• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR build

diGGer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2008
NY
Have a Spyder stripped lower. Wanted to know what you all would do on a short budget to build a basic target rifle. I'm in NY so subject to"no evil flash surpressors etc. Looked in shotgun news. Some companies have 20 " HBAR parts kis for 485.00 I have 150 in the stripped lower. What say you?????

Re: AR build

White Oak Armament. Just go ahead and get a good one. These have better sights, and the front sight is mounted correctly. They also must have a free float forearm if you mean Service Rifle match. These will be 20" barrels.
But if you want an AR High Power "Match" rifle, you can also get that from WOA and it will have a 25"barrel of a different configuration.

First, get this book and avoide re-inventing the wheel:
The Comptetive AR15, by Glenn Zediker. Best 30.00 I ever spent.

Rock River, DPMS, Olympic Arms, Bushmaster...most of the majors make a pretty good CMP service rifle competition upper. You're gonna need a good trigger for that lower too.

These guys will put together any kit you want. I've assembled 4 of them and never any trouble. I don't know what you want for a "target" rifle, but the Wilson NM barrel and the Shaw bull barrels they offer shoot pretty well.
http://jtdistributing.net/index.html

Thanks all. yup looking for a service rifle match rifle. left that out. Looked at model one sales. Any advice about them??? Will look up your other suggestions.

I'd skip Model 1 Sales. Some guys make out OK with them, but Ive heard enough bad things to go elsewhere.

Rock River NM upper and NM parts kit, easy to put together and good way to get in the game.