• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ARC Nucleus or Bighorn Origin

It is the 1.0 version. I inquired about having mine converted 1.1 but they have no plans as of right now. I might pick one up at some point.

I would grab a 1.1 while they are cheap.

Out of the box with no time on them the Nucleus has a light throw. It has had their lightweight, medium and heavy firing pin springs installed. It reliably ignited FGMM primers with the lightweight spring. With Tula/Wolf primers, which are very hard, it would not ignite reliably with anything but the heavy spring.

The Origin feels smoother and less cheap but the throw is not as light as the Nucleus with the light or medium firing pin spring.

With the heaviest spring in the Nucleus the Origin feels better than the Nucleus.

If you can use FGMM primers the Nucleus can be made to feel very good.

Man after reading the Archimedes issue with the TT Diamond, I went to check mine (Long Action). Slammed the bolt in a few times and no striker drop.

Sorry to hear about your problems @Dolomite_Supafly

Glad the Nucleus works well for ya.

As for the ARC Mags, i had a chance to try it out yesterday. And had some rounds nose dive a bit...not as bad as some photos I've seen. Had to reach in the ejection port and pull the cartridge back and down. This happens with my AM mags too, but not as often. When it worked, it was pretty smooth. I see what you guys are talking about. Thanks!

Man after reading the Archimedes issue with the TT Diamond, I went to check mine (Long Action). Slammed the bolt in a few times and no striker drop.
That is why I said it was a problem with MY Archimedes. There are some that work fine, mine didn't.

There always is a certain amount of tolerance and sometimes they stack in your favor and sometimes they do not. I helped a shop assemble ARs a long time ago and sometimes the tolerances gave you a 10 pound trigger and sometimes it would give you an amazing sub 4 pound trigger using parts from the same bulk part lots.

Reactions: Dooby
I’d go with the Origin.

For the amount of money you’re spending, you shouldn’t have to be a test dummy for their actions and watch the product improve constantly (and immediately) after release. Perhaps it wasn’t ready?

Add in the fact that there are different things people have to try to get some of theirs to work and to me, it’s just not worth the risk.

I’d go with the Origin.

For the amount of money you’re spending, you shouldn’t have to be a test dummy for their actions and watch the product improve constantly (and immediately) after release. Perhaps it wasn’t ready?

Add in the fact that there are different things people have to try to get some of theirs to work and to me, it’s just not worth the risk.

Throw $70 at an ARC mag and get burned = not that big a deal.

$800+p+ for an action that may or may not get treated the same way?

Bighorn please.

Reactions: 223Pete
I'm also in the camp that doesn't understand the drastic difference in experience with ARC products. I have MF #29, L/A nucleus #95, rings, mounts, and magazines. Never really had any serious issues.

I guess I have experience professionally building rifles, so I know what to look for. Lots of knobs to turn.

I’d go with the Origin.

exactly! Can't tell you how many times I've heard " Customer being the Beta tester" when ARC comes up.
I won't even talk about the Mags as everything has already been said. Just go MDT and be done. It just works with out investing more money into it just to get it to work.

OP, Just go with Bighorn. They actually support the PRS/NRL sport and they have great Customer service.

I have 2 TL3's and an Origin from the pre-order. I love the Origin. It is super smooth and a pleasure to run. I have it in a hunting rifle and it's a svelte little number. Proof barrel, flush DBM, finely tuned Jewell. I also have the direct mount Hawkins Hybrid rings. Really cool setup. Just got an Ultra 5 for it. Pleasure to carry around.

What stock and DBM are you using in that rifle?

I have 2 TL3's and an Origin from the pre-order. I love the Origin. It is super smooth and a pleasure to run. I have it in a hunting rifle and it's a svelte little number. Proof barrel, flush DBM, finely tuned Jewell. I also have the direct mount Hawkins Hybrid rings. Really cool setup. Just got an Ultra 5 for it. Pleasure to carry around.

Just the standard "Rem 700 short action" size on those Hawkins rings? I like that setup there for a light rifle.

On mine after I beveled the plunger on the bolt hood it was awesome.
The bevel gets rid of the hitch spot you could feel if you muscled the bolt closed.
Steel Head, could you please post or send me some pictures of what you beveled on your Nucleus? I have the same problem with the hitch on closing the bolt.

I went origin, and I have been extremely happy with it! Its smooth, looks good and most importantly it's very reliable.
Go origin and dont look back.

Reactions: 223Pete
i was back and forth on both but ended up with the Origin. For me, Origin prefit shouldered barrels were easier to get. I figured I would be happy with either.

Hey guys, so i ended up going with a Nucleus 1.1. I have a trigger tech special on it that seems nice. Just received my Proof barrel and looking at sending it to LRI to have it chambered/threaded. Next ill be looking at chassis/stock. Anyone have any recommendations for a lighter chassis systems? If so drop some pics! I'd love to get some ideas for my build.