• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ARC mags made of unobtainium

For what its worth, my two ARC magazines are the smoothest most reliable magazines so far in my Ruger 6.5CM RPR.
Too bad you can't buy them right now. I'd like to try them.

However, I don't appreciate having to dick with a product to get it to work, especially for $70 apiece. So I hope that wouldn't be the case.

Reactions: gigamortis
Too bad you can't buy them right now. I'd like to try them.

However, I don't appreciate having to dick with a product to get it to work, especially for $70 apiece. So I hope that wouldn't be the case.
Lol
That’s pretty common actually to have to tune AICS pattern and AW mags in many rifles.

You don't know struggle unless you've owned a 2011 before MBX existed. Nothing like an intermittent $120 mag you constantly had to beat back into shape and brushed out after every time it touched the ground.
Ahh the good ol days.

Love my ARC mags, I've been looking for a few more for awhile with no success.

I have 3 early production mags with original followers, and have never had a problem with them. Ran them in a Shilen DGR (Stiller predator) action, and a Nuke in x47.

The Shilen was a 260AI, and the ARC mags actually ran that cartridge the best of any mags I tried due to the spline in the ARC mags being a touch forward as compared to other mags. This helped with the blown forward 40 degree shoulders.

I had enough troubles with a couple different platforms with the ARC mags that I ditched them and sold them off. I have been using a couple different variations of Accurate mags, one pair has the primal rights kit for a 6brx in a Nucleus action, and my other unmolested mags have ran 6creed, 6x47, 6.5x47, 6.5 saum even. The arcs were useless with any dirt intrusion in my experience. I really (really) wanted them to work, I even got a pair from LRI with their followers for the brx, and when I could only get 9 rounds in there I immediately sent them back and got the PR kits in new Accurate mags. Maybe something was up with the assembly of the BR kit to cause the 9round limit, but after my past experiences I didnt even try. I always have a magpul mag in my pack now as it has saved more than one day of shooting for me at comps.

For now I’ll just deal with the stock mags I have. Might try the Dremel trick so I can single load, or the PVC trick. Only Ruger’s attorneys thought it was a great idea not to be able to close the bolt on an empty mag for a target rifle 💁🏼‍♂️

Current rifle setup:
Lefthand
Gen1 Nucleus (single digit ser#)
MPA comp chassis
(edit) 6.5creedmoor Prime factory ammo

I have 2 ARC mags both with LRI followers installed. These mags will not feed if there is any contact to the magazine at all, as in if you slap it in and then it hangs free it runs. But if a support bag or barricade or hand comes into contact with it you are done, bound up having to remove mag and then reinsert into the rifle. I have tried them with the ARC followers and it is worse only because of the nose diving and internal binding. I would say there mags not working for me personally has more to do with the chassis then with the action. I tested this out by moving my action to a manners stock and a KRG stock my two buddies had. I had better luck using the mags in those setups. My thought is the MPA chassis doesnt fit the mag as snug and allows it to tilt forward and back. causing failure to feed. I just ordered the MPA mag plastic insert to see if this fixes it. the 2 AICS mags I have run perfect in this set up, not sure if its the fact that they are longer and not double stack that is helping? but I can wedge these AICS mags into a bag or a PRS barricade and still feed the rifle. I am by no means a pro, haven't shot better than 50% in the PRS matches I have competed in, but dropping an entire stage do to failure to feed from the mag binding is a no go for me. In the style shooting I do the mag is going to end up in contact with something. Maybe I can use this as an excuse to purchase a Foundation stock...

I want to use them because they are so compact being double stack, I just cant trust them yet to be reliable. Anyways good luck just my experience.

Current rifle setup:
Lefthand
MPA comp chassis

I have 2 ARC mags both with LRI followers installed. These mags will not feed if there is any contact to the magazine at all, as in if you slap it in and then it hangs free it runs. But if a support bag or barricade or hand comes into contact with it you are done, bound up having to remove mag and then reinsert into the rifle. I have tried them with the ARC followers and it is worse only because of the nose diving and internal binding. I would say there mags not working for me personally has more to do with the chassis then with the action. I tested this out by moving my action to a manners stock and a KRG stock my two buddies had. I had better luck using the mags in those setups. My thought is the MPA chassis doesnt fit the mag as snug and allows it to tilt forward and back. causing failure to feed. I just ordered the MPA mag plastic insert to see if this fixes it. the 2 AICS mags I have run perfect in this set up, not sure if its the fact that they are longer and not double stack that is helping? but I can wedge these AICS mags into a bag or a PRS barricade and still feed the rifle. I am by no means a pro, haven't shot better than 50% in the PRS matches I have competed in, but dropping an entire stage do to failure to feed from the mag binding is a no go for me. In the style shooting I do the mag is going to end up in contact with something. Maybe I can use this as an excuse to purchase a Foundation stock...

I want to use them because they are so compact being double stack, I just cant trust them yet to be reliable. Anyways good luck just my experience.
That pretty interesting as one of the reasons I like the ARC mags is with my Nuke in its current chassis(XLR) you can rest the rifle on or push against the magazine and it runs like a top.

yeah betting its your chassis allowing that. keep em coming need more excuses to get that stock!

Depending on what your looking for, I've had good luck with "Cheaper Than Dirt". I've also been having good luck with "Midway USA". Hope this is helpful.

Hi,

He is looking for ARC magazines...as the thread title denotes.
I doubt he will find them on "Gouger Than Dirt" and Midway USA only has mixed variety of scope mounts...no mags.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Steel head
Depending on what your looking for, I've had good luck with "Cheaper Than Dirt". I've also been having good luck with "Midway USA". Hope this is helpful.
Midway doesn't show ARC mags at all, they only list rings and mounts. I wouldn't give Cheaper Than Dirt any amount for anything.
Thanks for the attempt though.

Reactions: spife7980
Current rifle setup:
Lefthand
MPA comp chassis

I think its a tall order to expect anyones magazine to work with such a huge variety of cartridges, actions, chassis, stocks, bottom metals, CRF or push feed. Just far too many variables in tolerance stack up not to mention designs.
I'm want the ARC mag because it is going in a complete 6.5CM ARC rifle, which should be the primary design criteria.
If another brand works, great! But I would rather not FA&FO if I can source the original. Which it seems I can get at least 1 with my rifle order.
I have an APO and XLR chassis I would try them in out of curiosity, but I have good luck with Magpuls and both are holding .308 chambered rifles. I would rather keep the mags different as well to avoid any caliber mismatches, however unlikely that may be.

I think its a tall order to expect anyones magazine to work with such a huge variety of cartridges, actions, chassis, stocks, bottom metals, CRF or push feed. Just far too many variables in tolerance stack up not to mention designs.
I'm want the ARC mag because it is going in a complete 6.5CM ARC rifle, which should be the primary design criteria.
If another brand works, great! But I would rather not FA&FO if I can source the original. Which it seems I can get at least 1 with my rifle order.
I have an APO and XLR chassis I would try them in out of curiosity, but I have good luck with Magpuls and both are holding .308 chambered rifles. I would rather keep the mags different as well to avoid any caliber mismatches, however unlikely that may be.
oh for sure. wasnt bashing ARC by any means, was just giving my experience with them personally in my setup. They didnt work as much as I wanted them to.

Thanks to another member and a WTB in the PX I should have a couple mags in the next day or two. Will get a TMB from @rydah by April I hope.
Now for a break in the weather.

Attachments

• 20210204_165232.jpg
    20210204_165232.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: rydah
Had my first failure of the ARC mag with LRI follower this last weekend. It was during a match and it stopped feeding. The rounds got stuck low in the mag and they would not come all the way to the top. It was a cold 20 degree match with some nasty winds that pushed a ton of dirt in every part of my rifle. Took a good two hours to clean everything.

Had my first failure of the ARC mag with LRI follower this last weekend. It was during a match and it stopped feeding. The rounds got stuck low in the mag and they would not come all the way to the top. It was a cold 20 degree match with some nasty winds that pushed a ton of dirt in every part of my rifle. Took a good two hours to clean everything.

My question would be were you the only one with an issue or was it an issue for everyone regardless of what the were running.

Lots and lots equipment failures from more than half of everyone shooting. Two people in my squad with mag feeding issues with magpul mags and everyone with gritty/sticky bolts