• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR as primary

Re: AR as primary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading this

I kind of feel nikked with just a 642 in my pocket. </div></div>

Yes, but we also feel more confident that it <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> a 642 and that you aren't merely happy to see us.

I just pissed my pants.

Why do you need a plate carrier....?

Look up Ranger v. Special Forces.

Then you will piss your pants.

I needed that this morning.

t231478_my%20head%20is%20full%20of%20fuck.jpg

Isn't this why we have the nuclear triad? I'd like to see zombies get past a carrier strike group. I think they've got it covered.

Mods, I feel that all these 'Zombie' references are derogatory.

I prefer to call them: Undead Americans.

After all, having limited mobility and voice problems are disabilities. We shouldn't stigmatize them.

Perhaps they wouldn't want to eat our flesh if we were not so mean to them.

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=87769

by bf2wesley » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi,
I've been reading the forums for a while now, and figured I should join (actually, I come here so frequently I thought I had already made an account, and I tried logging in, and realized I hadn't made one yet). I came across ZS whilst searching for SHTF med-kits ... let's just say I was impressed with some of the kits I saw. <span style="font-weight: bold">About me, not much, I'm 20, am into prepping, love shooting, and yearn for the day when I get to introduce my FUBAR to a zombie.</span>
Wesleybf2wesley

</div></div>

And dreams of being a super hero ...

gbc3zt.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mods, I feel that all these 'Zombie' references are derogatory.

I prefer to call them: Undead Americans.

After all, having limited mobility and voice problems are disabilities. We shouldn't stigmatize them.

Perhaps they wouldn't want to eat our flesh if we were not so mean to them.

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Admit it Graham, you're looking forward to the zombie apocalypse because you've already got the paperwork all ready to file a class-action suit on their behalf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bf2wesley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Disclaimer: Mods, if I posted this in the wrong place, I apologize, please move it or direct me to the appropriate place, thank you. Also, this is going to be a very long, detailed, and probably confusing post. I’ll do my best to be succinct and lucid; however there is a lot to cover …
</div></div>

Pro-tip: If you can't find a forum where you feel your post is appropriate, perhaps you should consider if maybe there is a larger reason as to why.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Admit it Graham, you're looking forward to the zombie apocalypse because you've already got the paperwork all ready to file a class-action suit on their behalf. </div></div>I saw the movie Zombieland (twice). If those poor misguided former-humans had been better organized, and had hired a more capable lobby group, then it would not have been legal - never mind acceptable - to simply gun them down in the streets.
wink.gif

I'm a bit embarrassed for the OP.
That's one hell of an epic first post though.

My suggestion is take the blue pill.

<sarcasum> Post #1...Didn't see that coming </sarcasum>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a bit embarrassed for the OP.
That's one hell of an epic first post though.

My suggestion is take the blue pill. </div></div>

Just imagine how tough it's going to be to come up with a second that doesn't fall short and disappoint.

Onward and downward!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bf2wesley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">-Adam’s Arms piston kit</span></span>
-FRS anti carrier tilt buffer (to complement the above piston kit)
<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">- Noveske Switchblock </span></span>(I know it’s a clamp-on, so to be safe, I’ll have ADCO drill a taper pin hole and pin it, it will also be well shrouded by the rail)
</div></div>

Didn't realize the AA kit and Noveske switchblock was compatible with each other.

Seems like the OP just copy and pasted a bunch of popular stuff together and made it a post. Is this suppose to be informative?

OP is not trolling, he's also registered on 4C, LF, Zombieforums (??) and posted that inane paranoid jive.

I see he's also registered on SOCNET; I wish he'd post that shit there ....

Quote "Hold on, wtf is going on in here? I had to actually use my scroll wheel to get through all that crap, hibidy hobbody nonsense.

to the OP: I'll sell you a slightly used, Cabelas Big Game Hunt 2012, with the facny gun controller for $50.00 Harness the power..."

This is too much fun, LMAO at work reading this thread. I cannot believe PJ has not responded, I guess kindergarten is still in session..

My clients keep looking at me funny because every few posts i read i smile like a fool. Even re-reading this from the beginning continues to make me smile even though i've read through it 3-4 times!

I really miss the way the hide was a few years ago.(less shat)

I can't even read all that BS to give myself some laughs, not worth the effort.

K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hold on, wtf is going on in here? I had to actually use my scroll wheel to get through all that crap, hibidy hobbody nonsense.

to the OP: I'll sell you a slightly used, Cabelas Big Game Hunt 2012, with the facny gun controller for $50.00 Harness the power... </div></div>

Fuck, is that for PC? I'd buy the shit out of that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HINT:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bf2wesley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

(tier 4) Think the juggernauts from Modern Warfare

</div></div>

Seriously, it's like every gunforum vomited on one singular post. Unbelievable

To the OP, you ARE the "brown bear" my friend.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evr_tP9cJWY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evr_tP9cJWY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Now I know how my dad must feel when he watches House tell fat people to stop eating cake and wasting his time.

If the OP has read all these replies, he probably thinking:

rage-comics-way-stop-rage-1.jpg

.... or he's trying to hunt us all down so he can murder us (like the juggernauts in MW3)

WOW...everyone needs a dream. Me ,myself would like 40 acres which would cost less than what this high schooler is going to acquire all by july making minimum wage.

My big question is did someone put you up to this post? Are you shanksters little brother or something?

What an awesome thread! bf2wesley, gotta give you props for really kicking the hornet's nest with this one!

This is what happens when you drink beer and surf the net.... You end up wasting precious energy on some dumbass who just wants to get into your catatonic happiness and get you to respond.

What a waste of time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mission_fail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man. Everyone scared him away. We should of entertained him enough to post one more piece of original material. </div></div>
We need to designate someone to troll the internets for his activity on other sites so we can follow the development process. Could be a pretty rewarding experience.

I wonder where he planned on getting the funding for all these weapons? Trust fund baby???

This guy posted this to at least two other forums and got pretty much the same response.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bf2wesley, my recommendation is to paste this into www.warriortalk.com if you want to be taken seriously. </div></div>

ROFL

Thanks for the replies. I did not mean to cause such a ruckus, and I am not trying to troll; I wish I had made it crystal clear that I don't plan on buying anything but the rifle (with the Aimpoint, sling, and white light), the pistol (with just the X300, nothing else), and the war belt to start; everything else is just a wish at this point, and I probably won't have 1/2 of it in 10 years. I definitely learned my lesson, I really know what NOT to do now.

The "juggernauts from Modern Warfare" and the zombies comments (on ZombieSquad)were supposed to be jokes, but that clearly didn't work.

CSAR FE: I'm not a PJ (wish I was), I am a civilian; but I have the utmost respect for them and use that portion of their motto as my sig because I like it and it has meaning to me. If it offends you, please PM me and I will remove it. Oh, and I do wish I had not made my original post, but lesson learned and I'm not gonna hide because I made a mistake.

rideHPD: the reason I'm starting with a centerfire pistol and a carbine (and then a shotgun) is because I cover just about all the bases with them, and want to get into 3-gun. I volunteer as an RSO at a range where I can really train, so it makes sense to me to relegate the .22 for last, as I have the least actual use/need for it. Also, I have a budget that incorporates a 3-month buffer, for exactly that "uncertain future" you mentioned.

sandwarrior: I am trying to find what works (hence the long and short-term plans above), and I don't believe in the Mayan calender. I would love to get a bolt-gun, but the one that I would like is simply out of my price range, so I plan on waiting till it's in my price range (the pistol, rifle, shotgun, and basic kit all together are still less than a DTA with good glass). Also, I don't bird-hunt (or do much hunting at all, actually).

chittnp: I really, really regret that Call of Duty reference (I don't play it, heck, I don't even own a TV). I can't imagine a situation where I would need all of it at once either, but I can imagine different situations where I would need different parts of my list.

VTgunner: it took quite a while, actually. Basically an amalgam of the research I have done (both online and at the range) over the past year or more.

ggmanning: it's probably over thought and it may be silly, but I'd rather start with a thorough plan than none at all.

wPAShooter: I don't have much training yet, because I don't have the guns yet. I should have the pistol and carbine in hand by the beginning of April, and I am taking a 3 day carbine course (by Haley Strategic) and a 5 day pistol course (by Tactical Response) in late May and early June, respectively.

IdahoMike: I'm 20, I'll be 21 in late March.

Ratbert: thanks for the tip, I just wish I had known that two days ago. I also should have asked the mod via a PM, which is what I'll do next time I post anything even remotely like this.

Glockandroll: I'll check it out, thank you (but I'm gonna follow Ratbert's advice, methinks).

Inogame: I'm embarrassed for the OP too! And I think I already took the red pill, oops

Veer_G: you're telling me! I am just trying to prevent myself from being labeled as a permanent asshat

Eric Blais: I may be dumb, but I'm not that dumb

rusty762: I am posting as soon as I can, I got home late today and immediately went into damage control mode. I've been trying to bail water for the past three hours (I got home at 2300, and it's now just shy of 0200).

Kevin7714: it isn't BS, I actually put a good deal of time and effort into that post (apparently too much). I'm sorry it came across that way

RebelYell: this post is my dream, no one else's. I only know (in person) one guy on Sniper's Hide anyway

I didn't run away, see? I was just busy, this is the first chance I've had to respond

Damn, that post is way too long too. But y'all have to share the blame for this one, as I'm just responding to you.

BF2. Buy an AR15, plain Jane Colt 6920, and take time mastering the fundamentals of marksmanship and enjoy your fine weapon. You'll find it remarkably accurate and reliable. After that do whatever the fuck you want. Don't make plans to buy 5 guns back to back, just get one and master it, and when you feel you'd benefit from moving up to a new sort of weapon, do so. But, I can tell just from what you've said here, you are not ready to do so at this juncture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bf2wesley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, that post is way too long too. But y'all have to share the blame for this one, as I'm just responding to you. </div></div>

The kid took a beatin' and he still came back...without excuses. Now just lay off the speed, don't drink the cool-aid and you'll be all right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bf2wesley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, that post is way too long too. But y'all have to share the blame for this one, as I'm just responding to you. </div></div>

The kid took a beatin' and he still came back...without excuses. Now just lay off the speed, don't drink the cool-aid and you'll be all right. </div></div>

If all else fails, I've heard if you press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, select, start is good for getting you out of a bind.

Edited for accuracy
smile.gif

bf2wesley, its all good! I'm sorry for jumping on the dog pile. You're being a good sport, which is an indication that you can probably learn something around here. Don't take any this too much to heart, keep asking (shorter) questions and take everything with a grain of salt. Try to get a feel for what this site is and isn't - If you want to learn about shooting rifles, this is a great place, it's not so great for other things. I hope you stick around.

all that being said, I stand by my helmet reccomendation, they are handy and I wear one for almost everything - rock climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding, and at work. I dont think in most cases it necessarily has to offer ballistic protection, but it does have to be good at protecting your grape. Check out the OPS Core FAST helmet, its pricey, but it should meet your head protection needs.

Sorry for being a dick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lockdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bf2wesley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, that post is way too long too. But y'all have to share the blame for this one, as I'm just responding to you. </div></div>

The kid took a beatin' and he still came back...without excuses. Now just lay off the speed, don't drink the cool-aid and you'll be all right. </div></div>

If all else fails, I've heard if you press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, is good for getting you out of a bind. </div></div>

Good thing that I had put my coffee down just then ...

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lockdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If all else fails, I've heard if you press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, is good for getting you out of a bind.</div></div>

We're dating ourselves with that one.

Damn, in 3 posts he managed to get our tighty whities bunched up, and humbled the most hard core. Good going kid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lockdown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If all else fails, I've heard if you press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, is good for getting you out of a bind.</div></div>

We're dating ourselves with that one.
</div></div>

No joke, every day that goes by I feel it more and more. Oh and to the OP, welcome to The Hide
smile.gif

There's one thing about being nice to new members, but...

bf2wesley05-20-2011, 12:36 AM
I might suggest going to ITS Tactical and checking out their superb lockpicking information. I have the Serepick titanium Bogota entry toolset (which is awesome), and I highly recommend it. As aforementioned, the best thing to do it get a good set of picks, and then practice. I ask my friends if I can work on their locks when I visit, most think it's cool and agree.

Lock picking tools? Emergency medical kits? Body armor? I'm sorry, but Wesley is clearly a nutjob.

I at least respect the kid for returning and hanging in there, replying to comments and clarifying a few points, that bein said I'd have no qualms sharing a tinfoil hat with him in my zombie bunker.

I still say that his plan is missing some things.

2236420346_b5ae13b064.jpg

bf2wesley,

One of the big problems here is you've come into this arena with way too many pre-suppositions. It's like you ask questions and let on that you seem to know what you asked about was for. Ask a question, get an answer, use that knowledge. A lot of people on here are ex-NCO's of one branch or another. And they tend to develop the attitude of 'they have 1.1 seconds for a dumb question and about 4.4 seconds for a good one'. Glad to see you cam back and explained yourself a little better. Keep posting.

Anyhow, I see your point on the .22. I suggested a bolt gun first. You could, in fact, flip flop that choice with an AR as Mahk suggested. It's accurate, you learn a lot not just about long range shooting, but the basic rifle is useable (somewhat) to learn short range combat tactics or CQB. For home defense, I still say it has a lot more viability than a shotgun.

So, in essence, it really does all the basic jobs you need. It doesn't do any one of them the best, but it does very well in each arena.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still say that his plan is missing some things.

2236420346_b5ae13b064.jpg
</div></div>

Great...now I have to explain to my Chief why I spit my coke all over my laptop.