• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar Trigger

ramrod197

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
Mt Airy Maryland USA
I dont have alot of money so i am trying to get a decent trigger with out spending $200 or more. so what about Rock river triggers and what wieght can i get them in and where? Thanks Brian

Re: Ar Trigger

triggerworks.net

Send your old trigger in and about $50.00. In a week you have an unbelievable trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caveman_tx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oops. triggerwork.net </div></div>

A big +1 on Bill Springfield's triggers. He can give you the weight you want. I've even got a 2.5lb in my Target AR. Good stuff and under $100.

I have a question. I am putting together a DPMS LR308. It does not have the replaceable trigger guard. My 2 stage trigger is LMT. The trigger is too long, By this i mean when i squeez the trigger it touches the trigger guard aftr the break. Would filing down end of the trigger do any damage?

TIA Kirk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caveman_tx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oops. triggerwork.net </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">should be just fine, take it slow and make it look right

this looks like a new entry in the market

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27516/Product/MODEL_II_AR_TRIGGER?avad=avant </div></div>

I think I'd pass on this and go with the SSA Gieselle for $20 more,besides,on this you have to fit the .155 pins instead of .154.If you move it to a different lower,you have to open up the pin holes in that one too.It is not milspec and I use the KNS pins in all my builds anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele SSA. Nothing better.... $170 from several sources.
</div></div>

Geissele SSA is a great trigger at not too bad of a price. They are easy to install and work well. I have several of these triggers and I don't think I would even try another.

i have Rock River 2-stage, Bill Springfield,Timney,and AR Gold
----the gold is the very best i own but very expensive--have read about problems with the other triggers I own but no problems yet ---1500 is the highest roundcount on any lower.
would have to give my vote to Bill for the best product at lowest cost---will try Geissele on next build--heard lots of good info about them

if you shoot mostly reloads, I would just swap the springs for the JP yellow ones, it's $10! They are not good on some military stuff due to hard primers, but for reloaders.. it workd great in my guns..

Otherwise Geissele SSA $170 from Midway

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ramrod197</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clean where did you get your trigger </div></div>

Sorry buddy I have been gone on vacation.

Got mine directly from rockriverarms.com and couldnt be happier with it. Not to mention they have great customer service.

I know everyone likes the Geissele triggers but i am broke and need a cheaper trigger ,so i think i am going with the rock rivers, sounds like some really like it. I do need a 2 stage for some compititions i go too. Thanks aall for the input

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ramrod197</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know everyone likes the Geissele triggers <span style="font-weight: bold">but i am broke and need a cheaper trigger</span> ,so i think i am going with the rock rivers, sounds like some really like it. I do need a 2 stage for some compititions i go too. Thanks aall for the input </div></div>

Thats no excuse for not getting the very best.

I have Rock River and Wilson Combat 2-stage triggers in my AR's, and I have played with many other AR triggers. For me the Wilson Combat trigger is simply the best trigger I have felt on combat style rifle, and the added half-cock safety notch is nice. However, if I was on a budget I wouldn't hesitate to go with the RRA NM trigger.

I've got the Geissele DMR. Was $279. With $25-off $250 coupon, USPS shipping & NRA round-up it came to $259 even. Delivered.

I'm not sure about it yet. I have at least 4 of the Chip McCormick that I really like. Not a fan of the Timney drop-in at all so far.

I'm pretty curious about the $170 SSA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ramrod197</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know everyone likes the Geissele triggers <span style="font-weight: bold">but i am broke and need a cheaper trigger</span> ,so i think i am going with the rock rivers, sounds like some really like it. I do need a 2 stage for some compititions i go too. Thanks aall for the input </div></div>

Thats no excuse for not getting the very best. </div></div>

True. Save up $100 your first paycheck then $70 and some change the second and you buy your GA SSA.

Or hell if you're really broke, then save $50 first paycheck, $50 second paycheck, then fork over the $70 the third paycheck and you have your SSA.

If you love shooting and plan to shoot a lot the Rock river which is about $100 which will be fine, but is FAR from what a GA will ever be. Later on down the road (when that Rock River starts doubling on you, well if you plan on shooting all that much) you end up buying a SSA for $170 you just spent about $270 on triggers total. $270 will get you the GA Hi-Speed trigger now.

I am running an AR Gold love it 3000+ rounds on it no problems at all. If I were to run a single stage it would be a JP, FWIW.