• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR10 Guys: Best Single Stage Trigger

cypriss32

L337
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2004
Fresno, Ca
Looking to upgrade triggers from the RRA 2stage NM to something sub 4 pounds and SINGLE stage. Ive had a JD and like that. Any issues running their trigger in a AR10? My lower is a Aero Precision Armalight pattern, if that matters?

Re: AR10 Guys: Best Single Stage Trigger

"JD"?

A tuned JP Enterprises trigger is considered by many to be the best single stage trigger for the AR-15 or AR-10 platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">geissele. </div></div>

+1, SSA-E

Timney for single stage and Geissele for two stage.

JP i mean....... My bad. I was in hurry and messed up.

I have a adj JP SS kit in a DPMS LR-308. Works, like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"JD"?

A tuned JP Enterprises trigger is considered by many to be the best single stage trigger for the AR-15 or AR-10 platform. </div></div>

+1

I'd suggest you try a few out. I've had/have several. AR Gold is the only thing I've bought more than once. My personal opnion (so calm down everyone).

I'd like to know who makes the single stage in my GAP10. Best SS I've ever used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to know who makes the single stage in my GAP10. Best SS I've ever used. </div></div>

Thats a good question Axe of Battle. Everybody seems very happy with them. I'd also like to know.

I have a JP in an AR15 and 2 AR Gold triggers in an AR15 and an AR10

You trying to shoot fast or accurately? For 3 gun, i took off my Timney. Nice, yes but it doesn't reset hard enough for me. I have a tuned Giselle national match in there now. I am faster with it AND its waaay better for the precision stuff. Just waiting on a CMC to get here so i can play with it a bit. I also have a older grind to fit defensive edge trigger that im way fast with in another and its hard to beat..

Since it sounds like you're using an Armalite pattern, take a look about halfway down the first page of this link http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_62/378850_AR10_FAQ_and_information_Small_Update_2012.html It shows three different bolt carrier groups used by Armalite. If you're using one of those older bolt carriers with the narrow notch for the hammer,those won't work with stock AR-15 triggers due to the wider hammers. You can of course machine a AR-15 hammer down to work. I use a JARD single stage trigger in my Armalite AR-10. I've only used it for slow, precision range work. How it would be for 3 gun or any other type of rapid fire, I don't know. I does have a very smooth, consistant pull that's far better than the stock trigger. Weight of pull is adjusted by changing out a single spring.

It depends on the type of shooting you'll be doing with it. I love JP triggers but not in my .308. I prefer the Geissele SSA if carbine type work, but have a SD-E in one for precision work.

Ones I've had issues (durability, consistency, etc) with in a .308:
RRA
Jewell
Jard
Timney

As DT1 will tell you, I'm hard on my equipment so take it with a grain of salt.

I'll add another vote for JP Enterprises...I have two and I'm very pleased with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've put in a few jard triggers and they are set to 1.5lbs, very crisp as well.</div></div>

Behind the SR Gold, the Jard was the finest AR trigger I've personally ever owned. My only dislike was that it was SO smooth that you couldn't feel any resistance at all before the break, which is entirely a personal preference and not at all a flaw of function or design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bradu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Timney for single stage and Geissele for two stage. </div></div>

+1 I have the Timney single stage in my Gap AR10 and my Hk... they are great for that plus their customer service is great. My Hk used to get hard primer strikes with some military ammo and I emailed them. They said to send it in... he had a new trigger with stronger spring to me in 3 days! No problems since.

I have Geissele DMR's in my precision AR10 and 15 and it is the best 2-stage that I've used... ok well, I've only used the RRA 2-stage, but this trigger rocks! They gave me a match spring kit at the shot show also!

The man in Colorado Springs who hones stock AR triggers. Send him an otherwise junker take-off and he'll return you a fine and reliable single stage.

Want it slicker? Burnish the engagement surfaces with a popsicle stick and moly or Hbn, or a leather boot lace and same lubricant.

Works swimmingly well.

I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The man in Colorado Springs who hones stock AR triggers. Send him an otherwise junker take-off and he'll return you a fine and reliable single stage.

Want it slicker? Burnish the engagement surfaces with a popsicle stick and moly or Hbn, or a leather boot lace and same lubricant.

Works swimmingly well.

I know.

</div></div>

Am vaguely familiar with this, learning more. What is the "lifecycle" of one of these trigger jobs. Equal to the rest of the "triggers in a box" out there? In short, are they really good then deteriorate faster than others? Kinda like a knife holding its edge.. Thank You -Matt

I have the JP EZ trigger in my LR. Mine breaks at 4.5 lbs., I installed it myself. It came with a JP safety selector, too, included in the price of $259. It has a nice clean, crisp break. Total travel of the trigger is maybe 1/16" and that's it. This trigger suits me fine and it is fast if you need that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Works swimmingly well.

I know.
</div></div>

His name is Bill Springfield. Best deal going.

http://www.triggerwork.net/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Works swimmingly well.

I know.

</div></div>

http://www.triggerwork.net/ </div></div>

Thanks, I've got 3 that could use it. Good info.

Hold up, can you run the Geissele AR triggers in the AR-10?

If so, you should really look at the Geissele 3-gun trigger. I got the flat bow, the 3GSD. Man, that thing is FAST! It is a two stage trigger, but they said they built it that way for safty and function, yet it functions just like a one stage trigger. There is no discernable second stage at all, just a short, smooth single stage pull all the way through, and the crisp break is like falling off a cliff blindfolded.

Wilson makes a nice 3G trigger too, but it seemed to me that it had a second stage to it if I recall right...

Before you make your decision, seriously check out that 3G. I don't think there is another trigger quite like it and I've tried a bunch and own several. All my friends love it, and most of my army buddies agree they'd rather have had that instead of the heavy burst trigger in an issue rifle. It being so light may have been an issue, but still I have to agree too. My M4 sports this trigger now.

Finally, a good cheap way is to sit down with an Arkansas stone and a DPMS or LMT trigger group (or one that has ground engagement surfaces, Oly for instance does not work) and polish those out and follow up with a dremel and cotton drum. You can get factory AR triggers to a nice, smooth 4lb pull if you work at it and are very careful. I did this with my Beowulf, but stopped at 4.5lb.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Works swimmingly well.

I know.
</div></div>

http://www.triggerwork.net/ </div></div>

Have a 9mm AR and a Colt that I'm going to have this done to. Want to keep the Colt as stock as possible and don't want to spend a ton on the 9mm trigger. Better trigger and keep reliability= happy shooter! Thanks! -Matt

+1 on Bill Springfield as well. Great guy, great triggers. Just installed one with JP Oversized pins in an SPR build, and have one going into my MA Ten build. Beats the pants off my Nickle Boron group + JP springs all day long.

Bill Springfield does good work.

I still choose my Timney drop ins though. They are phenomenal triggers and they are just to easy.

timney, been running them in all my AR's (3 in 223 and 2 in 308) and they are crisp and consistant. I use the 223 models in the 308's as well, never had any issues with light strikes.