasm* but to get that type of precision out of a battle rifle even after glass bedding, lugged receiver, NM barrel, welded OP rod etc will cost MORE than just getting an AR10 platform designed for subMOA/MOA from the factory. Plus keeping a Match grade M14/M1A operating at those levels takes more maintenance than a Tiger Tank.

If one has to crawl through the muck you need a battle rifle, if you are gonna be dropped on some hiltop then take the laser rifle(pun).

First rifle I competed with was a Garand with the PSMA back in the mid 80's. I also used the M1A and both worked for what they were out to 600yds, we shot 1000yds but i could barely make out the dang target with irons. As the post above states "it's a good rifle"

I guess asking which one is better, an M1A EBR or an AR 10 is like asking whether you like Fords or Chevys better. Everyone has their opinion. I reccomended the book <span style="text-decoration: underline">Boston's Gun Bible</span> because I thought is was fairly objective and it gives details as to "why" not just that its better.

Koz- Who says?
laugh.gif
Can you state a case study that proves that as fact or is it your opinion. I seem to recall the AR platform having problems in Vietnam and in the desert. The funny thing is they need to be kept pretty clean to work well. For the desert enviroments they had to change to dry lube. Dry lube is OK but the gun was designed with oil in mind. IMO "wet" lubricants perform better. Now, a piston AR vs a gas impingement type might be better. The M1A of course has the piston type already. It's funny to watch the AR industry shift back to the piston again. I havn't seen too many piston AR10s yet. Supposedly, they are less accurate according to this FA Article. But, everything has a trade off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stu2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, a piston AR vs a gas impingement type might be better. The M1A of course has the piston type already. It's funny to watch the AR industry shift back to the piston again. I havn't seen too many piston AR10s yet. Supposedly, they are less accurate according to FA http://www.fulton-armory.com/\faqs\AR-FAQs\WhyNotaGasPistonAR.htm But everything has a trade off. </div></div>

Lol... Piston vs. DI? We're really gonna hit all cylinders with this thread, lol
grin.gif
Time to make some more popcorn...

tumblr_lols30rUm71qeiwtao1_500.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stu2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Koz- Who says?
laugh.gif
Can you state a case study that proves that as fact or is it your opinion. I seem to recall the AR platform having problems in Vietnam and in the desert. The funny thing is they need to be kept pretty clean to work well. For the desert enviroments they had to change to dry lube. Dry lube is OK but the gun was designed with oil in mind. IMO "wet" lubricants perform better. Now, a piston AR vs a gas impingement type might be better. The M1A of course has the piston type already. It's funny to watch the AR industry shift back to the piston again. I havn't seen too many piston AR10s yet. Supposedly, they are less accurate according to this FA Article. But, everything has a trade off. </div></div>

Not my opinion, real #'s. The AR DI platforms were just as reliable as the piston AR's (These are all 7.62 platforms). As far as accuracy - they're all (piston and DI AR's) more accurate than the M1A. The LWRC, POF and HK417 are all accurate rifles. That's all I will say about it.

I'm not saying the M1A is a bad weapon, there are just better ones out there. The AR platforms have been updated, the M1A's really haven't. You can't compare the Vietnam weapons to anything now.

If L/R accuracy is the deciding factor for battlefield weapons, why is our win column lacking?

I don't know what the battlefield limits of the M14 family really is, because I've never found them myself.
It seems many folks have issue separating reality an perception.
So for you "Ex-perts" ----> Perception, is what you have prior to a real engagement,... But rest assured, Reality, will be along very quickly, there after.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydra 67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably should mention this will be a duty rifle and in use by the designated marksman... </div></div>

What LE agency is making 1000yd shots? . </div></div>

They all are in their own minds and they are all <span style="font-style: italic">operators</span> in their own minds.

I'm a fan of the M1A. The only one I own is an 18" bush rifle. I had it it a Sage EBR Mod 0 stock for a bit. It was a MOA gun - in the wood stock or in the EBR stock. I sold the EBR stock recently as it was to unwieldy for my liking. My next project will be to slap it into a Juggernaut Tactical Rogue chassis. I think that is the only real way to make the M1A platform work for your purposes. Stick with a 16" or 18" variant and you'll be good form one end of the ship to another yet still remain compact enough for some CQB work.

With all that said, however, I'm starting to really get the bug for a AR-10 style rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...We're really gonna hit all cylinders with this thread, lol
grin.gif
Time to make some more popcorn...</div></div>

The Hide needs a Hall of Fame, and this thread needs to go in it.

Here's my experience with an M14SA. In 2008 I acquired a TWR M14 parts kit including the GI barrel. I kept the rifle as issued except of course the LRB M14SA receiver until this year. This year I added a Sadlak scope mount switched to GI glass stock and replaced the front sling swivel with an attachment point for a Harris bipod.

The barrel is a standard 1:12 twist so it doesn't shoot the heavier bullets well but does OK with M80 ball. A recent trip to the range produced a 500 yard group with a max spread of 1.474 MOA, avg to center of .573 MOA calculations by ONtarget. I doubt that up grading to a mid weight barrel with a 1:10 twist would produce much better. The rifle has a good bit of jump which makes a quick second shot more difficult.

I have been told my M14SA maybe worth as much as 3 to 4K I don't know if true or not but I don't think would pay that for an M14SA or M1A today.

IMO the modern AR 10 is a superior rifle to the 1950's M14. Having had the privilege to shoot with some really first class pro's I am completely convinced of that so much so I am half way through assembling an AR10.

My advice to anyone that wants to become a thousand yard shooter master 500 and 600 first, by the time that happens 1000 yard equipment choices will be well understood.

The only way you will fail is to quit.

I had hopped to post some pictures but can't seem to do it.

Lol... Piston vs. DI? We're really gonna hit all cylinders with this thread, lol
grin.gif
Time to make some more popcorn...

tumblr_lols30rUm71qeiwtao1_500.gif
[/quote]

FUCKING LoL!!!!!!

In the world of compromise we live,and you dismiss ammo commonality,ziptie caliber requirements and supply issues...an AR 15 in 6.5 G,w/ 16 bbl, would fill the bill better than most...lighter,smaller than either of your first choices...enough energy,velocity to get near the edge of your defined range envelope...plenty accurate...and would only blow out 3 Windows of a phone booth,instead of all 4 if fired from inside..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydra 67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all!!

Im looking at getting my foot in the door for long range shooting. I want a weapon that not only can reach to 1000 yards but also be used for room clearing if need be.

I have narrowed it down to AR 10 ( POF 308 20") or a M1A put in a SAGE EBR chassis.

Key details i need is...

1 MOA capable

Must be very reliable

Pros and cons to each system? I am familiar with the AR system but dont have any strong attachment to it.

Thanks for letting me pick your brains and sorry this is a repost. </div></div>

Hhhmmmm .... need to think about this one.

Think I'll go in the corner and whittle some while I ponder the possibilities!

You're really making us think on this one!

scared-monkey.png

At-10 for sure. After market accessories are far easier to mount. Little gunsmith ing required. Weight and balance can be altered easly. Caliber choice can be changed. Optics can be mounted and removed in no time. It is simple to alter the rifle to fit the shooters needs compared to the m1.
DGI is fine unless you plan on shooting full auto at multiple targets. If using a suppressor then you need to keep the barrel short.
You are not going to build the perfect sniper / CBQ system in one rifle. You need to lean in one direction and suffer in the other. I would look at Larue for your rifle. Alter it for your needs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ammo dog 2311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At-10 for sure. After market accessories are far easier to mount. Little gunsmith ing required. Weight and balance can be altered easly. Caliber choice can be changed. Optics can be mounted and removed in no time. It is simple to alter the rifle to fit the shooters needs compared to the m1.
DGI is fine unless you plan on shooting full auto at multiple targets. If using a suppressor then you need to keep the barrel short.
You are not going to build the perfect sniper / CBQ system in one rifle. You need to lean in one direction and suffer in the other. I would look at Larue for your rifle. Alter it for your needs. </div></div>

What's an At-10 and DGI?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ammo dog 2311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At-10 for sure. After market accessories are far easier to mount. Little gunsmith ing required. Weight and balance can be altered easly. Caliber choice can be changed. Optics can be mounted and removed in no time. It is simple to alter the rifle to fit the shooters needs compared to the m1.
You are not going to build the perfect sniper / CBQ system in one rifle. You need to lean in one direction and suffer in the other. I would look at Larue for your rifle. Alter it for your needs. </div></div>

What's an At-10 and DGI? </div></div>

I assume he fat fingered the "T" instead of the "R". And on the DGI, maybe he meant "DI" or Direct Gas Impingement. Just guessing.