• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AR 15 tool kit

Tex1970

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2008
Seattle, Washington . USA
Between the kids and myself we own 6 AR 15's. That said I am looking for advice to put together a good quality tool kit to assemble and dis assembly these rifles. Most are RRA, and one LMT if that makes a difference. I own lots of regular tools so weapon specific tools are what I am interested in. Also any AR 15 for dummies books, or tapes would also help. I plan to build one from scratch just to get my lips wrapped around it. I shot the M16 and was taught how to do remedial service but nothing to this degree. I tried a search, probably not very well, so if this has already been covered just point me in the right direction. Thanks for all the heads up.

Re: AR 15 tool kit

definitley a upper and barrel block, set of straight taper drift punches, a barrel wrench, snap ring pliers, set of allen keys