• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR15 charging handle hits UBR top???

Bullseyelr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2009
VA
Does anyone have this problem? When you pull the charging handle back on the AR15, it "skids" across the top of the Magpul UBR stock? Any way to fix this?

Re: AR15 charging handle hits UBR top???

As long as the "skid mark" is just light surface scratching and it is not gouging deeply into the polymer, it is nothing to worry about. Most AR stocks can get those kind of marks after a while...especially if you are running them more than just on the bench at the range or under other "light duty."

If it is really digging in, you could have a bent CH or the receiver extension could be a little canted or "overmolded" slightly making it seem worse than it is. Try pulling up slightly on the CH when you charge the rifle and see if that helps. If it really bothers you, you can sand it down a little, but I'd just let nature run its course. It won't hurt the UBR (other than appearance-wise) or the CH.

I tried to lift up on the CH and that helped alot. I will just have to remember to do that every time at the range. It isnt a deep scratch but rather a light "rubbing" on the top. I was just wondering if I installed something wrong and if anyone else had this same problem. Thanks for the info. Anyone else have this issue?

Sounds like the CH may be a little tweaked or out of spec.

As others have said, if it's not gouging, then don't worry about it. Wear marks happen when you use a rifle.

anyone else? I got a new CH and it still does it. I think the stock plastic is high.

I have the UBR and never had it touched by the CH at all. Do you have anyone else who could try it to see if its the way you are pulling back on the rifle?

sounds like its time for the Dremel tool to come out and play. I have had issues with it hitting my stock before and I shaved some off the bottom of the charging handle and now it doesn't hit it anymore.

I'm running a PRI Gas Buster and UBR - there is less than a millimetre clearance but it runs out parallel and does not contact the top of the stock.

Never heard of "wheelie wheels"?