• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Arab aircrew and an Airbus 340-600

gilgamesh1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2005
Sammamish, WA
Read the directions!!!

OOOOPS!!!!!!!

This brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest

passenger airplane ever built, sits just outside its hangar

in Toulouse , France without a single hour of airtime.

1.jpg

Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies

(ADAT) to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as

engine run-ups prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi .

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area.

2.jpg

Then they took all Four engines to takeoff power with a

virtually empty aircraft. Not having Read the run-up

manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty

A340-600 Really is.

3.jpg

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit

because they had All 4 engines at full power.

The aircraft computers thought they were trying to take off,

but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.)

ATT0000444.jpg

Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit

breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

ATT0000555.jpg

The computers automatically released all the Brakes

and set the aircraft rocketing forward.

ATT0000666.jpg

The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature

so that pilots can't land with the brakes on.
ATT0000777.jpg

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough

to throttle back the engines from their max power setting,

so the $200 million brand-new Aircraft crashed into a blast

barrier, totaling it.

ATT0000888.jpg

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown due to the

news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere.

ATT0000999.jpg

Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Muslim Arabs.

ATT000101010.jpg

Finally, the photos are starting to leak out.

url]

Airbus $200 million aircraft meets retaining wall and the wall wins.

Re: Arab aircrew and an Airbus 340-600

That little mishap is good for the company i work for. I run the crane over the machine that cuts all the wing panels for Airbus. Another wing set would give us something to do.

Lets see........

A bunch of Frenchmen
+
A bunch of Rags
=
A massive Fuck Up.

SOP....simple mathmatics....seems clear to me.

Wow, you guys are really eating this one up
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A.Huckabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they only learned how to fly them after they were already in the air...</div></div>

That's funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, you guys are really eating this one up
wink.gif
</div></div>

If people actually took the time to read snopes then these things wouldn't exist and snopes would have nothing to do.

Oh, and because I want to fit in: [ <span style="font-style: italic">Insert derogatory pejorative indicating racial, national, and/or religious superiority</span> ]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, you guys are really eating this one up
wink.gif
</div></div>

Don't forget to show your work.

Social Engineering + Pavlovian Predictability > Common Sense

Racism - there has to be someone it's acceptable to hate, right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White males
</div></div>

Thats us. A bunch of chauvanistic perverts
grin.gif

I recall posting a response to a comment here on Muslim "brutality". I outlined, in great detail, many historically-correct references on how Christians have been more brutal throughout history. --Got slammed. So, now I just post unsubstantiated, pro-WASP rhetoric. I find my feelings get hurt less often that way.

Really, I think that a fundamental feature of our species is competition. Think about what features would have been selected for over 200,000 years (aggression, promiscuity, greed, competition).
Behaviors that are desirable for a societies or civilizations- cooperation, compassion, sharing- have only been around about 10,000 years.

Us vs. them is how we operate. To say we are free from racism is to be deluded. Perhaps in another 190,000 years we will have evolved into a more enlightened state. With limited planetary resources, growing populations, and shifting global wealth-- continued war, aggressive competition, and yes, racism will continue for the foreseeable future. So enjoy the joke. I am sure the Arabs have a few jokes about you too.

Your absolutly right, by my studies of history, from the crusades on, the Europeans were much more brutal than their Muslim counterparts. When they would take a city they would usually just expell the others whereas the Europeans bragged about how "the blood filled the streets". Cognac.s". And for pure brutality. the Jews, when they took the "promised land" slaughtered every living thing. Thats brutal.

The French do have one redeeming virtue, Cognac.

I was just having fun and diss'ing everbody for the laughs.

Lets face it, there is little more brutal than vaporizing a whole city with one bomb, and who invented that one? so fuck us too.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of true & false in that one. It's obviously framed as an appeal to emotion, being derogatory to Arabs and claiming a news bias.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/airplane/etihad.asp
</div></div>
wink.gif
</div></div>

Actually, my comment was directed towards the above quotes. Dogtown seems surprised at the anti-Arab sentiment. Rhetorical pathos; got to know your audience.

And I agree with you (Goldie), we are brutal little creatures. Maybe the best we can do is have a laugh and a little fun along the way.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
What was their excuse for not thorttling back the engines?

If brains were gasoline they wouldn't have enough to power a piss ants go cart half way around a BB.