• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AR10 fireball on first shot

Csf45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
After watching the video I discovered there was a fireball on the first shot when I put my can on my buddies AR10. Can is YHM 7.62 Ti. None of my rifles did this as far as I can tell. Is this anything to be concerned about?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTE2iZKea8k&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JTE2iZKea8k&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: AR10 fireball on first shot

Shoot it in the dark and I think you'll find that MOST can's have a flash signature on the first shot. I doubt it's the gun, it's the can...and it's not just THAT can either. The less oxygen you have in the can when the first shot is taken, the less flash you'll have.
From 100 yds down range, I doubt you would have been able to tell it was a flash and not muzzle exhaust, unless you were looking at the bore through a scope or in failing light, and by then it's too late.

Purge with nitrogen,cover with tape,shoot with no first shot flash !!!!

Stop slapping that trigger!!!

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop slapping that trigger!!!

laugh.gif
</div></div>

Haha, I'll let him know. Terrible form

I would bet that there was substantial amount of cleaning/lubricating oil or spray that lit up that first round.

HOLY SHIT.....!!!!!

full stop......save your life......

boltripper gives .39 cents for that pos

lmk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmtsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would bet that there was substantial amount of cleaning/lubricating oil or spray that lit up that first round. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOLY SHIT.....!!!!!

full stop......save your life......

boltripper gives .39 cents for that pos

lmk </div></div>
Don't lowball me now asshole. I gotta get at least a dollar fifty for it.

Thanks for the replies. Nothing to worry about as I suspected, just making sure.