• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AR15 Pistol 10.5 red dot

anderson22

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2014
Washington
Looking for a red dot, trying to decide what to put on it, really don’t want to spend more than 450.00. What’s good:)

Do you have a Cabela’s near you so you could look through a few different sights? I just put an Eotech XPS2 on an AR pistol and sighted it in last week. The battery life/always on function of the Aimpoint was appealing, but I liked the reticle for the Eotech better. I might be mistaken on this part, but I think the Eotech’s are closer to being parallax-free.

edit to add link

Here’s a link to a write-up on parallax that another forum member has done. It covers the Aimpoin Comp M5 and Trijicon MRO.

Last edited:
Look at the above mentioned ones and add a Trijicon MRO to the list. I have a Eotech 512, Aimpoint T2, and a Trijicon MRO, and I like the MRO the best.

Reactions: anderson22
Depends which reticle or singular dot you prefer.
I like my EoTech EXPS 3-4 because of the option to shoot further distance using the 4 dots and a 3x mag. Works great on my 300 blk.

Any of my pistols under 11.5” gets an RMR adjustable LED. A 10.5-11.5” AR + RMR/Mount + Streamlight TLR-1HL combo makes for a crazy low weight and handy package. You can probably find a heck of a deal on a Type 1 RMR to save money. Don’t need the Type 2 upgrades if it’s not being mounted on a pistol slide.

If it's for serious use, Aimpoint or EOTech are the way to go. I haven't had experience with the Trijicons, but the MRO looks like a solid option too. If it's for a fun gun, get a Holosun or Primary Arms and call it a day.

Aimpoint Pro. MRO is inferior, just sold all 6 of mine to go back to aimpoints. Eotech is a nice option but a EXPS2-0 is closer to $530.

Actually prefer the PRO and M4 over the T1/T2.

Stay away from the Chinese junk.

Aimpoint Pro. MRO is inferior, just sold all 6 of mine to go back to aimpoints. Eotech is a nice option but a EXPS2-0 is closer to $530.

I’m always learning new things, so school me, why is the MRO “inferior” to the Pro? I can understand if it’s not your preference, but I would legitimately like to know if there is indeed something tangible that makes the MRO inferior. Thanks!

Reactions: db2000
I’m always learning new things, so school me, why is the MRO “inferior” to the Pro? I can understand if it’s not your preference, but I would legitimately like to know if there is indeed something tangible that makes the MRO inferior. Thanks!
I have already laid it out here and you can google it but here is the fast and dirty.

1. Blue Tint makes resolving objects hard.
2. Dot is not crisp.
3. Fisheye effect due to excessive magnification creating parallax.
4. It is not bright enough and on max setting, drains the battery fast.
5. Battery design is shit and is prone to damage rending optic useless.
6. Thick body design results in obscuring more of your FOV than a AP PRO.
7.No provision for a spare battery onboard unless you get a specialized mount.

I went from Aimpoints & Acogs to a bunch of MRO's and recently back to aim point M2/M3/M4 and Pros. They are faster, cleaner and I don't have to worry about a dead battery.

I have a 10.3 with an RMR and a 16” with a MRO both optics are solid.

Tried RMR's on AR's, MP5's, HK33 and my AK shorty. They are too small, slow, and have the terrible blue tint , and are not bright enough even on the adjustable on the Type 2's.

RMR's should be relegated to pistols where they belong.

With L3 selling eotech to a venture capital firm I expect the quality and customer support to go in the shitter as they raid the company assets. Same formula has been used on dozens of gun companies with same result. Just something to think about. Now is the time to divest of eotech products while they are still valuable.

go old school aimpoint
337BB81E-3F30-488A-BC26-655F71FCB1E4.jpeg

Lesser known than the big 2 but I actually have a sig Romeo 4t on our HD rig. I trust the 4t and 4s. They have just the 4 thats not half as good (also half the price.) I own 3 eotechs. 2 green. I like the green. Aimpoint is dead last for me. To much ghosting in the tube. Where the entire inside of the tube glows red. It's very distracting and I hate them. I've had a Aimpoint h2 i sold for a t2. Both did it, sold and replaced with eotechs.

I'll always keep a few rds but from now on anything I get Is strictly lpvo

With L3 selling eotech to a venture capital firm I expect the quality and customer support to go in the shitter as they raid the company assets. Same formula has been used on dozens of gun companies with same result. Just something to think about. Now is the time to divest of eotech products while they are still valuable.
Sadly, you may be right

I have already laid it out here and you can google it but here is the fast and dirty.

1. Blue Tint makes resolving objects hard.
2. Dot is not crisp.
3. Fisheye effect due to excessive magnification creating parallax.
4. It is not bright enough and on max setting, drains the battery fast.
5. Battery design is shit and is prone to damage rending optic useless.
6. Thick body design results in obscuring more of your FOV than a AP PRO.
7.No provision for a spare battery onboard unless you get a specialized mount.

I went from Aimpoints & Acogs to a bunch of MRO's and recently back to aim point M2/M3/M4 and Pros. They are faster, cleaner and I don't have to worry about a dead battery.
I have had just the opposite experience.

My pro battery is always dead, set just above night vision settings. The dot seems further forward in the tube so is slower to aquire.

The mro on the other hand, still has the factory battery and is much faster to aquire.

I dont run the dots super bright, but the aimpoint battery is dead after 3mo.

I prefer the mro on my 7.5.

$.02
Shred

Lol the AP has a 50k+ hr battery life. It will last year's one setting bellow max. It's not uncommon for people to go years without changing a battery and never turning it off.

Sounds like you have a fake.