• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AR308 - Law Folder / LMT DMR & PRS stock question

Smitty192

Stand-up Philosopher
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Deep East Texas
I've got a Law Folder Gen 3 and contemplating installing it on a SP10. I am curios how it mates up with a LMT DMR stock or PRS Gen 3 stock. I can't seem to find and dimensions on the DMR stock and I think the PRS LOP would be too long for me.

Has anyone tried these combinations?

Thanks

I don't run a LAW on a large frame, but there is no way that I would consider one with a PRS. As far as the DMR, the 5.56 version with appropriate 308 carbine buffer and spring might be better than the longer 308 DMR.

I've got a Law Folder Gen 3 and contemplating installing it on a SP10. I am curios how it mates up with a LMT DMR stock or PRS Gen 3 stock. I can't seem to find and dimensions on the DMR stock and I think the PRS LOP would be too long for me.

Has anyone tried these combinations?

Thanks
The LOP on an AR10 will always be too long. Add a law folder and it’s even longer.

Reactions: 6.5SH
The LOP on an AR10 will always be too long. Add a law folder and it’s even longer.
I respectfully disagree.

I use this 14.5" SR-25 that has a 14" LOP with Gen3 Law Folder which is well within 1/2" of "standard" LOP for precision rifles and 14" LOP is certainly not too long for myself as I usually shoot with several notches outward on the collapsible stock adjustments.

The tape measure doesn't know the anatomical configuration of the shooters, length of reach etc. so a generalization such as "it will always be too long" is sidelined as a reality for some shooters perhaps.

This setup is stable enough to get 1st round cold bore and 2nd round hits on target at 600 meters. Just sayin'.

IMG_3224CRACKER SWAMP KAC SR-25 7TH Session 600 Meters First Two Shots 05.29.22 copy 3.png
IMG_3225CRACKER SWAMP KAC SR-25 7TH Session 600 Meters First Two Shots 05.29.22 copy.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 6.44.19 PM.png
IMG_4806.jpg
IMG_3214CRACKER SWAMP KAC SR-25 7TH Session 600 Meters 05.29.22 copy.jpg
IMG_2950CRACKER SWAMP KAC SR-25 6TH Session 600 Meters 05.01.22  copy.jpg
IMG_0167KAC SR-25 WITH SUPPRESSOR BLACK SCOPE & SLING RMR MOUNTED POOLSIDE 07.30.21 CROPPED copy.jpg
IMG_0182KAC SR-25 WITH SUPPRESSOR BLACK SCOPE & SLING RMR MOUNTED POOLSIDE 07.30.21 ANNOTATED ...jpg

I respectfully disagree.

I use this 14.5" SR-25 that has a 14" LOP with Gen3 Law Folder which is well within 1/2" of "standard" LOP for precision rifles and 14" LOP is certainly not too long for myself as I usually shoot with several notches outward on the collapsible stock adjustments.

The tape measure doesn't know the anatomical configuration of the shooters, length of reach etc. so a generalization such as "it will always be too long" is sidelined as a reality for some shooters perhaps.

This setup is stable enough to get 1st round cold bore and 2nd round hits on target at 600 meters. Just sayin'.

View attachment 7978600View attachment 7978601View attachment 7978602View attachment 7978603View attachment 7978604View attachment 7978605View attachment 7978606View attachment 7978607
Interesting pictures. I never could get used to that B5 stock. I haven't been able to find any dimensions on the LMT stock. I read they were shorter than the PRS, but nothing definitive. Still contemplating a 16" barreland a folder would make a very portable package.

I respectfully disagree.

View attachment 7978600View attachment 7978601View attachment 7978602View attachment 7978603View attachment 7978604View attachment 7978605View attachment 7978606View attachment 7978607
Let me clarify……in my opinion obviously.

BUT, the only reason that 13.5” is standard is because of the charging handle. If it were not required to clear the CH, precision stocks would be shorter as the standard with the ability to lengthen as needed. Throw in the folder and guys whe wear armor and you could be pushing 16” in your setup. The average guy does not have that gangly of arms.

But you do you. It’s your setup. It’s not wrong if it works for you.

Reactions: strikeeagle1
You can use strikeeagle1's pic with the tape measure and other info as reference.

LMT DMR with mil spec carbine RE: 9.25" collapsed, 10.5" extended
Magpul PRS Gen3: 11.5" collapsed, 12.9" extended

I believe that the 308DMR for an A5 RE is around 11/16" longer than the mil spec carbine version. The measurements would be from where the castle nut meets the LAW. The LAW adds 1.5" as shown in the above pic.

The Magpul PRS stock would seem to be at odds with dynamic shooting in armor. It is a precision rifle stock, not a “door kicker” stock. Precision rifles are often set up to be shot prone. Prone shooting favors longer lop. Adding a law adapter to a precision rifle makes sense in as much as they tend to be long rifles, and the increase in lop for a precision gun is less detrimental than for a defensive carbine.

Reactions: Laseredge
Interesting pictures. I never could get used to that B5 stock. I haven't been able to find any dimensions on the LMT stock. I read they were shorter than the PRS, but nothing definitive. Still contemplating a 16" barreland a folder would make a very portable package.

Interesting pictures. I never could get used to that B5 stock.
Law Tactical sells / sold a M110 conversion kit with either the B5 or Magpul STR stock. I chose the B5.

Law Tactical M110 Folding Stock Upgrade Kit - Butt Stock  copy.png

That's interesting. Never knew they packaged them together.
The original use case for the Law hinge was to pack the M-110/SR-25 platform more discreetly and make it easier to ingress/egress positions.