• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR Builders?

FALex

Headmaster of Romper Room
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
USA
hey folks, does anyone know who are reputable AR builders? I am looking to have an AR-10 built on a Mega MATEN with quality components/good barrel. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: AR Builders?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out RW Snyder Gunsmithing, he is a member here. </div></div>

This is worth a shot if you are looking for precision, I know he has used MATENs in the past (though he is listing something else for his custom build options now).

Also look at Rainier Arms. They sell MATENs and will assemble. They have several barrel options depending on your price range that could fit either precision or battle rifle roles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokinAce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Specialized Dynamics (Scottmilk9 on here) </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBlue&Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out RW Snyder Gunsmithing, he is a member here.</div></div>

Another one for Robert, he built an ar-10 last winter and I couldn't be happier.

Rainier Arms is building mine. I sourced most of the parts from them (upper/lower, barrel, lower kit, trigger, stock and stock guts). I'm doing a MATEN build as well and happen to be out of the country. At first I was going to put it together myself, but decided that I didn't want to muck with it when I got home and wanted it ready to go as soon as I got back. Rainier has been great to work with through the process and from what I've read other places their gunsmith shop really knows AR's.
Once I get back I'll put up some pictures as well as a review on the Rainier Ultramatch barrel.