• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ARC M10 Catastrophic failure?

338Winny

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2019
Has anyone experienced catastrophic failure of ARC M10 rings? Looking for an extremely rugged set of lightweight rings for a precision hunting rifle build to use on an elk hunt in the mountains and the M10's seem to fit the bill but was wondering if anyone has had a negative experience with them.

Certainly not catastrophic, and easily preventable, the only issue I've had with them is the pivot pin wanting to slide out. Easily prevented by a small dab of superglue on one end (ONLY) of each pin.

Beyond that, if I had the cash to do it, they'd be the only rings I'd run.

Reactions: Gjmen22
Some guys Locally started using them on their light cheytac’s after getting slippage from several other quality brands. The Arc’s have held up great.

Reactions: 1911hombre
They are great rings... dont know if i would call them lightweight but for something that is only going to cost you a few ounces, they are great insurance.

Define Catastrophic failure...........

Finish appears to have light spots, after bludgeoning an Antifa goy (or birl) to death with a set of ARC rings. Lol, those rings are built like a brick shit house, hell I don’t think you’d get a catastrophic failure if you mounted a 34mm square tube and torqued it as tight as it would go.

Spontaneous combustion, fragmentation, nuclear meltdown....you know. Like what usually happens with Warne vertical split rings im guessing

There is a good thread on here about how the M10’s are not a “split” ring, you get none of the issues that the conventional splits run into. I have 2 sets in use and have zero complaints about them. Good stuff.

Reactions: deersniper
The pins will move while its not clamped down, just need to make sure they are centered because once u tighten the screw, they aren't moving.

Reactions: 1911hombre
I have 2 sets of the ARC M10 ring on my ZC 4x20 scopes and no problems at all.

Hell no! Arcs are engineered to perfection. You won’t have an issue. Pick the right height is all you need to consider. Had arc went to spuhr back to arc. I won’t change again. Nothing wrong with a spuhr Mount either. 😉

Has there ever been a "catastrophic failure" of any rings made to an even halfway good standard of quality?

In this context, I take catastrophic to mean: the rings blew apart and the scope fell off the rifle.

Reactions: Tunnuh
Has there ever been a "catastrophic failure" of any rings made to an even halfway good standard of quality?

In this context, I take catastrophic to mean: the rings blew apart and the scope fell off the rifle.
By the time you rip apart a good set of rings the scope/rail are surely going to be jacked as well.

Reactions: 308pirate
Replaced Spuhr with M10 Mount. All I use are M10 mounts on anything with an adjustable cheek piece.

hahaha, I came to see what people were gonna say... nothing surprises me. My M10 are awesome.

One thing that makes them extra super duper awesome is that once you get your scope in that perfect level position, tightening that one bolt doesn't roll the scope like others do.

Reactions: gafferq2xl
Keep an eye on the pins setting up. And yes, the first time you torque your scope rings to 50+ inch pounds, the pucker factor is MAX!

Keep an eye on the pins setting up. And yes, the first time you torque your scope rings to 50+ inch pounds, the pucker factor is MAX!

All my precision optics use M10s, never a problem. Slowly converting my AR optics to the QD mount as I find good deals on them.

Re: the 55 in/lb torque. Yep, today I was mounting my Mk5 in the 35 mm rings and as it got tighter and tighter I had to keep looking and reassuring myself these were indeed 35mm rings and I hadn't got them mixed up with 34s. 😰

Reactions: StrayDog and Nik H
If ARC rings had modular capability for ramps and such and more height/angle options I would run them on everything I own. They are awesome mounts and I am currently running one on my one-hitter-quitter.

Has anyone experienced catastrophic failure of ARC M10 rings? Looking for an extremely rugged set of lightweight rings for a precision hunting rifle build to use on an elk hunt in the mountains and the M10's seem to fit the bill but was wondering if anyone has had a negative experience with them.

Take a look at the new Zeiss precision rings. I think you will find these to be a quality solution as well.

If you have a catastrophic failure with ARCs your rig will be so fucked it won’t matter. They are bomb proof and worth the money.

You’ll be hard pressed to find a product on SH with so many positive opinions of it than the M-10’s

My favorite rings, I only have four sets, wish they were on all my rifles.

I use them on my Vudoo .22, no slippage 😁

Attachments

• E77FEA67-69CF-4053-8AAA-9101E54CBDF4.jpeg
    E77FEA67-69CF-4053-8AAA-9101E54CBDF4.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 36
Question for you ARC users....I've handled the rings and mount and was really impressed with everything but 1: the lack of a recoil lug. Maybe it's just my experience with cheaper rings that only had a round screw passing through the pic slot, but it seemed I would often have them move a tiny bit under recoil and the round bolt would round the top edge of the slot over just a bit or even leave tiny thread marks in one case. Once I started getting into higher end equipment, I switched to NF, Badger, spuhr, seekins, etc...that always had a squared recoil lug. Have you ever noticed your M10's doing the same thing since they don't have one... Or did Ted find a way to defy physics :) ?
Thanks

Question for you ARC users....I've handled the rings and mount and was really impressed with everything but 1: the lack of a recoil lug. Maybe it's just my experience with cheaper rings that only had a round screw passing through the pic slot, but it seemed I would often have them move a tiny bit under recoil and the round bolt would round the top edge of the slot over just a bit or even leave tiny thread marks in one case. Once I started getting into higher end equipment, I switched to NF, Badger, spuhr, seekins, etc...that always had a squared recoil lug. Have you ever noticed your M10's doing the same thing since they don't have one... Or did Ted find a way to defy physics :) ?
Thanks

I'd bet that you never tightened the screws on your other mounts to 50-55 in lbs. The ARC rings/mounts ain't going nowhere once mounted!

I had NF rings on my 375CT, I kept tightening them more and more and the NXS 5.5-22x56 kept slipping, the tube got slide marks and slight ring indentations, which was so infuriating!! I sold the scope at a huge loss.

I bought ARC rings to replace the NF, the NF are now on my PCP air rifle, no I'm not kidding! The ARC's are the old original double strap wrench style which are awesome! There was absolutely no slipping afterwards on that same rifle. Infact when I sold that scope the tube looked like new.

I still have all the ARC rings I bought which have been used on many rifles and with many scopes. Only problem was a screw got wallowed out which I replaced. That was my fault because I remember the time I didn't put the allen wrench into the screw all the way.

Customer for life!