• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar trainer options. Cmmg conversion vs s&w vs colt walther.

B

boomer81

Wanting something to work on carbine skills with 22lr. I checked out a colt/walther today that felt good but I've heard less than stellar things. The m&p seem to light and the. There is also the full cmmg rifle. But if the conversion is good it would be nice to use in my rifle. Thanks to all

I have a Tactical Solutions Kestrel upper on a Bushmaster SBR lower and its great. Mimics the 5.56 upper especially in weight. Works flawless with CCI standard velocity, suppressor and Black Dog Machine magazines.

I really like the M&P for training. YES it is light and has a lot of plastic however they are pretty much 100% reliable. I have yet to have any failures of any kind and cant say that about other dedicated or conversions. The M&P is the clear choice for me especially for training because of the bolt hold open on the last round. I truly mimics big boy black rifles in its operation.

I use a Spikes ST22 upper that is a exact copy of a M4 upper in length and weight. I changed handguard and optics to mimic my regular rifle. I simply switch uppers to have a practice rifle with the same buttstock, sling, and fire control group. It's nice to use the same trigger. Spikes has discontinued this upper but I believe Tactical Solutions dedicated upper is close to the same.

Although that set up costs appreciably more that a S&W M&P.

I had a M&P and now run a full CMMG upper. The M&P was fine. The CMMG upper is simply better for my need and more closely resembles my other AR's, using the same lower. I run a Geissele SD3G trigger and honestly shoot the 22 way more than 556.

The Nordic Components NC22 is by far the best AR Carbine. It is amazing. I have had 2 of them. I have tried and used them all and the Nordic has been hands down the best.

The Nordic Components NC22 is by far the best AR Carbine. It is amazing. I have had 2 of them. I have tried and used them all and the Nordic has been hands down the best.

Yep, yep. I have one and it's about my favorite rifle. The accuracy is close to what I get out of my Lilja barreled 40X. Compass Lake is reported to be even better, thought the magazine situation is funky. JP makes the Nordic design now, and you can buy a complete dedicated upper from them. I spoke with John about it a while back, and he thought they'd improved barrel quality over the old Nordic barrels, so they may shoot even better than mine does.

I use a Nordic upper and it is awesome. Accuracy is very impressive also. I use the S&W mags with the spacer and bolt catch from arcatch22.com and it gives me the s&w mag reliability along with last round hold open. Best of both worlds and works great! With that catch though you'd have to use it on a dedicated lower unless you wanna swap that catch out every time you swap uppers.

Nordic makes a good portion of JP's stuff uppers/lowers/handguards and such. JP actually doesn't make many if any of their parts, its all subbed out JP assembles and they assemble and do great gunsmith work only using top of the line quality products. That is why all JP rifles shoot awesome.

If you compare NC and JP you will find a lot of the stuff is very close with cosmetic differences and branding

IMHO, the downside to the S&W 15-22 is the very short stroke of the charging handle compared to an AR. I've yet to break it though.