• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR-15, AR-10 Reference Book

Lefty Lucas

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2006
Western KY
I am looking for a AR-15, AR-10 book or manual that is up to date on the how-to and what for of putting an AR-15, AR-10 together.
I am putting my first AR-10 together this winter and i would like a Reference book to go by. There are so many out there don't know what to get.

Thanks
Lefty Lucas

Re: AR-15, AR-10 Reference Book

Glen Zediker's shop guide to building competitive ARs, hands down the best single source on the market. Large, clear photos of each and every step, reasons why you may or may not wish to do them, and a variety of different systems of handguards, flaot tubes, gas blocks, triggers, sights and eveything else you can think of for building an AR from the ground up.

Should be able to get it through Midway, Sinclair or the other usual suspects.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glen Zediker's shop guide to building competitive ARs, hands down the best single source on the market. Large, clear photos of each and every step, reasons why you may or may not wish to do them, and a variety of different systems of handguards, flaot tubes, gas blocks, triggers, sights and eveything else you can think of for building an AR from the ground up.

Should be able to get it through Midway, Sinclair or the other usual suspects. </div></div>

Ditto. You couldn't get a better first suggestion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Thomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glen Zediker's shop guide to building competitive ARs, hands down the best single source on the market. Large, clear photos of each and every step, reasons why you may or may not wish to do them, and a variety of different systems of handguards, flaot tubes, gas blocks, triggers, sights and eveything else you can think of for building an AR from the ground up.

Should be able to get it through Midway, Sinclair or the other usual suspects. </div></div>

Awesome book

Thanks guys Glenn's book is what I was looking at on Brownell's website the other day but I thought I better ask first.I'll get one ordered.

thanks
Lefty lucas

So, out of curiosity, starting with an empty bench, how much does it cost to purchase the tools necessary to build a ½moa AR?

All you really need is a upper vice block an armorers wrench a few punches and headspace gauges(or buy a HS'd bolt when you buy the bbl)a pivot pin installation tool is real handy
All the tools minus the HS guages can be had for around a hundred and twenty bucks