• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ar vs. scar/acr

Re: Ar vs. scar/acr

Does the AR give the user more options? Sure, it's been around since the 50s. Are AR's more accurate than SCARs? Sure.

But I believe, right now at 1:10pm, that SCAR is a better rifle. Could that opinion change? You bet. In a flash. I'm still testing mine. If it falls off a cliff in performance or function at some point, I reserve the right to change my mind.

But...I think the SCAR is lighter, easier to maintain and offers better features the AR can never do. But...it has all of those great AR type controls on the lower. Very cool.

I have some co-workers who run the SCAR 17 for call-outs. At their ranges, they feel it's better than the 308 AR's they were running. And that's kinda the kicker of the SCAR against the AR: in 308 it rocks the socks off the AR. A 308 SCAR weight and handling wise kinda cancels out the desire of the mid-caliber in the AR. I find 308 ARs to be too heavy/bulky/front-end heavy for anything much beyond DMR roles.

Again...my opinion. That' worth what you paid for it. And I might very well be on here tomorrow blasting the SCAR as a flaming turd if it starts going tits-up.

I wonder what the SCAR precision will be like in their SSR or Precision platform that is out in Europe and in some MIL units? That rifle has 6-mounting points for the barrel as opposed to the 4 on the current rifles. Who know what the future holds? After market shops and barrels. Easily caliber convertible. All kinds of goodness.

So yes, the AR is more accurate. Right now. I think the SCAR has a chance to catch-up. Or at least seriously close the gap. Maybe it's more hope than think. But that is a reflection of how positively I look at the SCAR. Right now. At 1:13pm.

TTR

I bought an enhanced ACR. Still think they are one of the coolest looking rifles out there. And i ignored all the negative talk about it and shelled oit $2600 for it. After 1000 rounds, i had about 5 mags feed without problems. The rest were nothing but problems. Needless to say, ACR got sold and I bought another Noveske.

I dont care what people said as long as it performs... and Im sure people could out shoot me with a scar while I used the best rifle in the world but at the end of the day I know I didnt get beat because of the rifle.... I got beat because I was too slow or didnt hit the target. I like to take out as many factors as I can. The scar is a good rifle and people do well with them but as of right now they arent accurate enough and there just arent allot of vendors suppling upgrad barrels and triggers to convince me to buy one. Not yet...
Custom 1911 no I wont make it. Even if I put in my order tonight they claim a 2-3 month wait.... I have to make up my mind between the scr-11or psc-11 still...