• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

AR bolt pin ?

Jared Aguilar

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2010
Roswell NM
Was cleaning the bolt on my rifle today and noticed that the pin that holds the ejector is sticking out a little. I tried tapping it in with a punch and it helped a little but the end is pinged and still protrudes a little. Anything to worry about??Thanks!!!

Re: AR bolt pin ?

It should be entirely in the the bolt body. It should be a rol pin and held in by it's own tension. If it keeps creeping out order a new one from any of the reputable AR parts suppliers and either replace it or have your smith do it.

you should be able to tap it in., just tap it in... so the pin is sunk a bit. I replaced mine on my AR-10, not a big deal, you should be able to do it your self easily, I used a set of punches purchased from brownells.

It should not stick out on either side beyond the curve of the bolt. From time to time these seem to hang and if you pound, you bend and have to replace.