• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Arc Nuclues action owners

We share same I do not like redding dies I'm a forester die guy myself but they don't make the 30 nosler or bushing dies. I need to talk to whidden I did awhile ago lead times were pretty backed up
when you call whidden and talk to the die maker(if you talk to him)make sure you have all your ducks in a row and know exactly how you want the die...all i can say is he knows way more than i do about making dies but i knew EXACTLY how i wanted MY die's made and we butted heads a little.

Reactions: Schw15
when you call whidden and talk to the die maker(if you talk to him)make sure you have all your ducks in a row and know exactly how you want the die...all i can say is he knows way more than i do about making dies but i knew EXACTLY how i wanted MY die's made and we butted heads a little.
Sounds good. I'm going to take way more measurements

Even just using Whidden's standard die it worked way better than the Redding die I had. In your case I would talk to them, send them a few cases and wait the wait to get the die that is going to fit your chamber.

Last I checked they didn't make a 30 nosler die off the shelf
That's probably right I'm running a 6.5 Creedmoor so pretty standard fare, high volume. You will have to wait for a full custom which does take some time for them to complete.

An ARC can have .150" protrusion on a case that big without issue. Likely it's binding in the case head where the die can't quite size it down enough.The problem may be solved by going to .150" protrusion if it doesn't have that much already.

I measured like FisherT&C asked and the two troubled barrels measured .122

The other barrels I have that really no issue was .142 .142 and .152

I posted this in an another thread but figured I'd also put it here because this thread is newer. Apologies in advance for the new question. I just got my arc nuc gen 2 rifle. I haven't put round through it yet. When dry firing the bolt lift is way heavier after a trigger pull then when I just cycle the bolt without trigger pull. Anything I should be considering that I'm unaware of? I am definitely unaware of a lot at this

I posted this in an another thread but figured I'd also put it here because this thread is newer. Apologies in advance for the new question. I just got my arc nuc gen 2 rifle. I haven't put round through it yet. When dry firing the bolt lift is way heavier after a trigger pull then when I just cycle the bolt without trigger pull. Anything I should be considering that I'm unaware of? I am definitely unaware of a lot at this
After you fire it, the bolt cycle will fully cock the striker as you lift the bolt handle. This compresses the striker spring as well as rotates the bolt body. The rotation of the bolt body forces the cocking piece (which lies inside the bolt shroud) to engage the corresponding cocking cam surface which drives the striker rearwards and compresses the striker spring.

When you cycle the bolt without a trigger pull, the cocking piece/striker is already in the rearward position and the spring is already compressed so what you're mostly doing is just unlocking the bolt.

When you close the bolt, the body rotates into position to allow the cocking piece/striker to fall forwards, however, because your trigger sear is in the way, it stops the striker as the cocking piece rests on your trigger sear until you pull the trigger.
This is normal on a 100% "cock on open" bolt action. Different bolt actions by design will divide this cocking effort between open and close. Some are 100% cock on close, some are 70/30 open/close, etc.

You can lighten the cocking effort by going with a lighter striker spring in order to reduce cocking effort, however, what you sacrifice is reliable firing pin/striker impact which potentially results in light primer strikes.

Reactions: Modoc and worm304
After you fire it, the bolt cycle will fully cock the striker as you lift the bolt handle. This compresses the striker spring as well as rotates the bolt body. The rotation of the bolt body forces the cocking piece (which lies inside the bolt shroud) to engage the corresponding cocking cam surface which drives the striker rearwards and compresses the striker spring.

When you cycle the bolt without a trigger pull, the cocking piece/striker is already in the rearward position and the spring is already compressed so what you're mostly doing is just unlocking the bolt.

When you close the bolt, the body rotates into position to allow the cocking piece/striker to fall forwards, however, because your trigger sear is in the way, it stops the striker as the cocking piece rests on your trigger sear until you pull the trigger.
This is normal on a 100% "cock on open" bolt action. Different bolt actions by design will divide this cocking effort between open and close. Some are 100% cock on close, some are 70/30 open/close, etc.

You can lighten the cocking effort by going with a lighter striker spring in order to reduce cocking effort, however, what you sacrifice is reliable firing pin/striker impact which potentially results in light primer strikes.
Thank you! So just gotta put a little more back in to it or get my skinny ass to the gym.

Found some fired brass. At .200 line measures .5485 1 at .549 then took measurements down to extraction groove was .546 .547

Fisher T&C is going to be doing some work to help me out

Alright guys found some brass that gave me clickers I forgot I threw them to the side. Most are measuring .5485 to .549 with 2 thou shoulder bump they measure .548 at .200 so not enough. One of the barrels had a rough chamber job had it polished but when I got it back I set it back of bench and for got about it been busy. The brass that gives clickers in one barrel doesn't in the other barrel that had to be polished. Think I found my solution maybe fix the protrusion issue get the other barrel polished and buy the bullets central die that resizes more of the case.